Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I thought the previous best was all but the chest being Dom health. I didn't wanna quote because I'm on my phone and didn't want the long quote
  2. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

No, this is the post from June 15, 2015:
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

4. L T Devoted Player

Updated the guide with a new link to Jim'sArcade's Tier 8 Mod Mini-Guide. Kept the T7 link also and labeled it as such. I think, for reference, it's easier to find it by going to page 1 of the thread and clicking a link than to go through page by page.

If there's any other handy info any of you think should be linked to on page 1, let me know!
    • Like x 1
  5. KidPhillip Well-Known Player

Does no one use Overheat/Spon Combustion/etc anymore ever since the Fireburst AM update?
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

No. Everytime you use something else rather than Fireburst, youre losing dps.
    • Like x 3
  7. L T Devoted Player

Korlick is absolutely correct. It *may* change some time in the near future as weapons are being rebalanced... or it may not. For the time being, Fireburst rules this roost.
    • Like x 1
  8. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

New to fire dps are there any better load outs then what I'm useing ?
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

would go with Robot Sidekick over the Supercharge. Or using Word of Power maybe to supprot team... but everything else than spamming Fire Burst (and cascade as back up) is bad for your damage
  10. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

I'm shocked that you are new to Fire. Assuming that's you in the video, you're doing an excellent job as a Fire DPS. Your rotation is top-notch and you execute it well most of the time. You even topped the 167 Gadgets DPS at just 164. (That should never happen, though. Either they were having lag issues or they are not a top-tier Gadgets DPS).

Tilz points out the only change I'd recommend: replacing Volcanic Calamity on your loadout. VC will only be useful if, after the upcoming weapons pass, WM becomes a viable DPS option for Fire again. WM gives a guaranteed crit to the first tick of VC's damage. If you use Fire's AM, VC is a DPS loss.

If you just want pure damage, I'd suggest Reignition. It adds a unique DOT and clips so it won't slow down your rotation. (Yes, you could also go with Robot Sidekick. However, there are many fights where you're confined to close-quarters. RS gets in everyone's way and, to be honest, can be a hindrance to the rest of the group just so you can get a tiny extra bit of damage.)

If you want to help the group as a whole, I'd suggest Word of Power or Backflip Attack (since you're acrobatics). Both provide the group with a little POT. WoP's advantage is that it uses a power point you probably don't need anyway. BA's advantage is that it also does damage.
    • Like x 2
  11. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Yea thts my first raid as fire. I'm gnna drop the sc for launching role from the acro tree it will give me a break out and a short immunity with almost no cd

Fire seems very vulnerable to being interrupted when useing Fire burst, also what's up with the power back function everytime I get interrupted I have to use flame cascade to get my power back then go into fire burst
  12. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Yup, that's 100% correct. That's why most players malign Fire, especially when they compare it to a similar power like Ice. Fire's damage is all back-loaded while Ice delivers constant damage and does not have the propensity to drop its AM as easily as Fire can. As you get more comfortable with Fire, recovering with Flame Cascade will become instinctual and you'll rarely drop the AM.

A while back, someone posted this amazingly accurate description of Fire DPS: :D

• Like x 3
  13. MystiC GT Active Player

How's it going fire community. I have an issue.... I love fire, it was the power I chose when I started playing DC about 4 years ago?? Before earth was even thought of.... Anyway for obvious reasons I switched from fire, it was painful but it had to be done.... Eventually I stopped playing DC about a year ago but have recently started up again, and as soon as I heard fire is now on par with ice I immediately switched to fire again.

I love the DPS side of fire, the animations all the way down to the sound it makes but my issue is with the Tanking side... I just can't seem to get it right... I mean I have the usual load out, lasso, backdraft, SF, BD, burnout... But I would die within three hits, as soon as I let go of block to use a power it would be a rat race to get back to holding block again...

I just started up again so my gear isn't all there, I started a new toon so he is only CR59 and my skill points are only 135... What I am asking is what am I doing wrong? When spec'ing into my weapons I try and get as much Dom as possible, then I would get health, defence, and if any left over I'll get healing stuff... So can anyone give me some advice on the tanking side of life??

Also when there is no controller I might aswell expect to die... I never use SF and BD together unless I really am taking some heavy damage so I am a little conservative but still once my power is gone so am I
  14. Pults Loyal Player

Go health>Dom>healing crits defence is kind of pointless for fire tanking. Also fire tanking in general is more costly compared to other powersets you always need to smartly invest in skill points and gear mods (just don't start modding low tier gear).
    As for you dying. Hard to tell, fire tanks heavily rely on healers best you can do is clip taunts with SF/BD and get back in block. You will never fully rely on your own self healing but it will help mitigate some damage outside of block.

I personally wouldn't tank until T6-7 since until then you will most likely get boosted by 170CR players.
    Also are you using base mods (whites), fortified blocking really makes all the difference for fire tanks.
  15. MystiC GT Active Player

Thanks a lot for the reply, I'll take all you said into consideration... Yeah if I do mod it will only be synthetics, if that's still a thing? And no I can't get white mods yet, I'm a low CR, every mark counts hahaha,

I ran FOS2 with this room and tried to tank it, but even with two healers I wouldn't last very long... Granted the healers were not the best... But still three shots and I'm down... Wow CR 170... When I left the max was like 135 or somewhere around there.... Thanks again
  16. Pults Loyal Player

Synthetics have no impact on progression meaning you can skip them all together. If you really need the gear bonuses you can mod with alpha/beta mods which don't waste any exobytes when recovered and don't waste marks since synthetics cost 5 marks each.

Current max is actually 172 if I'm not mistaken so up until easrly T7 you can get easy breezy without putting much thought into modding/skill points. You can later on get all the required feats in instances once you're well overgeared.
  17. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

reserve tanking or Quick healing for the tank side, which is the best option?
  18. Tilz Loyal Player

I have the feeling that I don't fill up my Supercharge too much (or that I really need it more than twice in a raid).
    I like the Quick Healing mod.
    • Like x 1
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I have a feeling that if they don't give fire some form of increased out of block mitigation, it will be bad when cr scaling goes away
  20. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

i wish it wasn't so power hungry, i dont really like its Crowd control powers either they feel broken players around me are still getting attacked despite me having over 6000k dominance or maybe im just using it wrong.

loadout is Enflame, Burning determination, stoke flames, Backdraft, burnout, mesmerizing lasso

dps side still stinks outside of raids.. Fireburst animation needs to be sped up or there should be a second way of doing good damage.

the power needs a whole revamp imo