What kind of advice are we giving new players?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Jun 26, 2016.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OH I know you can hit 30 without them but I was thinking more about what happens after 30. Do all those sides and take a LITTLE more time then and when you hit 30 the marks you have can get your CR up enough so you can be doing T1 and T2 duos and alerts and have immediate access to Kahndaq. Even without the sides do the alerts a couple times and grab the briefings and investigations and no problem hitting 30 without sides but then you can't even do Smallville right away because your CR isn't high enough. The last 2 ALT I created were doing the Oan Alert the same day they hit 30. NOW I realize that the purists will jump in and say "that's not leveling. You finished leveling at 30 Your simply building your CR after that." OKAY FINE you just go right on thinking that way LOL I'd still recommend to any new player to do all the sides for all those Marks and all that free soda.

Remember we have a brand new SODA out there for sale at the on line store and the Justification for it was "its for the premiums and F2P since they don't have a lot of money and need soda to survive" Funny I never buy soda below level thirty and usually wind up selling a whole bunch of it when I hit 30 and start buying Extremes. LOL
  2. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

from briefing exclusive styles to insane amount of SP to enough marks to have a full sidekick and orbital if you want by 30...the reasons go on and on to do all you can as soon as you can as thoroughly as you can,...
    • Like x 1
  3. The Doctor Loyal Player

Tried running Bombshell with my kid's toon today. Apparently "stop meleeing the ******* boss" was too much for the newer players to grasp. Just brutal. Actually had to walk out.
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have done this myself as well.. Not a full set of gear but as many pieces as I could gather and send. As I mentioned, like you, I always have that Vault Jewerly and that alone can cause a drastic rise in CR as soon as a character hits 30.

and Like you I grab all the briefings, investigations and anything else that will get me extra XP and always use that XP BOOSTER they hand us as I get close to 30.. I know some use it early but hey the lower levels go by so fats it seems like a waste. Better to use it later and cut the time to get through those last levels faster. I can normally have an ALT at 30 level while doing the OMAC arc or at worst about the first mission of the Specter Arc and the final Mentor arc that lets us join the JLA is always done after I am already CR 40+.
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I KNOW the feeling. I teamed with a CR 98 a short time ago on the Knights Dome Duo. And I specifically told him "Now after the cut scene we want to pull Jesse away from the Prize. It becomes toxic at that point and will help him to try and kill us. Just follow me."
    Cut Scene ends and I turn and ruin and get back far enough to be out of range.. Turn around .. and there he was standing like a statue in the same spot getting beaten to death. I raced back in to try and help but he was already gone and after a short battle TEAM WIPE. and did he learn ANYTHING from that? Nope we repaired armor and headed back in and .. he did the exact same thing again. and then rage quit.

Makes you wonder.. they do still teach READING in grade school right? :confused:<--- rolls eyes in disgust LOL
    • Like x 2
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i tell all the new players i encounter they can get special auras out of the treasure chests that spawn on strykers island.
  7. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

I was watching someone's stream last night, a 166 Sorcery Healer(streamer) in HHreg with 2 165CR DPS, 3 DPS from 107-130CR, 135CR troll and a 130CR tank. My eyes hurts so much watching it because the 166CR Healer(I think he/she was trying to DPS in heal stance) was "meele-ing" Stompa and Lashina while the tank was busy doing pick ups for the lower CR dps and troll. The 2 165 DPS eventually died from Lashina's reflect due to their Dual Pistol spam.

I commented "how did you get to 166CR" and he said "I leveled up"

At that point I closed the twitch app. SMH

Once these guys are high enough to Q up for the latest content in the game, DWF for example, what are the chances of them completing the raid? Let alone 1st boss completion? This is also why no 1 in their right mind would blind Q into the latest content.
  8. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

The game in its current state you don't need to stress over sp, even marks are next to useless when leveling, the speed that gear turns over you're barely able to save enough marks for one piece before you're nearly endgame.

I don't see any issue with people trying to streamline the 0-30 process, its the 30-160+ process that needs to be nerfed.
  9. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Side missions, investigations, briefings and collections as well as the "alert missions" in total add nearly enough XP to move from scratch to 27 as the main missions do. The point is players can reach 27 "faster" (in terms of content cutting) and skip some of the more tedious story arcs if they go for all XP sources, going level 30 on the mentor missions while skipping Gotham U, OMAC, the final generic arc (Sinestro/Spectre) excpet for the last mission to unlock access to the mentor mission arc. All they need is someone to share the mission with them.

