Feeling frustrated with DWF due to ppl lack of skills?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUODPS, Jun 12, 2016.

1. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

I'm only 160 heal and 158 troll. I'm a long time player and have 220+ SP but since the devs made everything about CR I have to wait to be invited.

You can add me in game though. PS4 ThePhilosophy
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

Just wait until the CR difference improves some of that "skill".
    • Like x 1
  3. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

I agree in the sense that too many people have rushed to end game and have no clue about their powers or any other players powers.

Funny story. I queued into PZE elite the other day with two league mates. We were a sorcery dps, mental troll and sorcery healer (all cr 167-168). Our pug was a cr 165 ice tank. We go to the first group of adds, kill em in a few seconds and the tank immediately stops and gets on mic to tell us that he isn't continuing if we don't kick the DPs (me!!!) because I'm using frost snipe on the adds and he can't have a dps using a super taunt. I explain to him that I am a sorcery dps and don't have frost snipe or any kind of taunt. He continues to rant in chat about 'frost snipe' and how stupid pugs are. Lol. One kick later we get a cr 150 sumthin atomic tank first time in and finish the run smoothly in 20 or so minutes.

These are your end game players folks. :/
    • Like x 1
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

these newbs did not train with Deadly Towers.

figures, they stand still and attack. In what game was that a thing to do? Mike Tyson Punch out? WoW? (I have not played WoW)
    Notice the lack of an enemy npc health bar*
  5. mexmex Dedicated Player

YES you right, but that is due as a result of people being carried all the way to the end without giving them a chance to struggle and learn or get proper skills.
    THE PROGRESSION SYSTEM WE HAVE IS RESPONSIBLE OF ALL THAT. THE RAID IS EASY, BUT LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT THEY DOING.
  6. Simon Phoenix Active Player

I'm with you on getting full elite for troll,its the only role I play that I care about elite pieces.Unfortunately I was only able to get 2 pieces from PBE so my cr didn't rise much.

I was told the other night by a 168 tank and his garbage power hungry sorcery healer that having a armory with full elite for a better more flexible loadout is wrong.They were obviously clueless players but oh well.
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm usually pretty quiet in raids. even if i know the correct answer to a problem the group is facing theres always going to be that player or players who feel they know everything everything and respond with condescending sighs and insults. whats been driving me crazy are callers who are just completely unaware of whats going on and randomly assign blame to everyone else except themselves. you really cant argue with people like that because in about ten seconds they go into shrillmode. a good example of this was half the group got knocked out by an aoe. i pick them up, pot goes down while i'm picking these guys up, couldnt really afford that one second to recast lest the timers go out. pick everyone up and the caller is yelling at me because the pot is down..meanwhile he's completely unaware i just performed 4 pick ups...and then proceeds to tell me over the mike that as the troll i'm the only one who should be doing pick ups and no one else.

how do you fight that?

so far ive had some pretty smooth dwf runs...about 45 minutes each give or take. ive had a few that were longer and far more painful to endure. if the group is going to be that certain way that has me swearing at my screen (on push to talk) i'm not going to hang around.
    • Like x 2
  8. Simon Phoenix Active Player

You jus described the 2nd last run I had on my troll lol,except it was Stompa destroying the tunnel vision group.Of course it was my fault for picking them all up and was subsequently kicked haha
    • Like x 2
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

yup. seems were back to blaming the troll for everything.
  10. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

not only is there so few with skills, everytime I get to last boss dwf I DC. this game blows anymore...this is what sony and daybreak greed has got us. lv to max in a day. no sp, or very little. hell, anymore, even high sp is a wipe. so many gropes for dwf want to do 1 heal, or 2 trool 2 dps, and it never gets done. just a waste of time. and its a fun,good raid. just to much of a pain to bother with anymore.
  11. Raven Roth Committed Player

I bet Darkseid is maniacally laughing at all of the unskilled players, that don't know a single mechanic, repeatedly failing his raid.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

4 separate runs of DWF and everytime we wipe on Stompa, the group asks me why I can't taunt her.

Lord give me strength.
    • Like x 1
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The drops in the raid the same trash you get in the duo just aren't worth the trouble. You can have a good group and be in and out in 30 mins or because of bad combos be in there for hours. It's just not fun .
  14. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Don't forget HH, that was pretty tough especially without knowledge of the mechanics or good communication skills.
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

I got through the normal raid on the third day after launch and have got all the feats (except Fire Prevention). In 6-7 runs I was lucky enough to get all four drops for each role too.

Finished Elite on Friday night. It was my second run through (got to last boss first time and had to go to bed, the group I was in then finished two hours later and I think they were the third group in EU to finish it). I've done 5 bosses and had no elite drops.

I haven't been able to get a full league run through Normal yet though. I have to team up with some of the best players on the server to get through Elite, and I'm happy to say I was one of the weaker players in the group and let the side down a few times on second boss.
  16. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Tactics, position and situational awareness needed in short.

Straight guide for each boss variation on forums would do good.

I find drop rates horrible, or bad-luck limiter not working properly.
    General mechanics in the raid going makes me not want to run it too many times, because it can turn into huge time sink if not all up to the task.

I guess sudden increase in raid difficulty happened too fast coming from PB and BBS, which more or less telegraphed all mechanics before they took place and ended up being tank and spank. Although those who have been doing lots of HH survival it was easy to adapt to new area mechanics.

Elite is just crancked way too much in CR, I suppose it was done to make it last longer for the duration of next EP.
  17. Senko Committed Player

This every time I've beaten it or part of it all I've gotten is green. Its just not worth the hassle to try and get into this raid and deal with a PUG group which is what I'm usually in for that kind of rubbish especially since this time they seem to have padded the drop rates out for those who didn't get a purple in the previous 3 months so a lot of the green drops actually lower your CR/stats if you have a purple already in that slot so you don't even get the vague sense of "its common but at least I'm progressing".

Add on to this the ongoing belief that one shots, multiple bosses + adds and dropping agro to random attack are fun its just not worth my time. I've been playing 1-2 day's to get the earlier raids and buy the vendor gear then playing other games the rest of the time. Depending on what the next alert is like (drop rates as well as content) I may or may not cancel my subscription because its not worth paying for that little amount of content.
    • Like x 1
  18. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

agreed
  19. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Every game wants to be like COD now. Easy for all players
  20. VV Dedicated Player

I was trying elite with my league yesterday. We got Mad Harriet and Stompa in the first room. It took around 5 minutes to bring Harriet down to 20% and s**t started hitting the fan, it started out as 1 pool, became 3,4,5 and 6. The pools were in such a way that we can only place ourselves in a "Z" . DPS couldn't reach bosses without risking it. Healers should run by a pool to hit that burst and save a tank (CR172 NPC). The annoying iconic keeps taunting the boss. We had no clue what happened but as soon as Harriet was down to 15% she flew by me, oneshot me and then smacked tank so hard that she killed brick and the tank himself. We gave it a few more tries but people lose their mojo ya know.

I'm just thinking about the people who were like "We are ELITE, we need DIFFICULT content and we are HARDCORE. DCUO raids are so easy that my league does it with blind folds." Where are you guys? Did you run elite in a normal time yet? Like a normal reasonable raid time? Did you try running in a decent setup without cheesing it or running with FotM powers? I barely see people even playing that raid and someone who notoriously claims to be "elite" was celebrating on shout chat that she beat the first boss in elite ( Steppenwolf and Kalibak after a few resets). Please don't ask for content that you can't handle...

+DWF normal is super easy with proper premade groups. It barely takes 25 minutes and feels like an old raid. DWF elite is quite opposite. I can't understand how this works.