Battle Tanking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nebraxis, Aug 28, 2016.

1. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Why would the tank lose aggro with dps gear on?
    • Like x 1
  2. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Because Atomic is the only real battle tank power.
  3. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Proxy, can't believe u have never seen an atomic tank be second or first in damage in a raid before. I've even managed the feat a few times and I'm only avg. A great dps will normally be 50% ahead of me on my dpank. A leaguemate is always chasing the top spot with his atomic tank (but he is the best dps I've ever played with).

Not sure if he tanks that way in dwfe I've switched shifts at work and never get to play with them anymore.
  4. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Never seen an atomic tank(including myself when I tank) take the top spot.
    • Like x 3
  5. krytine Loyal Player

Ummmmm in full tank at 172 cr I can maintain over 10k might Thiensville with trinkets soders over 13k in full tank gear
  6. Nebraxis Active Player

Don't mean to interrupt your conversion chaps, but could I get some input on the above?
  7. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Do u solo que raids? I do ALL of them. If u read my post ull see I said a great dps will normally be 50 % ahead of me. Their 20 mil to my 10 mil. But the crappy dps that pollute this game make it not that far fetched.
  8. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I think u have it pretty close to being right, before the max hand mod and the AMs it actually took alot of thought of how to dps. There are still little tricks that each power has that ppl use but it has downgraded alot.
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have played all Tank powers and Rage can battle tank but not as effective as an atomic battle tank and here is why...

Atomic Tanks gain the same benefits that a DPS gains with the aura. This means more critical damage and 15% more might. This is why Atomic are the true battle tanks.

My 9K might is not really 9K with the aura, it is around 10K or so. That is DPS area and my damage moves have an increase in crit rate which again DPS type of play style.

Atomic tanks do not need to wear DPS gear to be battle tanks, so they take no defense, health or dom lose that other tanks get. Atomic Tanks are the battle tanks in DCUO simply due to the benefits that aura provides them, not just defensively but also for the damage bonuses they get.
    • Like x 2
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, so sad. You seem very narrow minded. I play with one of the better tanks in the game. His earth tank has solo'ed dwf. Now when he wants to have fun, atomic tank all day. Puts out dps numbers. You understand atomic doesn't need to block right? Are they suppose to just stand there so the dps can kill everything? No. He puts out dps numbers while tanking.

Maybe you've just run with some bad players. I can understand how that could effect your view on battle healing, tanking and trolling. All are viable in all raids. So get used to it.
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

Then Your losing stats from the gear that requires the other role.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Preach it! There will always be dps haters of off roles doing damage.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes but the only stat that has a requirement is dom. Everything else is just what people think. Plus I think there is a cola for that. ;)
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

If you are tanking and using DPS gear you are also losing health and defense, two big stats for tanks.
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Run how you like. It's your game. I am a HUGE supporter or battle builds for off roles. Have been forever. Heck, back in the day trolls did more damage than dps. If you knew what you were doing. Tanks and healers came a bit later. My rule of thumb. If you role/job in the raid is not suffering, then do what you want.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, but more damage equals more healing for atomic.
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

No...more dom equals more healing. Atomic healing is based on 48% of your dom, not your damage. Each time you use an ability you heal for up to 48% of your dom. Not sure where you get more damage = more healing. I know for Celestial battle healer that is true, not tanking from my experience.
  18. Gimpy Loyal Player

Any gear with a role requirement being worn while in the other role provides diddly squat in stats.

I'm not logging in just to look but at 1 time gear for another role would look "greyed" out when looking at Your 'toon.
  19. Delta796th Loyal Player

I don't care if they were full elite gear and max sp...
    If you are topping the charts in at level content, w/ similar level DPS
    then I'm sorry, but those DPS were
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  20. Proxystar #Perception

These people have gotta stop playing with awful DPS.
    • Like x 3