Style Request: Lairs and Halls

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BigAl, Jun 23, 2016.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

The last lair, if I remember correctly, was the sewer. By far, it was the best one in my opinion. The environment animations in it were awesome. I find myself just watching the rising and falling of the lower level's sewage pool.

Are there any more that have been put on the drawing board or just thrown around as ideas in the office? I bet these sold like hot cakes when they first released.

And how about those league halls? I would give anything to put a hall inside a volcano. We've been to the moon and under the sea. Cloud base anyone?

I know its likely on the low end of the list of things, but I hope these things haven't dropped into obscurity and may never surface again.

Thanks for reading.
    • Like x 8
  2. The Mythical Luna Dark Well-Known Player

I agree. It's almost like they don't want our money.
    • Like x 3
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I seriously would love one that doesn't work with the PvP and is quite smaller in size. Heck, maybe even a floor plan like the dive with different designs. The dive lair is actually really good looking. I don't particularly like the classic floor plan.
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I would also like to see new lair themes.

But I'd like to see new lair themes that use different layouts.

The layout they have now works fine and people have done a lot of impressive things with it, but the generic layout limits what can be done, has awkward parts (like the annoying columns) and ugly decorations (like the black grates on the other wise nice flooring of the Penthouse theme).

These identical layouts make purchasing different themes unattractive and pointless at time, because several of them are far too similar.
    • Like x 1
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Give me a League Hall based on the Energy Conversion Chamber layout where New Genesis Now concludes and I'll pay a good chunk of $$ for it. Something like that is easily worth $20 of my money.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I wish they could be really kind and say re use the atlantean instance (recolor the walls maybe or just leave as is but take out the base items in there.... while keeping the nice entrance of the front door water) or even a nice reuse of the penthouse that exists in Brothers in Arms minus the base items... maybe a slight re color if they feel folks need it to be "different".
    • Like x 2
  7. Knightmare Active Player

I would still love the option to put our league hall in / adjacent to existing sprawling maps that are already in game. My tried and true example, which Mepps actually responded to, was the moon base league hall being tied to the Hive moon base map and interactive content spawning there. As I recall Mepps said it was an intriguing idea but lairs and halls were not very modular so it would be a difficult integration. I guess I dream too much ......
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Same

Even just the assets from them to make new spaces. Like how they took assets from STAR Labs to create the new map in the new Alert.

My dream for lairs is one which includes vistas and those vistas in the Atlantean map, overlooking the ocean floor are so nice. Sigh, maybe one day :(
  9. The Mythical Luna Dark Well-Known Player

I believe the only way to get new lair layouts would be to get rid of the PvP Lair Battles.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

League hall styles I assume take a massive amount of work. And since they cover a wide range of players. I can see new ones bringing in very little income.

New lairs are the same way to a certain extent because they dont sell as high as people think due to people who either dont like the style or who are completely fine with their base the way it is. And there are certain people who just are too lazy to re-decorate.

If anything I would like them to add new purchasable expansions for your base like up to 5 -10 extra rooms( these rooms would be locked out of pvp lair battles of course), and they could charge 2$ per additional room.

However once again that idea would take a considerable amount of time to implement as well.
    • Like x 1
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

Mepps already said it's not going to happen, lair styles take effort just like making a new map for content, and content impact the players a lot more than the lairs. If they choose to make the lair styles instead of the new maps, we would pretty much stay a long time without any new map in the monthly schedule. And lair themes affect the players less than new styles, i don't think it's smart to make new lairs, in matter of money and new content quality.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

No, because you can have the dive lair. What happens is you just can't PvP Lair Battles unless you switch or have a second lair with the classic one.
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

I would like to just have the ability to purchase different views from our league hall windows. Don't even have to change the layout or interior design. I would pay cash for a scene Similar to the one out the window in hh
  14. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Wait, you said HH? Hall of Hades? The Hall of Hades?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Here's my money, keep talking!
  15. The Anxient Loyal Player

That's one would be really cool as well. Just thought of another one! The area around the last boss fight of trigon's prison!
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Bases were probably the best thing this game had next to player customization, lets face it.. The content gets old but i used to spend hours apon hours decorating my base, grinding to get money to buy an item from the broker, re arranging items... Major waste of a opportunity to get money from players like me who's love of video games spawned from games like the sims
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I've said it before I'll say it again. Astral/Shadowlands base theme please. Along with an Astral/Shadowlands themed base item pack for MP. I'd happily buy.
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Also a Mausoleum themed base, that looks like the first part of Trigons Prison. Halloween 2016?
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

Yeah. Even better, they could even use assets already in game. Example-character select screen. Use any one of those backdrops as a window view.