Couple of Questions about Fire..

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SigmaAtom, Jun 21, 2016.

1. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi guys

Just want to ask any knowledgeable Fire players couple of questions..

1. What is the name of the mechanic that makes a whoosh fires a small fireball, then ends your AM and steals pretty much all your power?*

2. Fire group healing; back in 2012 there was .. im guessing glitch.. idk*, I wasn't a Fire player back then. Since then I've leveled a Fire alt (XgmaAtom; this year) I was captivated by the idea of group healing inside Inferno. but it seems I was mistaken. So what does Immolation do? .. does it provide control immunity or damage mitigation?

I was very enthused about leveling a Fire alt thinking* about having high SP + group healing, but it seems no joy.

regardless,

have a great and bizarre day!

SigmaAtom

*I have been calling it 'blowout'
    *group members were healed a little and given a few ticks of power (tiny amount of power)
    *captivated by the thought of healing the frontline with high SP.
  2. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

1) Are you asking as the caster of this power or as the opponent (say in PvP) who has lost their AM/power because of this attack from a Fire player? Regardless, the answer is that there is no such mechanic/power.

What I think you're asking is "Why is there a flash of fire after I make an attack but my power stops regenerating?" The answer to that question is that you lost Thermal Absorption (power regen) and Volatility (damage boost) by not hitting any enemies within 6 seconds of your last attack. The flash means you hit a burning enemy with Fireburst, Mass Det or Flame Cascade... manually activating Volatility but not Thermal Absorption. You need to cast Burning Determination (or Absorb Heat, technically, but no Fire DPS does that anymore) whenever you see the blue flame on your head disappear. That will reapply Thermal Absorption and you will start getting power back again.

2) Anyone who has immolation on them will impart a burning DOT upon anything attacks them. The only question I have about Immolation from Inferno is: who gets credit for these DOTs: the person who casts Inferno or the players who have Immolation on them? That is something I've never taken the time to figure out.
    • Like x 1
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I think there's a bug with fire burst that causes it to not Regeneration power unless you hit the target you were locked on. And since there is also a bug that prevents fireburst from acquiring a new target after you begin the cast, it happens quite frequently.
    • Like x 1
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Not a bug. The AM requires you to hit a target to keep it active.
    • Like x 1
  5. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

So long as Fireburst hits a target, you'll get power regen. If Fireburst executes and targets are out of range, or you do not have line-of-sight, you will not get the power regen.

As for the locked target, it's not a bug. Unfortunately, when we addressed this behavior during the testing phase of Fire's last AM revamp, a dev said that it's the way Fireburst and Mass Det are supposed to function. To attempt a change to that behavior would require a complete overhaul of Fire, which they said would not be feasible.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

But it should keep going after you hit ANY target, not necessarily the one you initially aimed at. It's supposed to be mobile and fluid. If you aim at a target and that target dies, you should be able to switch to a new target and keep the AM going.

Since Fire does not, in fact, work this way, it seems like a bug.

Yeah I remember this from testing.

Translation: It's a bug, but it's a hard to fix bug, so we're just gonna go ahead and say it works as designed.
    • Like x 1
  7. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

If your tanked and you give everyone immolation I think they heal any time they beat on stuff that is on fire?? Maybe its the tank weapon buff that grants that ability, inferno or immolation would just be the way to set everything on fire lol. Not a fire expert hehe. I play my fire tank with dps gear.

Whatever the case I can tell you the healing from it will suck and not make you the healer of the group lol. Healing based on damage you dish out is a very idea all around. Stuff dies to quickly, the heals are to low. You as a fire tank need it just to help stay alive though along with your 50 other healing powers lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Thanks for all the answers guys!

Jim.. I use burning determination then spam flame cascade, to my untrained (to fire) eyes, seems it randomly gives a flash, stops my AM and steals anywhere from 1/3 to all most all of my power.

H2H, its happening on the dummy. :/

it has an effect: a flash.

erm Im willing to re-test as im just about to log on.

IGN, ill test that too thanks! :)
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Yes to hit A Target. But if the target you have locked dies but you still Hitt others, you don't get power back.
    • Like x 1
  10. SigmaAtom Committed Player

re-tested guys

a *much* reduced frequency of 'flashes' after the recent update. very glad to see that. 2 hours of testing and only one flash.

IGN.. I did Wayward with a group of understanding peeps, result: sadly, they reported they got no heals from me in tank stance.

I know 'burst powers' are suffering from UP just now, an update might be along soon, we hope. to any devs reading this; please make Inferno a group AOE heal (within the inferno) for DPS and Tank. Modding and high SP'ing resto as a second stat would be 'smoking' for Fire!

Thank again for all your answers guys.