I wouldn't suggest any new players or especially starter in MMOs to do this, however, since they'll get used to content cutting easy enough. But a game that allows for so much content cutting is essentially killing the longevity of its content by its own design.
    • Like x 2
  10. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

one option is to isolate the tiers and make it be like: you made a toon, ok, so you level her/him up to 30 and gain access to t1, now you get a 1 week timer before you can advance to t2. when your in t2 it will be a week before t3 unlocks and so forth. or when you hit top tier cr the timer starts so when you reach t5 at 84 and you get to 103 cr, your timer starts and after a week you can do t6. just an idea so you cant speed level and actually play stuff at level instead of new people just being carried in 5 days flat.

as far as the op, there really is nothing you can do for those that spread false info around and claim it to be true or in their best interests. lack of turtorial is a real killer in this game, hell I didn't know what a troll was at first, I thought a troll was some op guy to help bail us out of inner sanctum lmao. controller = troll duhh :/
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think I've had more success with the XP booster earlier on, personally. Once you get to the Wonder Girl mission and get sent to the Chinatown PD station, you've got the whole area from Chinatown to the downtown area where the Bestiamorphs start showing to run races and find briefings and investigations, not to mention some side missions from the Wonder Woman-mentored starter mission. I usually hit the booster just before I start any searches or races, and if you can get through that quick enough you can end up with some time left on the booster to get boosted XP from the Wonder Girl mission block. Maybe not the whole block of missions, but at least some of them.
  12. minuteofdecay Committed Player

U got lucky, should see them with the black holes.
  13. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Actually ppl asking for clamps are probably better players than u. They actually want a challenge all the time.js.
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Lately I tell them run to the hills. No reason getting into a game that is always kicking you out and not letting you enjoy it. I mean seriously, we have so many game breaking bugs that it sickens me to see this game in the state it is and not really having the man power to correct it. I'm sad that this is what DCUO has become. I enjoy the game plenty but getting kicked constantly is why I no longer recommend this game to anyone and why when I see a new player, I tell them there are MMO out there that do not have this type of issue.
  15. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Yep probably but then at least I got that going for me. You well you got the vote for biggest ******* so you got that going for you, :) Oh and then don't make to much out of the astriks because sometimes an astrik is an astrik ;) js

plenty of words that can fit that, amazing, amateur, angular, agonize. :)
  16. megamanzero Loyal Player

i tell players to be nice to others
    • Like x 1
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes... When it was released we were beating it with groups around 130CR.
  18. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

I do all the side missions, get briefings, investigations and generally tick off as much as possible on the way through the mentor missions. Usually hit level 30 around the omacs mission and have around 40sp. The only thing I spend marks on is the lair rental, getting the first two tiers on all five slots.

Fun fact, doing nothing but getting all the original game open world briefings/investigations, and I do mean nothing, gets you to about level 16 before you take on that first mission......

I have the full 78 rings/neck set on an alt and I have various iconic pieces for most slots in the 52 - 64 item level range in storage. I could transfer to a toon when it hits level 30 and instantly be CR65 but now I actually want to level as slowly as possible and enjoy the damned journey. I was whining that I was only able to keep my atomic toon at tier 2 for two days because of drops but come Water I'm really hopeful I can take my time as the loot picker means there is always an alternative to gear. I'm happy to level up but on my terms only.
  19. Glacial Breeze Well-Known Player

Well good advice would have been "Don't spend your marks on gear early in the game". Get your white mods, Orbital Strike, and Supply Drop. If you run all of the content in your On Duty, you'll get all the gear your little heart desires. But the problem, really lies in the fact that people don't know their AM's, or Role. I am currently trying to undo some of the "CR chase mindset" that a previous league en-grained in a couple of my new recruits in my league as we speak.The player base has digressed pretty bad here of late.
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah but that's a matter of choice for any player. I BUY 2 pieces of gear as soon as I hit 30 level and then start doing solos, duos, alert and raids. Then as the marks fill up again I start to buy all the lair powers and generator mods. The gear drops in the OA duo are great for increasing CR and after I hit CR 70 .. I have had times where I have not spent a single mark on gear until after I have hit CR 100 or longer. Hit CR 70 and do the Gates raid for gear drops, do the Morrow and Siege bot daily bounties for Unattuned gear drops, do the daily solos at ACE and STRYKERS to get access to the solo challenge at both location and get unattuned gear drops that even allow you to pick which piece of gear you want. After hitting CR 83 head to the Wasteland and run the duos ( slot the junk gear (cr 81 or 83) until you can obtain better, do the Raven Bounty and get unattuned CR 85 gear drops. After completing five daily missions from each contact you get the extra boss battle in the DUOS there (Jack, Julius and James) and can grab another 3 pieces of unattuned CR 85 gear and run the Trigon Prison alert for more gear drops. get to CR 99 and start doing the 2 solo challenges where you become Circe or Wonder Woman and get CR 90 gear drops. Next thing you know you are CR 100 and you have not spent a single mark on a piece of gear since you hit 30 level. Oh and after hitting CR 100 you can slot the CR 90 gear that drops from the two duo and do run the Necropolis Raid and Intergang alert and grab even better gear there. At CR 105 you pick up Patrol Catastrophe and every day you can grab another unattuned piece of CR 98 gear. LONG before I get near Gotham Under Siege all lair powers are at tier 3 and all generator slots are filled.