Anything new coming for PvP? Anything at all?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Intense-Inferno, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Intense-Inferno Level 30

Will there ever be anything new for PvP? New maps? New legends? Any fixes or balances? Has PvP been completely forgotten about? PvP is pretty much the only reason I log on anymore and the main reason I used to sub was to get all the legends characters and once I finished I didn't see any reason to continue subbing. Anybody have any idea about any of this? Any info on PvP would be great please.
    • Like x 2
  2. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

It would be nice if a part of their staff actually dedicated their time to the pvp side all throughout the year, but they don't care enough to do that. The excuse from Theybreak, "pvp doesn't make a lot of money."
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

The last Legends character discussed was Gorilla Grodd but he was supposed to be released sometime after Flash. Well Devs, it's been a few months.....

Legendary players do have access to PvP maps in The Last Laugh DLC so those should AT LEAST be functional, especially considering the feats tied to them. I feel bad for people who pug those a majority of the time. Those same instances can be run as Legends characters, too. We technically pay for some PvP. Regardless if we didn't pay at all it doesn't mean they should abandon it like they have been doing while being fully aware of how much the player base wants better PvP and new Maps. New maps seriously can't be that hard to make you can reuse any content really.
    • Like x 1
  4. Intense-Inferno Level 30

What about the new PvP season? Weren't we supposed to get new PvP gear every six months? Can't remember how the seasons were supposed to work I can't even remember the last time we got new PvP gear
    • Like x 1
  5. Soul Dedicated Player

There's a new map coming, not much information about what's coming with it, if anything at all.
    The concept of having a new season every 6 months died pretty much one season after it was conceived.. That is definitely not coming back.
    In all honesty, It doesn't look good at all, they've spent some time fixing the dmg issues in PvP, and made lots of promises about it being a first step, but the Devs vanished as soon as that phase was over.
    • Like x 3
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

When they did the recent update GU56 to eradicate 1-shots in Pvp, it created an upsurge in interest in Pvp. Queue times were much shorter. 8v8 maps saw action. Same thing post-merge.

The mistake made was that nothing was done to maintain the momentum. So after a few months, interest died down again and queue times returned to where they were before.

They will never be able to make much money from pvp if they continue to only do ad-hoc work instead of continual updates.
    • Like x 2
  7. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Don't get too excited about the new map, it looked to be tied in to the suicide squad movie, and we've lost the BvS stuff, so...
  8. Soul Dedicated Player

The only thing that'll get me excited about PvP is if they magically decided to bring RPS back.
    Aside from that I'm pretty much in a coma regarding this game.
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't think pvp will ever get better, because most of the players who the devs listen to mainly want fixes for stuff they think messed pvp up, not what will get more of the pve community to pvp. They have to listen to players that don't pvp, and not those who try to make it better for the 30-40 players who will pvp
  10. Intense-Inferno Level 30

So we were supposed to get new PvP gear every six months? I finished my Gotham Knight set on October 25th 2014 so we're almost 2 years behind on PvP gear! I wish there was something to work on PvP wise even better gear using an old style would work for me or everytime they release a new style for PvE in a DLC just give the style a PvP/PvE version and only let those with the DLC buy it that'll keep me subbed and playing and it could finally make the devs some money off PvP from those that only sub or buy the DLC to get the new PvP styles.
    • Like x 2
  11. Ayaya New Player

lost what?
  12. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

The Batman V Superman stuff.