Mental Power Ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tsuzura, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Tsuzura Well-Known Player

One thing I was thinking of was making Mass Hysteria a bit visually different from Hero and Villain. I remember Dr.Psycho summoning Supergirl, Powergirl, and Wonder Women illusions to fight with and I thought it would be neat if Heroes and Villains became an illusion of their mentor (Since seeing a strong iconic character will help with the terrify effect it gives) with other miniature Heroes and Villains as the small ghost you summon. (Still functions the same, just a visual difference)

Also giving Mental the ability to lay down mines like Gadgets (could be mental mines that explode causing mental damage over time) since they also have invisibility move like Gadgets and as it is now, its pretty much useless.

One unrelated thing I would like to see is Whip and Wand weapons like Catwomen and Zatanna since a handful of NPCs use them as weapons and looks like it can flesh out to a neat moveset.
    • Like x 2
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The mass hysteria idea is decent, but the mental mines, meh. We want SOME differences between gadgets and mental.
    • Like x 4
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Completely agree.

I wish Mass Hysteria just made us into an Astral form version of our toon. The Fury-looking thing is ugly. The technology now exists, as it was used for Atomic.
    • Like x 1
  4. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

I remember someone once having a thread on illusionary form, I remember using it before power revamps yrs back were they removed it, you could become a scientist or citizen. At the time it was part of an available stealth loadout. I think it was once a basic power in the tree during release, beta or alpha.

The Aquaman lvl at the docks has Martian Manhunter turn you into an Atlantean but I think it only provided emotes.

Apart from form, copying weapon, powers and movement could be cool. Possibly also a guising allies ability, possibly having enemies picking up downed allies, or opening some assassinate option upon proximity.

I still think stealth needs a revamp, from powers available, powers that break stealth, cooldown of stealth.
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I like how you're thinking of making mental different from gadgets.

Side note: Does Zatanna use 1 handed? But I would really like to see a whip weapon.
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Mental is already a top dps powerset, and it's similar to gadgets enough.

It doesn't need no mines, this isn't a needed request this is just a feature you want.

If you wanna be gadgets, make DBG happy and buy a respec token.
  7. minuteofdecay Committed Player

The mass hysteria idea is awesome, this is something that they should do.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this is why i've never used the power. it has absolutely nothing to do with my character whatsoever. the idea of a bunch of little "mini me's" is intriguing.

like negative man from the doom patrol or antibody from dp7

[IMG]

personally i would like a little more finesse with my telekinesis. i love tossing ice chunks around. i wish if two were present shooting them with tk would skam them together.
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Yeeeaaars ago you could turn into a citizen.. but i think invisibility was ment for the pvp aspect, when u went civilian form people still knew you were a real player.

i still don't quite get why mental is purple
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

For the longest time, Whisper A'Daire (for some odd reason) had red Mental powers.

Imagine the money they'd make if they just released 1 colour change per powerset on the MP ? Green atomic, red mental, black ice. :eek:
    • Like x 1
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Munitions white
  12. Streven Dedicated Player

I heard Mental needs a nerf. Is that true?

;)
  13. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

I have a thread on Tree Specialization adding effects to powers. I brought up opening up combos, idk whether or not that was ever the plan. In it I also mention 2 power point sink for powers which could add effects, I have another thread still with a 3rd powerpoint customization.

I think many expected a tree expansion by now, unique powers for heros or villains if even only one or two per tree would be really cool.

I like the old Psychic Resonance, the new animation for it became TK Bolt and I think the new AM animation is the old Menace. But the one I recall I think burst encasements behind but near you if you were on the ground.