Fire/Rage DPS/Tank load out iOS and suggestions

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by KidPhillip, Jun 9, 2016.

1. KidPhillip Well-Known Player

Hello I just want some tips/suggestions here

For my fire dos, I'm constantly running out of power and not being able to pull a fire burst in time before others kill things.
    My load out is:
    Inferno-Fiery Weapon-Burning Determination-Flame Cascade- Volcanic Colaminity
    I clip the first 3, then start spamming Fire burst, am I don't something wrong? Also I absolutely hate that supercharge I have to delete it but I don't know what, it's just ugly and ruins the flavor of my fire character. I also seem to always run out of power before other dos in my group :(. Also I use FC to reset my things after being interrupted/etc

My fire tank load out is:
    Low Pressure-Enflame-Backdraft-Burning Determination-Stoke Flames-Eternal Flame
    Seems pretty good so far. Might replace Enflame with fireball for 2 tank runs. Wild fire seems like a cool option too.

My Rage dps is basically that from the bloguide.
    It's:
    Bloodlust-Relentless Anger-Outrage-Dreadful Blast-Plasma Retch-Beserk

Seems a little slow. Ran with a ice dps and he not only our damaged me, but it also seemed like he didn't need to set up things. Beserk seems like a waste I don't feel a damage boost, and I rarely use outrage.

I don't know how to tank with rage so what's a good load out? Thanks in advance
  2. KidPhillip Well-Known Player

by IOS I meant tips darn autocorrect and I can't edit titles :(
  3. Pults Loyal Player

You are doing it correctly, only those powers do not return power and if fire burst fails it does not return power. I'd suggest only using FW and BD in instances where a controller isn't around.
    You can run with WoP, it's an iconic SC that returns power. CV is a damage loss.
    Fire is overall a slow, inneficient and unfriendly power. Learn to accept it as it is and master working around the flaws.
    • Like x 1
  4. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

It depends on what you're running. I try not to run Dreadful Blast, if I can help it, because I just don't find it fun. If I can get away with melee'ing, I try to :) It's way more fun :D

Melee:

Outrage, Revenge, Echain, RA, Galling, BL

Sometimes I take out Galling and put in Zerk, if I have a full super.

For tanking: (This is what I run, you don't have to)

Without Mercy, Ragebringer, Severe, Ire, Echain, Ferocity

I like to run with two immunites. When Severe is at around the half way mark (of the cool down) I hit one of my immunities so I don't get CC'd, etc before I need to hit Echain. Why I run with two, is that I'll always have one available. Most Rage tanks I've seen, run with one. It's really your choice.

You also don't have to run with a second pull. However, for raiding, it's nice to not only use Ragebringer to pull everything to you, but then to follow up with Without Mercy to make sure everything is close together. It's a personal preference for me, but like I said you don't have to. If you're worried about rage crashing, you can always use a reducer instead of the extra pull or extra immunity. I also run with a break out trinket just incase. With the way I hold my controller I sometimes hit one of my immunites when I'm pulling. It's nice to have just incase.
    • Like x 1
  5. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

For Fire DPS, you'll save power by switching your startup to Inferno->BD->FW. You can save a lot of power by making your startup BD, Inferno->FW but it's somewhat slower. Also, prioritize power over health when spending SP (after crits and might, of course). I found that occasionally I would run out of power when I used to prioritize health over power in the weapon trees.

Fire's supercharges are a DPS loss but if you want to do damage using SC, switch to Fireball Barrage. (I prefer its animation to VC.) If you want to use SC to benefit the group use Word of Power or, better yet, your movement mode's 50%er. (Vacuum Bubble, Speed Drain or Backflip Attack.) They restore some power to the group and may give your trolls that extra juice they need while they're waiting for their soders to come off cooldown. Otherwise, just use Robot Sidekick for your 6th power.

For Fire tanking, a super-taunt could be helpful, especially when running 2 tanks: either Fireball or Mesmerizing Lasso fit the bill. (I prefer Lasso. Also I'm jealous of you flight players: Low Pressure is so much better than the other movements' pulls.) As a tank I never earn enough SC to make Eternal Flame available often, as awesome as it is. I use Burnout instead for the extra group breakout/cleanse on my power bar.
    • Like x 2
  6. KidPhillip Well-Known Player

I actually kind of like spamming it, but maybe because I'm still new to the power.

I'll have to try melee sometime when I get an armory.

Would you be able to fit redirected rage somewhere in there?

I mostly play as a fire tank, so shields in the power set actually interests me a lot.

Thanks!

I did not know that, thanks for the tip.

I'll try out fireball barrage and maybe vacuum bubble

Enternal Flame is beast and it's like the one time you can pull wm combos against mobs so it's one of my favorite tanking powers

Thanks for the tips guys.
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

You dont need a shield playing as Rage. It doesnt worth it. Just like Fire, your shield is your big health and the heals.
    The way shields works makes them really weak for Rage and Fire tanks.
  8. Pults Loyal Player

I always ran with two as well. Can't imagine having only one breakout ability. Unless it's replaced with a dampener I don't think it would be safe to run with only one.
  9. iClip Committed Player

Fireball's taunt is broken and has been for more then a year. Mesmerizing Lasso is better, it does the Single Target 12sec overwrite taunt, it pulls, it stuns, and it grounds the target (provided they can be grounded). As far as the other fire stuff...looks good.

My fire tank loadout:
    Backdraft-Stoke Flames-Burning Determination-Mesmerizing Lasso-Burnout-Enflame[OR]Eternal Flame.
    I use Enflame when I'm tanking multiple things...I only really use Enternal Flame in SM or heavy hitting single boss fights i.e. SM.
  10. L T Devoted Player

For your fire load out, you can change Inferno/FW/BD to Inferno/BD/FW and get some power back. Or slow things down and use
    BD - Inferno/FW to get more power back. BD never returns power. Inferno and Fiery Weapon return power when you have volatility but don't refresh volatility or thermal absorption. The supercharge isn't terribly useful. You might want to run with reignition or a movement supercharge.

EDIT: Didn't realize that JimsArcade already answered your question.
  11. Punch Drunk Active Player

I don't understand why people keep saying Fire DPS are not on the same level as the other powers. I am usually at or near the top of the board. My current load out is Inferno clipped with FW. BD then Flame Cascade. Then you can spam Fire Burst all day long. I keep FW and Inferno up and just spam Flame Cascade on trash adds with low health. If the adds have a lot of health like in DWF then FB is the way to go. I only run into power problems when running lower level content and the adds die before FB or FC starts returning power back. But in most cases i don't need a controller.
  12. motionsick Well-Known Player

2 breakouts is the best, but when new content rolled out I found things got a bit hairy sometimes.

In new content it seemed more likely things would hard-stun you while in Rage mode and since they forgot/ignored Rage's rage crash mechanic, you die because you were stunned or being teleported somewhere..

Then you're stuck with a dampener and only 1 group breakout.