Why do you queue up for a duo...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by APlum, Jun 10, 2016.

1. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Unrelated but I hate playing HH with 7 low cr people, HH on the other hand is not bad as it's only one other person i have to deal with lmao. IMHO ;)
  2. Joybird Committed Player

In a duo, it doesn't matter. The person will simply be replaced in ten seconds, and they're the ones who have to eat the deserter penalty.

It's alerts where I find it annoying. I remember going into a PZ at 155 on my atomic tank, who was more than up to the task, and we went through 11 people before we left the first room. We ended up completing it fairly smoothly.
    • Like x 1
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this too. i try to compensate by positioning myself behind ads so they'll get knocked closer to me but sometimes my partner just insists on doing the exact opposite of whats best to get things done.
    • Like x 1
  4. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Here's another one. Never seen someone cry so much over being quoted. Must have a charmed life.
    • Like x 1
  5. megamanzero Loyal Player

kinda weird that you see crying in the first place. stay off drugs, kid.
    • Like x 1
  6. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Hope you don't mind if I steal this gif. :p
    • Like x 3
  7. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

Yeah. It's pretty hard to find a happy medium in this game. Between lower levels just wanting to be carried or cannot do much in the way of damage yet. To higher level end game players, who just walk out on you for whatever reason. Don't come to Gotham, it's raining here. With their nose so high up in the air, drown pretty quick. lol.

But I still want the mark if I can get it, why I queue. I try to look at it as a challenge if I'm paired with lower level player. Because it is harder. And if I can semi-solo the instance if necessary.

I try to make duos work out. But I've walked out on of 4 player missions. Especially if in support role. Healer. Can't kick a$$ as dps if I got to heal your busted a$$ as healer. Tank. If the group doesn't have enough "burn" as they call it. Or unless I am disconnected.
    • Like x 1
  8. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Had to like your post. You have degenerated to 'kid.' Well done. Am I 12 years old now, too?

Wah wah he quoted my post!!!!
  9. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Oh! Those nasty, dirty sub-160's!

How dare a 159 think they are even close in skill... I mean, purchased stats... to a 160?!?

Puny mortal sub-160's... You shall not pass!
    • Like x 1
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

I hope (and somewhat believe) we can all agree on this one thing:

The minimum/suggested Cr has got to go.....Devs dropped the ball here and it has many of these negative consequences.

The suggested should be the minimum to get in....problem solved. Not just in duos either....all content.
    • Like x 1
  11. megamanzero Loyal Player

what? i don't know how old you are why would i care about that?
  12. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Can we just put each other on ignore and move on? I am done with 'this.' This thread has been derailed enough and I don't want to get any warnings/bannings.
  13. megamanzero Loyal Player

do you need me to ignore you for you to ignore me? you should have ignored me in the first place and not quoted my post.

Edit: btw the way you've been talking doesn't exactly scream "look at me...i'm mature!"
  14. Castrato Well-Known Player

Lol everyone saying that they'll leave as soon as they see a 154+ or something like that in Harley's Heist duo.

The reason why I'm laughing is because I've taken 154+ through that duo as nature dps and we did just fine. Every time. I've even done it with healers, tanks, trolls, and dps.

But then again, that's just me. I don't care what your cr is. I'll take you through it as long as you're a competent player. We might get stuck on second boss, but it's just we gotta figure out a better plan of attack other than let's just go in and hope for the best.
    • Like x 1
  15. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

Ok
  16. megamanzero Loyal Player

this game is flooded w/ elitists who rather be Over geared than over skilled.
    • Like x 2
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

And THIS is why the community fails.
  18. Veritasum Loyal Player

I almost NEVER have any issues with duos. I really don't know what game you are playing. I Q, I win, I leave 99.8% of the time. What version of DC are people playing??
  19. megamanzero Loyal Player

marvel lol
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Come try my luck. I swear im cursed, no joke. Ongoing joke in my league about my luck. I run a ton of duos and just blind queue. Its like im a bad player magnet. Today alone i queued for the harley duo and got a 154 troll, left and requeued. Got a 156dps. Left again and requeued and got a 155dps. This happens to me all the time. At 1st i gave the low people a chance. But not anymore. Because 99% of them have proven to me they dont have a clue. There really is no need for a troll in that duo but if people do it fine. But at least stun some stuff. Otherwise what are u even contributing? Your just doing low dps. Or the people that go in as a healer and never heal or spam heal and empty their pwr bar on 2 adds. Or people who tank but somehow all the adds are jumping all over me as the dps. Trust me when i say i run into this stuff daily. The best are the low dps players in the harley duo who run in the room and aggro every single add possible :confused: I just sit there thinking to myself "what is going thru their mind right now?" And they die but then run back in the room and aggro all of it again and die again o_O Common sense is not very common at all in dcuo.