The forums population

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JeremyRodger, Jul 12, 2016.

1. JeremyRodger Active Player

As long as I've been using the forums I've always wondered 1 thing. Why are people so rude and hostile for no reason? I can understand if you get into am argument with someone, but why start out being that way on a thread? It's happened to me and a lot of other people. I try to advertise my YT to help people with load outs and I have one guy that follows me around and posts negative things on everything I post. Others join in to put me and others down. Can anyone explain why certain people here are so hateful for absolutely no reason?
    • Like x 2
  2. SnowStar Committed Player

I suspect it's the anonymity of the interweave. I try to be nice though
    • Like x 5
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Rude and hostile seems to be the default mode of many posters sadly. :(

Yeah I have a handful of people complain because I post YT videos to try and help out new players.

As for explaining why..... who knows.

Only option I found is just to ignore them and try to focus on those who say "Thank you" when I help them out. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Entrust Committed Player

I'd wager for the same reasons some people go to a show just to heckle the performer: some people are just tools.

However, research has shown that the lack of face-to-face interaction in online forums gives people a sense of anonymity which alows them to express themselves in ways that are more aggressive/hurtfull.
    • Like x 3
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

There's always been a portion of any society that are any of: selfish, antagonistic, rude, angry, pick your adjective. Within online communication fundamentally rude people have carte blanche to abandon any pretense of social niceties when face to face retorts let alone the fear of physical confrontation are removed from the equation.
    • Like x 3
  6. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

People here (a lot) are jaded and bitter. Ignore them. No matter how hard you they try to push your buttons.
    Some naturally are just mean. Some hate the self promotion on YouTube peeps. Some just don't like people in general.
    Never understood it myself lol. But ya know.. that's the nature of the beast lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Rude hostility while being brutally honest and/or sarcastic often results in more "likes."
    • Like x 5
  8. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

What Fatal said too.
    • Like x 1
  9. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

Some people have nothing better to do with their time then be rude and nasty to others. Comes with the territory with multiplayer games and forums.
    • Like x 2
  10. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Because forums are just one person with many sockpuppets.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Depends on the territory...... or the game.

Before DCUO.....
    I played DDO.
    I played LotRO.

And it was not until I played DCUO that I ever met such a hostile crowd.

Heck..... I did not even know what a griefer was in past game.

Took about an hour in DCUO to learn what a griefer was.
    And that was just the tip of the iceberg. :(
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

But......
    what if it is one sockpuppet controlling many persons??? :eek:....... sorry :oops:

;)
  13. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I would say it's more common within the last 5 or 6 years, but I've encountered this kind of attitude and rudeness previously playing other games online. I do find that DCUO tends to be where I see it the most.
  14. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I really cannot stand that you post videos to help new players. Why do new players need to learn anything? The videos provide no real service to anyone. ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Lol, if you think its bad here i highly suggest you don't go to Any other gaming forum, your head might explode.

Though tbh, if you're spamming with links and videos across every thread you can, you have to know that some people might find that needless/annoying, and as an attempt to get 'views' as opposed to trying to help people, i have put more than a few people who do/did that on my iggy list. Food for thought.
    • Like x 3
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

It is funny that people think is bad here. Lol
    • Like x 3
  17. Miserable Dedicated Player

What kind of stupid thread is this? Just play the damn game and stop wasting everyone's time. People these days :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Anything promoting dps and any player bringing up "dpsuo" or calling anyone a "scoreboard chaser" will net them a lot of liked. Rule 1 of the forums is, no matter what is always the dps fault.
    • Like x 1
  19. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

:eek:
    I thought it was the healer's fault!
    Damn you misinformed people! :p

(Before ya snap, it's really just a joke)
    • Like x 2
  20. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I'm sorry you've run into some less than pleasant people, it can suck I know. Hang in there and confront your problem head on if necessary.