Test Discussion Episode 25: "Iceberg Lounge" solo feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Stop talking about DWF and stick to the solo please.
    • Like x 5
  2. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Its the nature of the beast (no pun intended). While many enjoy monthly content cycles I see this pattern where people take 2 weeks off. Some may argue that we had the same thing happen at the end of the 3 month-ish cycle as well. But taking off even 4 weeks at a time ends up being 16 weeks downtime per year compared to 26 weeks give or take a few now. A point you are missing is you want testing to change but in reality most testing feedback is ignored. If its a bug report it gets looked at but most comments on difficulty aren't being acknowledged unless its to say "working as intended". Testing now is finding bugs. So running content across all powersets is pointless on a few different fronts. 1. People who are nature and electric don't dps raids. 2. If we tune raids to weak dps then strong dps just kill more. You need to start a "dps balancing sucks" thread because most of your problems start there.
  3. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

I have found it impossible to win a dance-off to get the "Life of the Party" feat. I keep selecting the disco ball, I dance, then nothing. We're talking over 25 attempts thus far.

Name: Melting Point
    Faction: Hero
    Sex: Female
    Personality: Flirty

edit: I just went to the preview stream and noticed a Dance Challenger is supposed to be among the dancers. However on the current Test build he isn't there.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

There is a 2nd dance off. U get either that or the photographer. U need to leave and requeue til u get the 1 u need. That is what i did last night to get the feat. I also needed the dance off as the last 1. The 2nd dance off or photo guy are in the same place. U get 1 or the other.

Idk if anyone said this, but no new base items dropping anywhere.
    • Like x 1
  5. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I ran Iceberg a couple of times -- 166 cr HL to match my main on live -- and had no trouble the first time. Challenging and fun, but well suited for casual play. Harley's voice is hideous, but well...

The second run was a bit different as I got one-shotted by the little pengbots about four or five times and had to keep coming back for another try. They wander everywhere and can't be targeted. What I found was that even when I avoided them, one of Penguin's regular attacks can just blow you backwards and usually right next to an exploding pengbot. Boom and it's over. Would be helpful if we could target the little guys like we can in the t2 Subway solo...

Oh, and loot drops look terrible, as I expected for a solo. Got a blue mask in the first run, 142 greens for everything else.
  6. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Thanks. It took 15 tries but the Dance Challenger finally showed up.
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I had similar.
  8. Stilway Well-Known Player

I ran the solo 6 times (2 tank powers, 2 troller powers and 2 healer power sets) each with a different power here are my results.

For all 6 runs I used a character with 138 skill points. My might was 11,649 and my precision was at 3,811. Since you can get in to the instance at 158cr and the suggested is 166cr I figured I'd run it a little under suggested. So I went in at 163cr.

Earth- took 14 minutes I died 4 times because of the little penguins in the final fight. After zooming out my camera I was able to avoid them and defeated penguin without much struggle. Kind of just ran around the room and let crystal kill him.

Ice- took 9 minutes. I never died and had no issues with the bosses. This was my easiest and fastest run.

Hard Light- took 10 minutes. No deaths no issues.

Munitions- took 9 minutes. No deaths no real issues other then needing to use a soda a few times. Still a fast run overall.

Celestial- 14 minutes. I died 2 times while fighting penguin because of the little penguins in the room. With this fight I found it hard to cast my powers before one of those little guys got close to me. Not till I changed my loadout to the faster combos was I able to finish penguin. Also ran into some power issues and need several sodas.

Electricity- This was hands down the toughest run of them all at 18 minutes. I dead 4 times total, 2 times just on the adds alone because I couldn't kill them as fast as they were hitting me. I also died 2 times trying to beat penguin for the same reason. This is also the only run where I had to use multiple sodas as well as the health barrels in the room in order to stay in the fight.

I also made sure to keep each run consistent. For all 6 runs I never used any supply drops, trinkets, sidekicks, back-up or enhancing sodas. I kept my stats the same and used the same character for ever run only thing different was the power type.

Overall: I think this is a GREAT solo that is for everyone. You can have fun with this instance. I know I'll be running and farming all my alts through this instance for sure. I especially love the drop rates in here 5 out of the 12 total drops were 149cr pieces. Finally something worth using my replay badges on! :)
    • Like x 5
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

Good solo, great for leveling alts, only issue I ran into was Pengbot, first I believe he should recover his health after going 2.5, second I was able to attack him as he was coming down but still had his shield up, which made me kill him faster, but it made the second bug, after the fight and through the end I had the Defeat Pengbot 2.5 message on the screen. Other than that I found no issues, and even got a precision 8.3 mod. So yeah great solo to level up alts and farming things like scraps (for anyone who still does that), plans and generator mods, great job devs.
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

That Fish tank with the Penguins would make a neat wall decor.
    • Like x 3
  11. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Ran this twice both times with earth once at 167 once at 168, neither time was over hard. I liked it, the new place, the adds, nothing that would not make me want to replay it if for nothing more that Drenzuim scraps. But overall it has a good feel, I don't care for the ending, but I just kind of thought if nothing else my character should have been in the cutscene wrapped in her vines.
    • Like x 2
  12. SheerFaith Committed Player

I like this solo..pretty nice map..could be a bit harder..but o.k..
    Time to level my alts up..
  13. TLantern Developer

Hey everyone, I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the feedback. Sorry I have been silent on this until now, but I assure you we've been reading all the feedback.

Thanks again for playing on PC Test!
    • Like x 2
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Can you sell that item?
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

I just asked him over ts, hes my league mate. He said he isnt sure because he didnt try. He collected it right away w/out looking.
    • Like x 1
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Actually i need 1 piece to finish it on test and was heading over there later tonight to test some stuff. I will run the solo and hopefully get the piece. If i do ill find out whether u can trade/sell it.
    • Like x 1
  17. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

I just completed the collection. It can't be sold through a vendor but it can traded, so buying/selling it on the broker is an option.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.