What do you buy from the marketplace?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by L T, Jun 14, 2016.

1. L T Devoted Player

I see a lot of threads saying that the marketplace is under-utilized. That might be true, but it made me wonder, what DO people buy from there (if anything).

I've only bought replay badges once. Generally I only use those for feat sharing.
    I've bought a couple of legends, mostly when they were on sale.
    I've bought a bunch of extra character slots, and all the bank and inventory slots I could.

What other things are popular? What things have you gone a purchased station cash in order to buy from the marketplace?
  2. Tanksblaze Well-Known Player

bank slots
    inventory slot
    armories
    and forgot the rest its been so long.
  3. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I have bought (over the 4+ years I've been playing) the splendid wings, runed gargoyle wings, butterfly wings (that was a whim), the pterosaur trinket, the gorilla trinket, some legends toons (when they were on sale), one of the bird heads, and the boar head and the rhino head...

I occasionaly by replays, bank and inventory slots, and recovery kits but I try to use loyalty points for those whenever possible

Edit: I forgot armories
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

I have never purchased SC/DBC and I never will. When I did buy from the MP, I used the stipend I got from being a member. If you want to know what I have purchased, though, I'll tell you.

- seasonal auras
    - TRKs (once and no more)
    - the teleporter
    - armories
    - radar enhancers/r&d scanners before I finished my maps
    - respec tokens
    - runed gargoyle wings (thought they would work for a concept but they didn't)
    - inventory/bank space

Nothing else has ever grabbed my attention enough to get me to spend even my "free" currency.
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

Firstvand foremost, cosmetics. That's what EVERYONE wants. We've had the sane exact stuff on there since I started in 2012 -.-

Replays, Total Recover Kits, Extra Bank Space, Power Respecs are the big four people purchase.

Maybe Escro tokens? I don't know anyone that's Premium.

I've bought most everything aside from the Boxing Gloves and the Chrome, Sequin, Glowing outfits. All those outfits are horrid choices.
  6. KidPhillip Well-Known Player

Oddly enough the first thing I bought was the helicopter toy trinket (that was before I took the game seriously) and had money to blow off.

Now I buy armories mostly, and maybe some base things.

I have bought atleast 4 regular/slim auras though.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Amenities
    Teleporter
    Shared Bank Slots
    Armories...... LOTs of them.
    Batman Cowl
    Batman Base Items
    Flash Base items
    and probably more. ;) ;)
  8. SheerFaith Committed Player

Nothing anymore!
    • Like x 3
  9. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Base amenities and armories

When there's a sale: auras, legends characters, some styles that suit my character concepts, base themes

Used to buy Booster Bundles when they were better - now I just don't think they're worth it.
  10. L T Devoted Player

I actually bought one of those once, on sale. I felt like it was overpriced (and I bought it on sale). I probably wouldn't purchase one again.

I always thought that the styles were king of goofy. Most of them, anyway.
    • Like x 1
  11. BigAl Devoted Player

A good handful of styles. Teleporter. Armories. Replays. Power respec tokens. Base items (packs). Booster Bundles (surprisingly for the extras and not the auras). The broker ammenity, cause I just can't seem to finish the collection. And a few of the cool trinkets (love the ape for trolling the duelers outside LBPD).

Basically, anything I please. :cool:
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

List of what I have bought from the MP

• All base amenity items
    • Replay Badgets for Feat buying (not for replaying content)
    • Booster Bundles usually 4 or 6 per a cycle
    • Weapon Styles
    • Auras
    • Styles
    • Total Recovery Kits
    • Legend Characters
    • Respect Tokens (Size, Name, Power, Movement)
    I think that covers most of it.
  13. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

^This guy gets it.

After replays there is nothing to get. The Batman cowl is $15 too high (really $18), The styles where cool for a week but they gave up too quickly on them (or too lazy to work on more).

They don't add stuff people actually wants but what they think they want and say they hear us but not really hear us.(if that makes sense)

Replays is their only selling point and booster packs for aura's which could be sold alone (but people are buy them so no issues with that)

The MP could and should be so much better but they either don't know what to do, how to do it, or don't have permission to do it....and I think it is they do not have permission to do it in most cases.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Well my list goes a little like this:
    • Replay Badgets for Feat buying (not for replaying content) for 10 total characters for both PS and XBox over 5 year span = $150
    • Booster Bundles usually 1 = $10
    • Weapon Styles Gadgets and Rage PS4 when they were released = $10
    • Legend Characters Supergirl when Bombshells came out and Wonder Girl for Xbox 1= $20
    If they added hair and style you actually see in the comics over the years they might make money but you know "they don't sale" well its becasue you haven't put anything worth selling to many people.
    • Like x 1
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yet ppl spend 10$ to throw barrels at other players ;)
  16. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I really don't get that one....Things like that in most game would be like $2 or given away free or earned some how. $10 is way too much to be used like 3 days and the regret your spending decision.
    • Like x 1
  17. Veritasum Loyal Player

What haven't I bought from the marketplace?? :oops:
    • Like x 1
  18. Caroline Dedicated Player

I have all of the styles, amenities, toys and lair types. I also bought several Aquariums years ago.

I often buy SC and I usually spend it on replay badges or BB's.
  19. bmce84 Loyal Player

besides replay badges (not that much nowdays), base stuff, but even so i already have all the packs sold from playing, i would just like new unique items to make it worth buying it.
  20. Jcal Dedicated Player

To many things to list, ranging from most of the MP categories. Even DLCs, which I purchased long ago before subscribing.

What I have never purchased is Replay Badges, Total Recovery Kits, Booster Bundles and more or less the general items found in the "Supplies" category. I would never purchase items (excluding styles) that can't be obtained in game or anything that I feel is a shortcut item.

Of course, with gear & style unlocking, a new market is being created for RB. One that is much more attractive to players like myself.