sooo. any plan for color changes for powers?since...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Oct 27, 2016.

1. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

If they want to make easy money all they have to do is let hard light change colors.

1.Hard light Hero side Green ,Blue, White ,Star Sapphire and Indgo.

2.Hard Light Villains side Yellow, Orange, Black ,Star Sapphire and Indigo.

I added Star Sapphire to both sides because they have been villains in the comics for along time and heroes for a little while I also add Indigo because they can be both it would just depend on if the ring is controlling them.
    • Like x 1
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

One time payment= unlimited ability to change power colors
  3. Noble One Committed Player

no that guy is right as i was here for that. WB had said no to green auras when they were released at the time. heck there werent even yellow auras for the sinestro corp but they had gold to be close. trademark was and is still a big thing when it comes to WB/DC

when the game was first announced you were suppose to be able to earn your mentors emblem (e.i. batman, supes, and WW). before release of the game WB/DC removed it as those are TM/copyrighted. i was shocked and glad with the release of BvS they put their emblems in (but they have removed again from the marketplace).

so yea it plays a HUGE deal with them. changing colors of the powers has been up during launch and their ruling is usually no due to pvp, new people getting confused at first, and/or TM/copyright issues.
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I think if HL wasn't an existing power set and PvP wasn't an issue, they would give us the ability to change the color of our powers. Due to DC's lore restrictions, HL players would never be allowed to change colors therefore it would be unfair if everyone else had this option.
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Black isn't an option because they're not "villains", Black Lanterns are opposed to both factions (all life in the universe, actually). White has a similar issue but for the opposite reasons. Orange could never happen because there is only 1 existing Orange Lantern (everyone else is either a construct created by Larfleeze or a reanimated corpse controlled by Larfleeeze). If anyone were to gain an Orange Lantern ring, Larfleeze would just find them, beat them senseless and steal it. Blue and Indigo are pacifists, so they're fighting outside of the War of the Light content would make no sense. So that leaves Star Sapphires, not pacifist but they're fighting outside content of the War of the Light again makes no sense.
  6. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

Some colors are canon in the comic book industry like pink for mental. It used by DC comics and Marvel with some exceptions of course.
  7. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

wishes he could
  8. DeadSteel Active Player

I've been preaching purchasable power skins for a while now, side change hard light, blue fire, luthor or joker tech, green atomic, blue electric, side change celestial, black quantum, I do feel like we will be getting a healing light power and it will have some kind of side coloring
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

well if they would add what im talking about, i assume you would just go into the section where you change the color of any other power and would just change to yellow. never said you could already do it.
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

i spam about that too much when wol 1 came out and we were getting red and blue lanterns as tanks, then they made it just red lanterns. and i have been expecting blue lantern healing for a while for heroes. and orange for villain, if they do it... but who knows, id rather just have the color changes myself.
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

the devs also said we couldnt ever get a green aura in the past too... and we couldnt get lantern emblems , but So much has changed with the DC IPs they've pretty much allowed everything now. and its been along time since they said that about pvp. i don't think that would be a problem. cause the problem was with the ps3. not the pc, being the ps3 could only handle so many changes... now the ps4 runs most of the show with the pc and xbox one now... it could definetly be done
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

HL isnt an exact copy of each other though. Yellow and Green have similar but different animations for certain abilities. As far as the whole color my power thing. Look at the PS3 and when that RAM issue is resolved then we can start asking power color change questions.
  13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

When was DCUO suppose to dump the PS3 ( resolve the RAM issue )?
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

When Sony stops PS3 support at the end of 2017.
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The green aura and Lantern emblems come across more as a "DC had to approve it" kind of thing, though. The issues/questions about power coloring were addressed long before Light was officially brought into the game, bringing with it possible canon conflicts.

Also, it may have been a long time since they said that about PvP, but there's been NO change or even movement towards change seen since they said that. After this amount of time it's about as close to something being set in stone in the game as we can get.
  16. Solarverse Committed Player

Yeah, I just misread your post.
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

It had nothing to do with IP's or graphics, it was that they thought it would confuse people.

Even though the animations themselves are unique amongst all powers, apparently green fire would cause mass confusion or something :eek:
  18. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Confusion Power Set for 2018 confirmed!
    • Like x 1
  19. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Perhaps most, but I'd love to be able to change my quantum to green!
    My earth to brown.
    And my fire for Black!
    Make a Magneto using Purple Electricity.
    And use black and red in my sorcerer.

And not ... The PvP would not mess up anything!
    • Like x 1
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

i think this is a great idea