Best DPS?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Looting, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Looting New Player

Currently playing as a Tank (atomic) not having fun with it and wanted to try something new for a change.
    I have heard people say Light is better Earth is better ect. Im looking for the best power for DPS possible because i think i would enjoy that better than tanking. any feedback would be great :)
    • Like x 1
  2. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

Frankly I wouldn't look for which powerset hits the hardest. Just because a powerset is more powerful, doesn't mean you will be good with it. I would say watch videos on how each powerset works, and pick one that would fit the way you play the game.

With that said, I personally like Sorcery, Ice, and Gadgets. However that's just my opinion and not everyone will agree with me.
    • Like x 1
  3. Delta796th Loyal Player

Me
    • Like x 2
  4. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Nature is by FAR the hardest hitting power. It's dots are soooo OP + you can spam flip slash while they are running their course. ITS INSANE how POWERFUL NATURE IS!!!!!!
    • Like x 3
  5. Ichiro Loyal Player

Depends on what you want

Ice is good does good damage and you can move while using it. Pros are it does consistent high damage and can keep up with most powers. cons are the power regeneration isn't on par with burst DPS so you gradually lose power if there isn't a troller and if you hit AG more than once per a cycle you can't block protect yourself.

Mental IMO is the best burst power dps right now. the time frame feels faster and the short cut adds to the fun. The cons to this power are all 6 power slots are taken by the same loadout, you are not mobile while using your AM, if the adds die before your burst you don't get the big damage on the board, and the hardest hitting power is only mid range to melee range, to go long range you need a different loadout.

Sorcery or Earth are good at damage but your pet does the majority of the damage. you supplement with weapon combo attacks which is pretty much flip slash just like everyone else. the power regen is bad because the description is bad. you do not get full regen for the next 2 power cast after offering/earth equivalent. You get the best power regen off clipping one power after flip slash which is power regen by less usage and conservation. the major down side to pet powers is waiting for the pet to decide to do a big hit and if the pet is on one target and you are on another then you do very little damage.

Some others that i play that are fun
    Rage
    Munitions
    gadgets
    Quantum

The ones I didn't like are
    nature
    electric
    hard light
    celestial
    fire
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Ice, Mental and Gadgets are top 3 right now.

Sorcery and Earth could potentially be the next Fotm with the Weapons update, but I'm not sure so don't hold me to it.
  7. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ignore the scoreboard and suddenly there isn't a "best"
  9. Lily Natsuki New Player

Atomic is too good
  10. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

11. CassUV Well-Known Player

Mental, Ice and Gadgets.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Maybe your not playing atomic correctly? Just saying, that power is the only tank class that hits as hard as a dps.
  13. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Seriously, it's like melee dps without the squishyness

14. Casey Jones Active Player

says he's playing atomic and then says he wants to try something new for a change, last I checked atomic was the newest latest power power added to the game? lol... but then again I still have yet to fully explore the 2nd tree on my atomic toon -_- however I take it pretty slow since I'm usually playing and working on multiple characters at once

but yeah agree with most of what Ichiro was saying but you know there is way to negate the stationary stuck in place drawback of playing burst powers like gadgets and mental what you can do is cast your three buildup powers from far range then lunge into the mob and then clip the lunge with the mid to close range finisher emp/mass terror its great for pvp can absolutely dominate the 4v4 safehouse arenas with that if you can catch the other team sleeping at the wheel, I mean like I've taken k/d ratio's like 18 / 4 and 15 / 3 before, sometimes if they catch on to what you're doing I get 12 / 5 which isn't exactly terrible either tbh, feels cool knowing you can basically carry the whole team if you have to though

also most ppl don't know this but shield has fastest lunge in the game both in velocity of travel to target and total frames required to execute the move it's great for clipping into finishers with, is proly my main pvp weapon of choice and is why I enjoy playing bombshell wonder woman in legends so much, bombshell catwoman is right up there as well for dmg output but strong catwomen players are quite a bit more common, most of the wonder women I rarely do see are average at best
  15. Delta796th Loyal Player

Not really, Max damage doesn't give you 60% damage modifier in support role it's what 10%? ....(Checking....yup 10% )

So it's maximum possible output is 50% less than that of a DPS doing same exact rotation. That's why I laugh at support res who say they are beating "so called" good DPS.
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

Best DPS-: Rage.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I don't really run with weak dps. And before he left my league snix was doing it. Guess what, there are more than a couple of good dps you run with that play thus game. ;)
  18. Delta796th Loyal Player

Ok, let me rephrase that. Very VERY few can do it...
    You have to concede though , that even those people running in support role (unless decked out in DPS gear ) can do anything close to DPS numbers.

The numbers just cannot add up. You take away the instant 60% damage modifier of max damage and it's not possible. You put a MONSTER hybrid vs a MONSTER true dps and its not mathematically possible for them to even come close.

It's note hate on battle roles, it's cold hard mathematical fact.
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's just it, you don't run in all support gear. That's what people are not understanding. These raids are meant to be beaten at the suggested CR. Notice I say suggested, :). When first out, good players can and do beat these raids. Now the gear you get inflates your numbers to a point where raids feel more like alerts, alerts more like duo, and so on. The mentality of thinking the highest CR of support gear is needed. Yes, it most definitely helps. Needed, no. It just makes things a little easier to pug. I would never do or want someone to mess up an instance trying to scoreboard chase. We do it for fun. Yes I also understand that a good dps will probably not get beaten in this way. It's more of a, you have to see it to believe it, thing.
    • Like x 2
  20. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Oh thank heavens someone gets it.
    halleluyah!
    Preach it!