Sorcery and Earth... just a wishlist

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HymnOfMercy, Jul 19, 2016.

1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

How about this?

2. minuteofdecay Committed Player

for sorcery. ..
    1. Make offering and ritualistic word the same power. You should be able to use any pet in either stance (pets damage or heals or damage absorb go by the players stats not cr).the extra power a 4 person burst heal or a 4 enemy burst damage depending on stance.

2.Make the pet power recharge clippable.

3. Make furys big hit non-missable, I'll bet fury misses an average of 10 times a raid (if not more).

4 give shard its stun back even if it can't stun like harvest. It should work in a duo.
    • Like x 2
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I'm really going to try to write without offending ... because you really do not understand anything of what was said.
    I'm suggesting here you see, if you want I design, suggesting an option for earth!
    I probably understand a lot more power than you ever dreamed understand in his life!
    And is trying to talk to me like I was a beginner ...
    Now if you can not understand the difference between "suggestion," and that "it is currently" ... sorry, but I can not do anything for you ...o_O
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

My Sorcery toon dates from Hands of Fate. Back then, you got laughed at for having Fury out.

Trivia: What was Fury's original skin?
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

Actually, I want Sorcery to have an Advanced Interaction AM centered around either Bad Karma application or by bringing back the Vengeance Aura.
    • Like x 1
  6. Harlequin Devoted Player

So they wade into the thick of battle and kill the enemy by beating on them with their broom? I know! They poke out their eyes with their wands!
  7. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

I largely agree. The good news is healers will get AM damage.
    I'd like pets to scale with Might/Prec

For the second thing I'm not sure its ever gonna be clippable. I remember Tunso being extremely adamant about that and the developers might not change it. Not against the idea, so long as Earth gets the same treatment with Fortify Golem.
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

So you want to go from clipping and moving around to a 1234 power? I don't know why players are trying to rewrite how the pet am work. It's the closest thing to pre-update 36
  9. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Good thing Tunso isn't around anymore. *winking face*
    As a healer getting am damage that's another reason to make 1 power to power all the pets. Does earth only have 1 power to power both pets? And does it do anything else?
    I should be able to run with a weak watcher as a dps if I want to, or a week fury as a healer.
  10. minuteofdecay Committed Player

No I like the pets myself there are some downfalls to it, but also has some advantages the way it is.
    They do need to change the way they scale tho. Needing to get 2 or 3 pieces of gear to increase my damage is garbage.
  11. krytine Loyal Player

Go back to 2010 and 2011
  12. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Fortify Golem powers both Crystal and Brick a provides shielding. Standard function like RW and Offering

I don't think fury gonna be weak in healer role. I could very well be wrong but I think Crystal and Fury will be strong in the respective off role.
  13. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

That's not the goal here ;)

I like the pet AM. I just want pets to buff tray powers to WM level. Id also like pets to have a sustainable form of damage (on their own) so I was suggesting that pets be granted their own weapon based power regeneration, they would just hit for less. Give the pets 3 abilities and buff their weapon attacks. Also seems like they need their defense and health buffed. They're dying too easily even if a healer is healing them.
    Seeing orange yellow and white numbers all in the same range of strength would be nice. And tbh the power back could be extended to like 3 or 4 abilities. Would reduce the strain on solo trolls and make trans clipping more power friendly. Heck I'd extend the power back to any ability used in the power trees.
  14. Serj Committed Player

sorry for the long read...
    posted replies in red and green. red means it's a bad suggestion and green means it's a good one.

on a personal note i think both earth and sorc atleast dmgwise are a tad on the low side if you compare them to stuff like gad... power is definately an issue with both due to the nature of the AM mechanics, leaving fortify golem/offering etc on cooldown is usually not enough to sustain a blue bar unless you pop a soda.
    you end up popping sodas more often than you get power from fortify, the regen needs to get looked at.

imho the weapons pass will determine how well these two powers will work after their midrange pass since the rotations are heavily dependant on weapon usage.
    with that in mind, there should be a point where doing weapon combos(not WM combos) successfully should feel rewarding, and vise versa for WM. i don't think having WM work while having pets out is a good idea at all... both should be on equal grounds in terms of DPS.

on the tanking side like i said in the replies, earth needs more cc.
    making earthen grip a better pull will be nice, like a giant hand or multiple small ones.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

All I'd say is to increase the Power-regen capablities.

Unless you use something like Scissors kick, the power-regen for sorcery/Earth is awful.

Your limited to two powers per cooldown of offering/Fortify golem, every other powerset can use more then two powers at once.

