PLEASE, HELP. UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD UPGRADE

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by lillitmay, Jun 8, 2016.

1. lillitmay New Player

So, the launchpad and game itself were working normally when I was a free player. Then, I decided to buy one month membership. After I bought it online I opened the launchpad and the game started to install. The problem is that it shows "Installing 0 K of 37, 199 K (0, 0%)" on the left down corner and then an error message appears, which says:
    Unable to download SocketError:Connection Timed-out - Destination host failed to respond (10060 - 69.16.175.10 - http://dcuo.patch.daybreakgames.com...zs/be/234/2d294f3d982e0524f756199ca2b4007a52e
    [IMG]
    I tried to fix it by typing ipconfig /flushdns and netsh winsock reset in cmd.exe, but it did not help. I also tried to reboot my computer several times, but no:(

Please, help me if you don't mind!

Btw, when I open updatet file list it shows a lot of warnings:
    Found 131 file(s) to update.
    Creating UNREAL3/BINARIES/WIN32/!CHECKMINSPEC.DLL
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/BINARIES/WIN32/!CHECKMINSPEC.DLL
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Connection Timed-out - Destination host failed to respond (10060 - 69.16.175.10 - http://dcuo.patch.daybreakgames.com...zs/be/234/2d294f3d982e0524f756199ca2b4007a52e
    Checking game installation...
    Found 131 file(s) to update.
    Creating UNREAL3/BINARIES/WIN32/!CHECKMINSPEC.DLL
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Connection Timed-out - Destination host failed to respond (10060 - 69.16.175.10 - http://dcuo.patch.daybreakgames.com...zs/be/234/2d294f3d982e0524f756199ca2b4007a52e
    Checking game installation...

2. lillitmay New Player

I submitted a ticket in this issue Ticket (#57199)
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The recent update to the Launchpad required me to update the permission in my security software. Did you do that too?
  4. lillitmay New Player

No, I did not.. How did you do that and did it work? I should try this too.
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I set my security software to ask me.

Normally a security software has a whitelist, a list of allowed programs and apps.
    It should be written in the manual of your security software how to do that.
  6. lillitmay New Player

Woohoo! I solved the problem. It was my internet provider, who was blocking the access to download. :)
    For those ones, who live in a severe countries like mine, where everything is blocked, try to use Betternet.;)
    • Like x 1
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Do you mind to mention your country? If you do, other players might find this thread through google.
  8. lillitmay New Player

it's Kazakhstan btw