Blue Lantern / Pink Lantern

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheOlaade, Oct 24, 2016.

1. TheOlaade New Player

Hey everyone!, this is just a thought that I recently had. Feel free to leave your comments, add-ons, gameplay ideas etc. below :)

Since the Green Lantern DLC also featured the Yellow Lantern power set for the villains. Also since we did not get an opposite power set for the Red Lantern DLC. I was thinking we could implement the opposition system once again just to brighten up the games skies rather than seeing the same colored power on both factions.

We could have the Blue Lantern power set for the hero faction and the Pink Lantern power set for the villain faction.The reason for this is because in the comics the Love Lanterns (as contradictory as it sounds), are a chaotic and malicious faction. Therefore, it would make sense to have them as the villainous power set and have the Hope Lanterns be the heroic power set since they represent hope, will, and compassion across the universe.

The DLC could have the power sets be a healer role, as Saint Walker is a healer in the Legends PvP queue hence the role. Also, the Pink Lanterns and Blue Lanterns would be a great colour association for a healing power set and therefore both factions would work for this specific role. Anyway, this was just my idea for the next healing power set that the devs could release instead of water.

Hope you guys enjoyed and please leave your comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them! ;)
    • Like x 3
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

From the #AskDCUO session 10/07/16
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/askdcuo-session-10-07-16.280527/

• Like x 2
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Wait instead of releasing water you want two different colorstyles of lanterns to be released.
    Ok I guess you have no clue about things. First the devs a while ago have said no blue lantern healer period second love is at opposite sidesof fear and hate. Third and water power has been promised for nearly 5 years so all the work that has been done so far would be tossed out to start all over new again with a power type that most of the community are having issues with as in agreeing to what lantern color it should be.
    But hey you have a great idea that the devs should scrap one of the most anticipated powers in the game. Great idea you are really a rocket scientist.
    • Like x 2
  4. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Wait.. This is the best idea I've heard of... Why hasn't anyone brought this up in a week?
    • Like x 3
  5. Maradakia Well-Known Player

My personal #1 hope for DCUO was (and remains) for a Blue lantern styled power for heroes. In theory Blue/Hope could be a healing hero power paired with Orange/Greed exobyte powered villains. While Hope gives, Greed takes. Blue could restore life and strength to fellow heroes, while Orange could sap life from foes taking it for their evil allies, and their personal gain. There need not be a restriction of number of Greed villains just because of number of Orange Lanterns in the books, because we emphatically are *not* actual Lantern heroes or villains. We are exobyte powered cousins to them. Problem solved.

Anyhow... though many people groan at each new pop-up of requests for Blue Light powered Heroes... they all make me happy, because it's proof that this hope lives on, and encourages me that eventually our developers will realize that it's just senseless to refuse to give players something wanted so much by so many, persistently for so long. It seems to me that the benefits of doing this must massively outweigh the effort required to seek solutions to whatever problems and hurdles have been ppresented.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. bmce84 Loyal Player

a week?, dude there's one from Monday.
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

I forums rules allowed it I would instead of the old dead horse gif use one made from the season premier of Walking Dead with Negan killing someone, because that's how it feels every time I see a Blue Lantern thread now.
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

Oh this is from Monday too, sad this is I'm talking about another one.
  9. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Actually this is not true. The Star Sapphires are not villainous and not all are malicious. They are a neutral faction they have both heroes and villains among them and were originally villainous but now are more heroic and in game are more heroic then villainous.

Personally I think they should make Love or Star Sapphire be the healer power for both factions and for males and females and give males finally Iconic Star Sapphire gear either give Heart of the Predator a male option and make it for both genders or give us something akin to John Stewart's Star Sapphire outfit.

I would also be fine if they made a Blue Lantern and Orange Lantern split. I know there would be the issue of Larfleeze not sharing but Lex Luthor was able to steal a ring and maybe they could make a story where Lex steals some of Larfleeze's rings and gives them to the villains under him as a way of deposing Larfleeze not that he would succeed. Just so long as the power is not Indigo as Indigo just doesn't interest me and I will not make another Lantern character if the Healer power is Indigo.
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

WTH is a "Pink Lantern"?
    • Like x 2
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Star Sapphires.
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I think 'Violet' is the color OP was trying to say :p
    • Like x 1
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Anyway, Blue (Peace) Lanterns would have been an excellent Hero equivalent to Red (Rage) but they went with Red for both factions (BOO). Indigo (Compassion) for Hero and Violet (Love) for Villain would have been great Healer choices but as someone already noted the Star Sapphires were not all Villains. And I say Star Sapphires would have been a good choice for Villains because 1. In the comics, the original Star Sapphires discovered the Zamaron Crystals to empower those that had broken hearts and get revenge on those that had wronged them. (Later their goals changed to find those that have lost love to fight against hate and fear.) 2. The embodiment of Love, the entity of Violet Light, is called 'Predator' (sounds Villainy enough). We freed Carol Ferris from it's grasp.
    Orange will never work in game because there can only be 1 Orange Lantern (Larfleeze). Yes others have wielded the power of the Orange Light (like Lex Luthor) but only for a short time because Larfleeze just takes their ring back. Larfleeze does not like to share (that's how Greed works). Anyone else is either an Orange Light Construct controlled by Larfleeze or a reanimated corpse such as Glomulus (also controlled by Larfleeze).
  14. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Actually Blue Lanterns represent Hope not peace which has no emotional color. Next it wouldn't work for Red to be villain only because heroes have wielded Red Light as well and the power is neutral. Likewise the Star Sapphires would not be good as a villain only power because they are neutral and even in game they are mostly heroic. Personally I think that Star Sapphire or Love would be a good power for both heroes and villains as well as males and females and they should finally give us iconic male Star Sapphire gear.

Next I think that Orange could work if you are creative. You could have again as I mentioned that Lex stole some rings from Larfleeze which he did before and is basically making his own team of Orange Lanterns to usurp Larfleeze kind of like how Guy Gardner lead a rebellion of Red Lanterns against Atrocitus.
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

But the point is DCUO is restricted to lore of the DC Universe, they can't just make stuff up.
  16. King Smoker Well-Known Player

the problem is trying to stick to the lore. in the lore the green lanterns get boosted by blue lanterns. an there is a lantern power that does that for the sinestro corp. i would rather them go with the indigo tribe for both factions as the lantern healer or go white lantern and black lanterns.
  17. iClip Committed Player

OMG STOP ASKIG. FOR LANTERN HEALERS!!!!!!!!
  18. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

After water power comes out there will be zero chances of a new power. Why??? do you ask......
    It is because the limitations of the PS3. Until the PS3 is dealt with by either putting that platform on its own server or dumping the system all together. DCUO is dead in the water with one platform ( PS3) holding three platforms ( PC, PS4 & Xbox1 ) back.
  19. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Not getting how the PS3 limits the devs ability to create a new power. Can you explain that please?
  20. Arcee Active Player

I Think they should just open up the Lanern colours, i find over the years yellow lanterns to me are morally better than red so it makes little sense to me to have yellow villain only and red as a both, however green and blue do not go evil either and i dont see pink lanters as evil either just maybe abit lost.
    And as for Black Lanterns you have to be dead so to introduce that power i think players toons should suffer a permanent zombie look while as a Black Lantern then the WT wont be invaded by Black Lanterns :)