Power Respec Token - A false economy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caesar's Lion, Sep 11, 2016.

1. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

We'll find our sweet spot, sugar.
    • Like x 1
  2. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

My wedding song is T'hat's Where it's At' by Sam Cooke. How bout yours? :)
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Bloguide is not the place i would be going for info. There is a lot of misinfo on there ;)
    • Like x 4
  4. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Agreed...I don't follow it for my main but as a base for new toons it's ok
    • Like x 1
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse
    • Like x 3
  6. Solarverse Committed Player

It's a good place to start though. It's good for basics.
  7. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Haha, brilliant
  8. DarkAya Dedicated Player

LMFAO, hello Devs! anybody home?
    I'm dying to see how they're gonna change elec Dps side, no high hopes here, I lost my faith after Light/Rage update.
    :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  9. Solarverse Committed Player

I prefer Deathklok Murmaider. ;)

10. mtanasas Well-Known Player

my name is van gil, for 2 years ive been electric... my goal is to get strong, but my old ways wasnt enough (255sp, v8 eq mods, v8 base mods, op gear), i had to become something else, i had to become someone else... i became a healer then got tired and made another toon

i made a cele toon... aesthetics babyyyyy :cool:
    • Like x 2
  11. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

'end game electric dps 2016' should be a title...your sig is awesone
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I have 10 power respec tokens in my bank set aside for power nerfs.
  13. Lugo Well-Known Player

i'd really like to hear everyone's opinion on why they think the powers are so obviously imbalanced
    i myself lean more towards the power respect conspiracy, but there have always been a lack of balance i think
    so is it just coincidence that every now and then the top 3 DPS get rotated around? it seems like ice, sorcery and celestial are the goto now, and then every time a new power drops its the best power ever, then it gets kicked to the side of the road
    remember when rage was eating everything? HL has always been good, electricity was once on top, celestial has definitely had its reign
    earth too
    gadgets was a goto for pvp at one point
    why cant dc balance its dps roles? have they ever given a blunt answer?
    • Like x 1
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Oh no, I wasn't specifically targeting you with my response but rather I was just saying I agreed with what Little Sister posted. There are people out there that genuinely believe the developers business model entails messing with the powers to get people to switch. I'm saying that opinion doesn't make any logical sense because of the fact that they'd make more money buffing the least populated powers every month so that there are more opportunities for people to switch. The believe that they don't buff powers because it's in their business model to force people to change is what I'm calling a fallacy.

In your quote above, you include in parentheses about buffs being able to be done in a hotfix, which is not something I'm saying can't be done nor calling a fallacy. It can most definitely be done. Why it hasn't been done is something only those with the knowledge and information can answer.
    • Like x 1
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

So no one is going to comment on the fact that this information is purely based on Aquaman/Broker Blood LEVELING fights? To be perfectly honest if you don't perform similarly with EACH powerset in those fights you are missing a large aspect of that powerset. For Electricity and Nature I am 99% sure you are not using a high damage weapon combo.

I'm not saying imbalance doesn't exist but you shouldn't be able to tell from those missions if you have adequate knowledge of the powerset you are using.
  16. SnowStar Committed Player

I'm lazy, how many nature toons? I'll start with me- 1. How many on census?
  17. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

"...remember when rage was eating everything?" LMAO. THIS JUST MADE MY DAY
  18. Proxystar #Perception

What's Broker Blood? Is that when someone doesn't get that accidentally listed 3k exceptional recovery kit and rages out about it in Trade Chat?
    • Like x 3
  19. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I can't argue with the weapon combo thing. Plus my main is gadgets so there's also an element of me being naturally more adept with mental than most other powers. Weapon combos are a bit allen to me. However, I was trying to come from a new player's perspective. The biggest problem I actually found with electric at that level wasn't so much the damage done by the powers, but the power regen being vastly inferior.
  20. SkullGang Devoted Player

I did my dissertation on Dcuo and how Dominant Strategy influences it. I used several powers that I knew how to use and saw that what is happening at end game is also prevalent levelling up.

Depends on CR, SP etc. We could just do end game with lets say 150 SP+ and 170CR+.

[IMG]

Electricity occasionally swaps places with Rage (cry).