returning player with questions about dps/healing/membership

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by yulingg, Aug 23, 2016.

1. yulingg New Player

I haven't played since sorc was a strong power to play healing/dps wise last year.

What's the current meta class?

Also could players provide links to builds for a returning player?

Stat prioritization as well considering I am one of "those" players when it comes to numbers?

@mapps can you cancel @ any time with the subscription? Had a issue before when I couldn't cancel on time etc.
  2. Delta796th Loyal Player

Here's some basics to get you back into it
    DPS get crits first > Precision. Typical weapon would be 1h (flipslash) or HB (solar flame) NO WM
    (I use Karmic hex comnsumables, but you don't have to. It adds Bad Karma and is a clip)
    Fury
    Offering
    Soul Well
    Circle
    Transmutate
    Shard
    Grand Summoning

Always keep your Fury powered up with Offering. For short fights: Drop SW clipped with KH > Flipslash clip Trans
    Longer Fights or lots of adds: SW Clipped KH > Flipslash clipped Trans > Flipslash clipped Circle clipped KH (for added dots) Flipslash clipped SW (you can have 3 out) Keep Circle up, Offering on Cooldown and Flipslash clip Trans.

Boss Fights: Supply Drop > Grand Summoning then do the above ^^^^^ Watch the numbers fly

Healing: Crits first > Resto
    Watcher
    Ritualistic Word (4 man heal + powers watcher)
    Rejuv (heals you + 1)
    Shard (Burst AOE heal)
    Boon of Souls (4 man shield)
    Circle

You can change out Boon for things like Soul Siphon or add a SC, but again that's what I run and it's always worked for me in all content.
  3. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

I pretty much run the same thing Delta796th runs for sorcery. The differences would be for healz I don't have Shard, I keep Transcendence and on the dps side I don't have grand summoning.

Now Sorcery is still the best healing IMO, but it is not the best for dps. But if you want 1 power for healing and dps, sorcery is a probably the best choice.

4. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Just got a second armory for my main who is sorcery and I just really hate it as a DPS lol. I dont have good gear tho and my SP have not been moved around. I redid her powers but I dont like what im using. I love celestial combo's. I have a Celestial DPS who only uses curse side powers/combo's. Have not tried Healer side. But I would say Celestial DPS is waaaaay more fun than Sorcery but I dont know about raw damage and whats better.

This morning I was going to try another loadout. Soul Syphon to pull enemies in, then drop circle, then use one of the explosive/knockdown moves, then go into a WM or something. Use a melee weapon. Play a really close in fighter. Im content locked from getting DPS gear for my character tho so not really trying.
  5. Delta796th Loyal Player

WM crit is excluded when fury is out. Circle is really only for LONG fights
    It's one of the more active DPS powers, though using weapon attack clips and karmic hexes makes it very fast and fun to use.

Me I couldn't do Celestial, just too darn slow
  6. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

Well I have been every healer powerset and my favorite healer class is definitely Nature. I think overall Nature is the best healing power with Sorcery a close second, however Nature dps is IMO awful, I hate having to DPS with it. Sorcery on the other hand is great IMO. As a Sorcery dps I pretty much use the same loadout as Delta posted previously.

Celestial was just too slow for me and Electricity I'm just personally not a fan of, but again that's just me. Some people swear by Electric and Celestial. It honestly depends on your play style and how much work you want to be doing as a healer.
  7. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

Make sure you have the pet when you play.
  8. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Grand summoning is the best super charge in the game. Fury is considered sorcerys big hit, having 2 out doubled your am damage

9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You must not be dpsing correctly. Dps is only 2nd the earth. A good, I mean very good, gadget or mental can beat both. But with the new head mods and the pending midrange uldate. Sorcery will possibly be the hardest hitting dps paired with earth.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Question on the WM crits and pets. I have seen sorcery and earth using brawling into WM. Both did insane damage. Are we sure it doesn't crit? I am trying to get my hands on some brawlers. The earth guy was even using shards.
  11. Delta796th Loyal Player

Even with these new mods I'd venture to guess Mental (more than Gadgets) as it currently is will still be king.
    I don't think even Grand Summoning can make up that 15-20% lead.

I was sure way back when, but that doesn't mean something has changed...even if it still says WM crit excluded.
    The people I know that curently are using the WM route is to get SC built up faster... But please let me know what you find in testing
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Will do.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I am finding that HB are doing more dmg than 1H flip slash. Flip slash hits harder, but bosses and npc block ALOT. Everytime you get knocked down that's a loss of dps.
  14. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

For the record, I think that Sorcery is a great DPS. I have a Sorcery alt who rocks, but I still think there are couple of better DPS powers out there.
  15. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Of course there are better DPS powers, Rage or Elec for example... great powers
    • Like x 1