"Non sorcery heals only"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pitbullb3, Jun 2, 2016.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Anyone else see a lot of these shouts last 2-3 days? I've seen 4 in the last few days. Did sorcery heals get ninja nerfed recently? Because it's been awhile since i've seen them
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Could just be people running with two healers and not wanting two of the same because they think things still overwrite?
    • Like x 1
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

They don't?
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

There was a GU fixing overwriting in general last year. No, they don't.
    • Like x 3
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Nah they changed hots and dots overwriting a while back
    • Like x 3
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't think they have for like 6 months atleast.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You think 6 months matters? Didn't you know dominance affects a tank's aggro? :p
    • Like x 9
  8. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

No. People are just stupid. I solo DWF with sorcery.
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

What happens then if I set up a group shield and the other healer sets up a group shield as well?
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

Several GUs ago they made it so that DoTs and HoTs from one player no longer overwrite the DoTs and HoTs of another player. A player can still overwrite their own HoTs and DoTs with a few exceptions that never overwrite, like Quantum's Gravitonic Field and Sorcery's Soul Well.
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

That's an oldie
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

If shields are of the same category they will overwrite each other. This means Healer type shields that have hit limits will overwrite. Supercharge healer shields are a different category, and Tanks' and Trols' personal shields are different categories as well.
    • Like x 1
  13. MyrVell Committed Player

Sorcery doesn't have a great raid party heal, and has a longer cool down on the four player heal. These things can overwhelm someone who isn't skilled with the power when things get dirty.
    One or two wipes is all it takes to make people in the community start placing blame.
  14. MuTeDx Committed Player

I've seen a lot of "GLF NATURE HEALS 166+ PST CR/SP" ... My diagnosis is the power return. Even with a halfway bad troll an atomic tank and nature healer can do decent enough for most raids, give them a good troll and it's cake city. This power return mechanic gives nature the upper hand when compared to other powers, especially when players are looking at the power sets. So now people only want nature healers and it's hard to blame them when one has a feature the rest do not.

The solution is to give power back to all powers and all roles. Make "knowing your power" the key to keeping power up and refocus trolls to working debuffs and stuns with light power over time for people using more power heavy rotations such as an ice using reflect. I think this rebalancing would end well for all players and bring back some fun in all power sets.
    • Like x 3
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

I have seen the exact opposite. I have seen need nature healer only.

My guess for sorcery healers having 2 of the same in a group is pointless as certain power interactions still overwrite such as heals from soul well.
  16. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

That's false. Soul Well never over write on anything. Even before the fix.
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Before the fix kills from fallen enemies overwrite, just like how celestial curse kill overwrites today. Not sure if it still applies today.

But reasons like that are the #1 reason I dont like running with other celestial healers.
  18. JohnDC New Player

Ok here's the thing with Sorcery heals.

It is a localized thing, it can't heal across the room, and in most raids people like to spread out, take Happiness home, difficult to heal everyone, but nature and others don't have this problem. wish they would just correct it and make it like every other healing power.

My biggest gripe right now is I have ran several raids and each time there is a elect healer, and all he does is galvanize, no other healing is used, this is pathetic.

The other day I ran three separate alerts and raids, and in each I had a elect healer, each time this person used galvanize and nothing else. These are different toons, not the same person, but same actions.

If you guys have leagues please teach your people how to properly heal, not everyone is OP and doesn't need a healer. o_O
    • Like x 2
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

For the 1st 2 rooms of DWF atleast, sorcery is the better solo heal for solo tank. I haven't solo healed the current raid entirely, but i gave soloed the 1st 2 rooms with a solo tank
  20. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Maybe from fallen enemies. I'm not sure, but not from the normal ticks/heals. They don't over write.