Welcome to the Summer of Wonder!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Communications Manager

This summer in DCUO is about to get hotter than ever. Welcome to the #SummerOfWonder! Beginning today (Wednesday, July 20), we have amazing stuff happening: open episodes, a FREE Wonder Woman emblem, and an awesome RT to share sweepstakes! Before we get into all the details, now’s a perfect time to make sure you’re following us on Twitter, Facebook, and Twitch, so you don’t miss a second of the action.

To truly kick off our #SummerOfWonder, in honor of Wonder Woman’s 75th Anniversary, watch this video:

What else is happening as part of the Summer of Wonder? Well…

[IMG]
    OPEN EPISODES

From July 20 – August 21, 2016, all* DCUO players will be able to experience the content available in Episodes! Whether or not you’re a member, or whether or not you’ve bought the episode, for about one month you’ll be able to play through the content with your fellow heroes (or villains!).

Will you take this opportunity to take on Trigon? Are Batman and Lex Luthor waiting for you in Origin Crisis? In honor of Wonder Woman’s 75th Anniversary, is it time to go through Amazon Fury Part I and II? Learn more about all of the Episodes available here.

What about the loot lockouts?
    Members and/or those who have purchased the episode(s) will have the standard loot lockout times. Those who are not members and have not purchased the episode(s) will have longer loot lockout times.

[IMG]
    WONDER WOMAN EMBLEM

She’s an Amazon, a leader, a mentor, and she’s celebrating a BIG anniversary this year! Celebrate Wonder Woman and all she stands for with the new Wonder Woman emblem, available for FREE to all who log in between July 20 and August 21, 2016!

As a bonus, when you collect the emblem, you’ll get 7.5 Hours of Double XP!

[IMG]
    #SUMMEROFWONDER SWEEPSTAKES

Want a chance at one of TWENTY prize packs? Don’t miss our #SummerOfWonder sweepstakes! We have FIVE Grand Prize packs and FIFTEEN Second Place Prize packs to give away between July 20 – August 3. All you need to do is follow @DCUO and RT the official sweepstakes tweet and you’ll be entered to win:

GRAND PRIZE (5 Available):
    • One (1) Wonder Woman Omnibus Book
    • One (1) Photo Signed by Susan Eisenberg, the voice of Wonder Woman
    • 5000 Daybreak Cash or Loyalty Points
    SECOND PLACE PRIZE (15 Available):
    • One (1) Photo Signed by Susan Eisenberg, the voice of Wonder Woman
    • 2500 Daybreak Cash or Loyalty Points
    Sweepstakes is open to US residents only, age 18 or older. For full legal rules, click here.

Summer is just heating up, and we can’t wait to spend time in game with all of you! In addition to our official social channels, don’t forget to visit our new Update Notes section of the website, which has the official patch notes for all game updates and releases, including the latest Game Update 62.

*Episode content requires a minimum combat rating of 43; you must have the minimum CR required by each episode to play the content. You must have DC Universe Online on PC, PSN, or Xbox One in order to play the game and access add-on episode content.
    • Like x 9
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!!!
  3. DarthJafo Committed Player

One question on the emblem. Does the xp kick in when I get it? Assuming from mail..or when I activate to add it to inventory
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It starts when you consume the item, when the style hits your style tab.
    • Like x 1
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I logged in and out a few times and I haven't gotten the mail with the Wonder Woman symbol.
  6. JeniferAnn New Player

Actually looking forward to the emblem as I am a HUGE Wonder Woman fan and missed out on the other emblems (batman v superman) hope the other emblems become available again as I also love the JLA and would love to see more of the options to theme characters on your favorite heroes in game (I made a bat family inspired character and would like to have the bat emblem to add to her)
  7. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

What are the chest and hand style for female in the image?
  8. Humble New Player

9. Humble New Player

I cried when i Saw the video =((((((((((((((((((((((

JK
  10. aorta1775 New Player

Umm yeah pretty lame really....
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

Angled Flexsuit.
    • Like x 2
  12. DarthJafo Committed Player

Thanks, I'd hoped as much. Also..I presume it's in game correct? So the timer stops if I'm not logged in? Although probably not since kale Krispy counts down if I'm not logged in
  13. MentalMaster New Player

so its been 8hours still cant get online are you guys still down or what? no its not my rig. no i never had this problem before. so whats the deal are you guys still down or what
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All worlds are online. If you're still unable to connect, contact our support team at http://help.daybreakgames.com
  15. MentalMaster New Player

i have been at this for an hour now Mepps i validated my stuff restarded my rig and nothing is working it keeps saying its either in use or i lack the permission to install which is impossible if i had no permission to get online i wouldnt be here so i guess until something gets fixed i have to stop playing DC so thats tons of money down the drain....
  16. MentalMaster New Player

scratch that now its working hm wonder what happened but its working now ^^
  17. ryeencoke New Player

about the emblem. It says 7.5 hours of double xp, is this continuous play or total play? So if I use it and play for an hour then leave for 2 hours...will I have 4.5 hours left of double xp or 6.5 hours left?
  18. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

Here we go again ... you do realize that you have loyal and paying costumers in Europe (hence the servers there) and other parts of the world, too?
    Not the first time you left the international gamers hanging dry!

What are your plans to fix this problem now and in the future?
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Contests where prizes reach a certain dollar limit become unrealistic for us to be able to host internationally. We'll make sure we do some small prizing contests in the future, too.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The double XP counts down only while you are logged in.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.