This would make a world of difference for me playing earth/sorcery in solo and duo content.
  16. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Don't want weapon mastery to be better. Only equal to the AM. You misunderstood that which is understandable.
    Weapon Mastery should be a good alternative for both powers.
    I like weapon clipping but I hate the awful might damage. I prefer it over WM, something you shouldn't misconstrue.
    And as seen with numerous abilities in the past updates even in the thread where midrange was announced they said that abilities will be getting buffs. Its not too far of a reach for Sorcery and Earth to receive a buff on a slew of things.

To the pet scalar, I'm only pushing for the might damage to mean something to move away from the pet being too front-loaded. You misunderstood. I don't want the crit window active at all. I even said it should stay disabled. :)
    It would be nice to have might damage abilities buffed even if there is no base damage increase. The pet would grant a buff to tray abilities including SC. That's just an idea though.
    it doesn't necessarily have to be on par with the crit window for WM.
    Have you noticed that all of earth's SC's are really meaningless? Don't you want some variety? Or a shot at some variety?
    And Sorcery's SC's basically don't matter compared to Grand Summoning.

Obviously this is only a wishlist dependent on the weapon update so please don't mistake it for something else

I honestly think might damage should matter more for Sorcery. It just makes sense to me.

Idc about Totem. I think we will never see eye to eye on that lol.
    you could just give Reinforce the full 10% crit chance and make totem spawn at the enemy's with no damage increase.

Are you sure about Debris field having a double tick? Because I've only seen 1 tick even with the PI.
    Don't make sense to have an ability that does Meh damage and it costs 1740 power (roughly scaled to current CR)

As for the finishers, every power got an increase for them. Should happen for Sorc/Earth.
  17. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Let me use two pets if I choose to please.
    • Like x 1
  18. Serj Committed Player

weapon mastery involves weapon combos, there is really no difference between using WM and using weapon combos.
    it should be on par with AM like it was meant to bu things and plans change along the way, can't be helped.
    if we're not going to get crits the only thing left to do is to increase the base damage, there are no other methods of buffing any given power. making the pet give buffs etc is a good idea, i believe it was crimson who mentioned we should be able to choose what kind of dmg the pet does and that's a great idea too.... pets buffing the SC is bad.
    speaking of SC, earth's SC as they are now, have no interaction and any relative relation with the AM whatsoever... so people go with what does dmg with the AM.. the pet. (vacuum bubble, speed drain etc)

debris field does a double tick due to the PI, making reinforce do 10% will make the totem useless, on the other hand quite a few powers are not being used. the power cost needs to get looked at.
    sorc is prec and might even with the current AM meta due to weapon of desitny having might procs.

on the finishers what i meant was that they have a plan for all of them and not what we currently have, i believe it was announced in one of their recent livestreams...(possibly when they introduced DWF but don't quote me on that).

i'd rather have the PI dmg do more and have the pets supplement from it like it is now than to have the pets do all the work for you, including buffing your powers.
    i think it needs to be 50/50, half should be you using whichever method of dealing damage you choose and the other half should be the pet benefiting from chosen method.
  19. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Sorc does better with full precision.
    And yeah it may be intended for Prec/Might but its leaning far more to full prec.

Obviously we don't see eye to and that's alright by me lol. Gave some life to the discussion and a little mini debate. :p
    It shouldn't matter whether the SC has relation to the AM, they are all crap and my OCD kicks in when I'm not using something directly from the powerset lol.
    I really think 50/50 is fine. 60/40 even. That's what I would like to see.. and some sustainability because as mentioned, you suffer on bosses.
    I still stand by granting the pets weapon based power regeneration and decreasing their special ability damage a bit or tweaking the AI.
    You shouldn't need a movement SC to get the most out of them.

I must've missed that livestream cause I heard nothing in relation to finishers.

Meh Mass Detonation Fireburst and Inferno cost even more than that. :p

PI absolutely should matter.

I spoke with Tunso about it and he actually liked the idea of the PI mattering more and the pet being less of a nuke but more of helper.
    he said that making the pet give a buff would be difficult to implement at that time. Whelps he's no longer here so that went out the window :p
    Though I think the update should be more for the player and not for the pet so much as it is currently.
  20. Serj Committed Player

how does sorc lean towards more prec exactly? mind explaining that since they have a might based proc weapon buff(weapon of destiny).
    earth is leaning more towards full prec due to:
    reinforce giving % prec buff
    jackhammer/upheaval combos doing prec dmg

other than that it's good to hear that about tunso and maybe we'll see some last minute changes in the midrange update.