CC Bounties

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Johnny0276, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

Anyone know if the spawn rates have improved since the update? I had not run bounties in quite some time. I asked in a shout in Central City but got nothing but radio silence. Seemed to be every man for himself in regards to bounties.

I was like, you know what that's all right. I can play that way too. It still seemed to take quite awhile for one of the villains to show. I wasn't keeping track of time but I was surprised to find Zoom first. Usually it's always been Abra Kadabra I would run into first.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The ones in central city have a ridiculous spawn timer. Pretty much the reason why I don't do them. Would also help if we could replay them. I'd farm the ones out in Gotham and metro all day.
    • Like x 1
  3. Entrust Committed Player

Isn't the CC Bounty spawn increas a part of GU61, which is only on the test servers?

I didn't see that GU61 was live yet.
    • Like x 2
  4. Controller Devoted Player

I learned just this weekend on Saturday that there are some players that STILL do the bounties.

Abra spawned and I nuked him. Evidently, several other players were waiting for him as well and I had NO idea. I felt bad afterwards and then remembered that back in the day a few years ago we notified each other via SHOUT channel when a bounty appeared.

I got back to shouting when a bounty appeared on yesterday and will continue to do so.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Gu61 hasnt gone live yet :confused:
    • Like x 1
  6. metalfenix Committed Player

Pretty much this. This fix is IN GU 61, and it's still on test server.
    • Like x 1
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Heck yes there are players still doing bounties I DO THEM daily. I have one ALT with 500 defeated. an alt with 250 he defeated himself and then I used ONE replay to get that last feat for 500.. I'm sorry but I was not about to spend another 25+ days running those things for 10 FEAT points. LO I currently have a CR 102 Fire DPS/TANK that is working on the 100 defeat and I started back when that one was CR 92.

Now before Mepps let us in on the fact that "Skill points will matter again" I had my Atomic Tank/DPS out there working on 500 and I was a very lonely TANK because NO one gave a crap and I had them all to myself. Now.. Still no 5-8 man teams forming like we did years ago but there are more players actively involved in bounty hunting.

To answer the OPs question.. Enthrust is correct. The new spawn rates do NOT go into effect until GU 61 goes live and it is still on test. Figure at least another week before it is live.
    • Like x 1
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

On the test server and scheduled for GU61, the spawn timers of NPCs in Metropolis and Gotham have been dramatically increased. 1-2 minutes is all they take to respawn now.

Unfortunately, the Central City bounties themselves (Flash/Black Lightning & Abra Kadabra/Professor Zoom) are all still taking forever to work.

4 testers (including myself) have confirmed this to be the case and have documented it in this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/lightning-strikes-bounties.275413/

Hopefully they will address our feedback before it goes live or confirm it for a later fix :)
    • Like x 1
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The worst part about the spawns in CC is there is NO schedule set so that if ABRA spawns and is defeated then ZOOM will automatically spawn next. I hooked up with a couple guys in there hunting ZOOM since he was the last Bounty we all needed for the day. Zoom finally spawned and we took him down .. while we were waiting I discovered those two had been in zone for over an hour because Abra had spawned three straight times.

Yeah I have never understood WHY they don't allow replays on them either. I cant even recall when I started hunting them with my Atomic but I was over CR 150 but the time I finished. 9 a day MAX = 56 straight days hunting to get that last feat. As we ALL know there are players that went from Brainiac's ship to CR 160+ in less time than that.

NOW I have had one of our lovely elitists that adamantly disagreed with selling REPLAYS because back in the old days when HE did that you did your nine a day and then walked to and from school up hill through the snow in your bare feet. :rolleyes:

Sure if we could use replays people wouldn't need to spend almost 2 months getting the feat but they'd still have to defeat the exact same number of rogues and after defeating the 7 in Gotham and Metropolis they'd still need to travel BACK to CC to BUY a replay for each bounty.. Oh and when he was all done he told me to get the hell off his lawn LOL
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hey Tork I checked out your recommendation and I HOPE someone pays attention.

From what I understand, and keep in mind this is from threads here NOT anything official, the big problem in Central City itself is the way they have the spawns set up... All the others are just on a timer so Defeat on and after X amount of time POOF the reappear.

SUPPOSEDLY they have Zoom and Abra somehow linked to closing and opening time gaps up on the bridge. If a team hits the bridge and shuts down a gap... it spawns one of the two And the guy that was telling us all this also said depending on WHICH of the two gaps you sealed determined if ZOOM or Abra spawned which would account for why at times you can have three spawns of say ABRA in a row. NOW I have been on a team or two over the past few months that did attack and close gaps and either it was a very BIG coincidence or the guy here was correct because very shortly after that we were battling either Zoom or Abra.

The guy went on to say that if no one closes a portal the game is set up to close one itself automatically but that only occurs about once every thirty minutes..... And TRUST me I have spent thirty minutes wandering CC before a spawn appeared so THAt may also be true.

