Download Update or something like that, please answer

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by TheBadBat, Jul 2, 2016.

1. TheBadBat Well-Known Player

Im playing dcuo a looooong time on my ps3 but today an error comed while I played an d the ps3 go off. Now I opened dcuo again but now its makin a little update but it stucks on 76% . Everytime I reopen it, its the same everything is going well and fast until it reaches 76% then it stops, what can I do, HELP
  2. RGoliath Well-Known Player

Your sig is my answer.

You'll want to submit a ticket, the only thing we can really suggest is uninstalling the entire game and trying again, or hard reset of your console
  3. TheBadBat Well-Known Player

Yeah thanks m8 but can you say(detailed) how this hard reset works on ps3
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

Check your hard drive space as well. I know, with my kid's iPad, if the memory is low it will stop download progress. DCUO is @30 gigs of memory now, if memory serves. *Pun intended*
  5. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

You coul hope that your PS3 is now totally crashed so you have a good reason to get a PS4 ;)

Kidding, currently I'd still miss the PS3. Not for DCUO, but so many games haven't made it to the PS4 yet. There is stilll no tennis on the PS4 - not TopSpin nor VirtuaTennis made a successor game for the PS4 now, and it's nearly 3 years on the market by now....

(Now if there was 100% downward compatibility and I'd replace the remaining PS3s here the next day, instantly. But as of now - no additional bucks for you, Sony....)
    • Like x 1
  6. TheBadBat Well-Known Player

Hahahaahahahah can you help a little i think you can handle this, now i restarted my ps3 and got to the download, now it 84% what can I do to get to 100 (besides the hard reset)
  7. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

You can try to press and hold L1, L2, R1 and R2 when launching, this used to force the game to do a full scan of game files and thus should replace any files damaged by the crash which now may block the download. Worst case however the hard drive got damaged (shouldn't happen, but can). That case the error may just be moving.

If you actually watch the download and get an error saying "unable to download game assets" or something, offering "x - retry", then hit the x key for retry as often as needed. That is a to some extend server sided problem and every x has a chance to take you further in the download until down. The error message may cause the game to crash close while downloading from time to time, just restart and keep retrying. It's stupid and around for 4 month now or something and especially annoying with large downloads, but it works out after some time. Even the green names around here do not have any better advice to deal with that error when ocurring.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheBadBat Well-Known Player

Yeah thanks but the error doesnt come anymore it just stops downloading, you now these white lines under the download big line, they dissappear and back then it wanted to download 154 mb now its 3829 mb , dont know why
  9. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Corrupt files potentially. Did you have the PS3 check your hard drive after the crash or did you skip it?
    • Like x 1
  10. TheBadBat Well-Known Player

Sry but how do I make this hard drive, I only pressed the ps3 on button a little big longer nothing more
  11. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

If crashed, the system usually asks for a "deep system scan" or something when turning back on, Many players skip that with the "o"-button when asked since it can really take some time (up to hours). That scan ususally checks the hard drive.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheBadBat Well-Known Player

After this 3000mb download it actually worked i played but then i realized it was in the wrong language, then i got back changed it and opened the game, now it makes this download again where i get stuck in, now im doing this hard reset
  13. TheBadBat Well-Known Player

I made it, now it is 85% and still dont moves, what now ?
  14. RGoliath Well-Known Player

I found the problem you are on a system with 10 year old hard drive and need to upgrade
  15. montazumas revenge Devoted Player