Why the limit?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ashtin1979, Oct 18, 2016.

1. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

Why the Mark of victory limit? I would just like to know. Since the changes came while I was away, I was just wondering why they did it.
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

They claim the reason is so that we don't buy all vendor gear on release date.

With the new system being implemented for AF3, I asked Mepps if they could finally raise the cap. His response was "Why? Just spend it!"

So .... yea.
    • Like x 2
  3. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Having a cap on game currencies actually causes a loss of sale of rb's, so I have never understood this.

When Jack hears about this, he will lift the cap so he can try to pinch every penny.

That's not a bad thing, Jack. Call it a win-win.

Yours truly,
    Friday
    • Like x 1
  4. M1 Garand Well-Known Player

Like spend it on what? Catalysts and 5 mark parts for crafting... I stocked with these way over the reasonable amount. No more styles available for me to buy for unlock. Heh.
  5. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

With a limit it's taking forever for me to unlock the styles I need in order to make up for lost time after being gone for two years just about. I only have 93 sp on my main character and 90 on my alternate.
  6. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

That's not the limit, that's overpriced things.

On a side note, I finally finished the Ancient Amazon Noble style. Believe it or not, it was much easier buying the Shoulders compared to waiting for them to drop. That's absolutely ridiculous imo
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

You pays your money's you takes your chances
    • Like x 3
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes. Let's buy a thousand catalysts or some head mod recovery kits for the hell of it, sounds great.
    • Like x 2
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I don't follow advice from a psychopath. Thanks though
    • Like x 4
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So people don't hoard marks and sit for long periods without running content. The Mark limit does not prevent ANYONE from accomplishing whatever goals they're looking to achieve. It's that simple. No one has yet to provide a single VALID reason why the limit NEEDS to be higher...since no single item in the game costs anywhere close to the mark limit (most expensive items are 70 marks).
  11. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

The limit needs to be higher in order to bank more than the limit.

And it seems people would like that. For whatever purposes they have.

And I would ask, "Why does it need to be there?" And I have heard it is to prevent banking them. But then again, why is that necessary. Because it does seems to go against what would be good for all.
  12. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Would be nice to raise it or put the extras in your inventory to use later, but if it was raised then they would have to raise the gear cost to match it.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's not an actual necessity...it's an unnecessary want. Very big difference there....and as I previously stated no one can provide a reason why a higher limit is needed!!!

And exactly HOW is this good for the business??? Or the game overall for that matter??? If people can bank more marks, that means they don't have to log in as often to get marks. That means less players on to run content whether through on-duty queuing or forming groups. Less players playing diminishes other players' desire to log in or spend money on the game. We all lose.
    • Like x 1
  14. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

With a limit they reach and nothing to spend it on, that's when they would put the game down. With no limit, they play as much as they want.

I see it as the game is played to earn marks. If you cap the marks, you cap gameplay. To promote gameplay over time, remove the cap.

Not a higher cap... no cap.

Why would someone who makes a game make it so the game cannot be played as often as someone wants? If a guy plays daily for a month, but has a couple days off and wants to earn a lot of marks with his rb's (irrelevant to have a reason, but if curious, because he has a 2 month overseas vacation planned and wants to have enough marks for when new content comes out upon his return)...

Why limit how many quarters can be put into Donkey Kong?
    • Like x 1
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

It may in fact delay or Stop a person from using replay badges until the next day.
    They're reinstituting use of special currencies.... maximum MoV cap reasoning? Begone! (Villain version of Halloween event) Sorry to the user animals and/or vets that have eaten the content aggressively and have long been sitting on the cap winning instances with no MoV to show for it.
  16. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Had to log in just to like this.
    • Like x 1
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

"on f***ing what is what" I would of replied back with, hell if you have all styles in rare vendor and such marks are useless. because they fail to update those vendors in a timely manor, or add all styles in lockbox to the rare style vendor for 70 marks a pop.
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

A bit harsh, but I can't say I disagree lol
  19. Proxystar #Perception

You'll do as you're told, thank you.
  20. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Well damn, I guess that means ignoring advice from TWO now.