You might want to suggest doing away with THAT system and just having them spawn on a timer JUST like the other 7 do. Oh and PLEASE GOD have them set up a schedule so if some one defeats Zoom .. 1-2 minutes later Abra spawns so we can get them all easier. THAT is the other problem those two SHARE the exact same spawning points so ONLY one can ever be up at a time. Now I can understand that its a small zone and they don't want them both up and attacking players at the same time. But they need to spawn faster and rotate so no one needs to sit forever waiting on one or the other.

Throw in a comment about REPLAYS lol
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

Weather Wizard respawned in about 10 minutes yesterday on live.

That's a great tip, and should be pretty easy to verify!
  12. L T Devoted Player

I just closed the same kind of speed force rupture 3 times, and two times out of 3 zoom appeared less than a minute later. I'm thinking that third time he appeared, but someone killed him before I found him.
  13. Kzinti Committed Player

A leaguemate also told me about Closing the large ruptures on the bridge before the Abra and Zoom will spawn.
    Seems silly the tie the bounties to closing the large rupture
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

That sounds pretty close to what I see out there as well.. problem is they all have 4 or 5 (Or?) spawn points and you can never be sure if someone else isn't hunting too and defeated them before you got there. I have had times where I've spent 20 minutes or more hunting down one .. AT that point I'm pretty sure some one else got to him before I did.

There is another small problem players can run into... HOLIDAY events! Any time those start up and it seems like every other corner has some rezzed and waiting to be attacked for Holiday cash the bounties can get displaced a bit and you'll find them wandering in spots they usually do NOT spawn in. Along those same lines in GOTHAM there is a spot where Boomerang spawns that is also a spawn points for demons associated with one of the Doctor Fate Operations. This one is slightly different though I have actually found and defeated Captain Boomerang while he was standing in the middle of a host of evil demons.. which of course means you have to defeat the demons to stay alive as well.
    • Like x 1
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay so I went on test and the GOOD news is when GU 61 hits it will only take a minute or so for a new spawn to arrive when a CC Bounty is defeated.

Just to give you an idea:

Boomerang defeated at 3:14 Respawned and defeated again at 3:15

Pied Piper defeated at 3:18 Respawned and defeated again at 2:22

Trickster defeated at 3:24 Respawned and defeated again at 3:26

Heatwave defeated at 3:27

That was a grand total of 13 minutes to locate and defeat all 4 bounties.. and keep in mind I didn't star LOOKING for the next bounty until I had defeated the one I had just located TWICE.

Now the Metropolis side proved a bit more difficult I defeated Weather Wizard at 11:13 (did the two cities at different times in case your wondering about the times LOL) found him and defeated him again at 11:22 but he spawned in a spot he usually does not appear in so it took a while to find him.. He may have been up and available before that.

The Top 11:25 defeat number 1 and 11:27 for defeat 2

and Captain Cold I found at 11:33 and defeated and then again at 11:40 So altogether I spent 17 minutes in Metropolis and defeated each of the three located there twice.

The problem that still exists is Central City It looked encouraging at first I defeated Zoom and then found and defeated Abra 3 minutes later and then ZOOM appeared again and I defeated him 8 minutes after ABRA. ALL good times for CC but then it fell apart..... 42 minutes later I still had NOT seen another Bounty and it was not because anyone else was getting them first..... I WAS the only player in the entire zone. I even went and took out a time portal on the bridge and nothing. It is all being reported to the Devs and hopefully they can work out all the kinks before it goes live.
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

SO okay the REALLY GOOD NEWS is GU 61 hits tomorrow so after that it should be a whole lot easier to find at the very least the 7 rogues in Metro and Gotham. Hopefully they take all the hints and do SOMETHING about Central City eventually.. I am not certain anything was done there since last night so it is still messy. What I normally do is grab the Bounties and go defeat either Zoom or Abra. Then I head out and defeat the other 7 before heading BACK to CC and hopefully I manage to find the OTHER spawn there and DONE. If not I stop back later and can usually get that last one before the day is through.

So after the unload we get the Summer event, a 4th color for our outfits and reduced spawn times for the rogues. NOT bad not bad at all ;)
  17. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

The bad news is that nothing was done to improve the bounty respawn rate in Central City, regardless of all the tests that showed it is still a problem. Waits of 20+ minutes will still be a possibility. :(
  18. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

a feat I will never get...ugh...
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I can get taxing at times but it really isn't so bad. And with the new spawn rates in affect is should be a lot faster. Back when My Atomic alt di it there were times you could spend 20 minutes trying to find a single bounty and getting all 9 could take up to 90 minutes depending on how many you had to wait on to spawn But now? You could actually watch another player defeat say Capt Boomerang and 2 minutes later you could be defeating him yourself. The time to complete daily should be a lot less.. The two located in central City are unfortunately still messed up but you can always just do 7 a day and probably be finished in a half an hour or less. Heck on test I defeated every Rogue available in Gotham in 13 minutes and that included finding and defeating most of them twice.. You only need to defeat ONE a day so ^ maybe 7 minutes? With some luck its possible you cold have all 7 outside of CC in 15 minutes or so.
  20. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

My bad. Just read it now. When I originally wrote this, I thought spawn rates for cc bounties had already been implemented in a prior update.