SOLO CONTROLLING AND HEALING HAS GOT TO STOP.....BACK TO BASICS 1..3..2..2 TEAM SETUP

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by supalova20, May 22, 2016.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there are tons and tons of support roles in this game as technically everyone has one so saying there scarse is reaching a bit. if more content required us to have more ballanced teams there would be more people that play their true role as PEW pew isnt the main one
  2. Phill Committed Player

I agree with that. It happens every time I am in a raid with two of the same support roles.
  3. Swiftduck Loyal Player

This looks like one of Protector of Tomorrow's threads lmao
    • Like x 1
  4. Morcra Committed Player

i read somewhere about daybreak only giving us one armory. seriously, what is up with that. I dont wanna buy another armory to get a basic function in this game working right. whats even the point of giving me an armory! Ever since i decided ill just play both roles on all my characters i just walk around with 2 sets of armor. One armoy is useless.
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Probably not.

As it is now, you can still function as both dps and support on the side with just one armory. As long as you have sufficient support role gear, you can set that one single armory to have 3 spare power points and 10 spare skill points to get the necessary powers and breakout mastery and/or weapon mastery and/or a couple of skill points in the % crits when you have to switch to support.

Giving 2 free doesn't really help. People will just use the 2 armories for DPS. The standard setup on one armory and another setup for more single target during boss fights. And if you complain, people will just rebuff you saying that you don't pay for their subscription and/or premium costs.

The damage is already done. There isn't even enough proper DPS, let alone support role players.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sunah New Player

This has actually been happening in almost every game now. There is really 1 simple solution to all this: make enemies hit much MUCH MUCH harder and have tanks take a lot less damage. (PvE only of course) PvP just leave it alone. This way, tanks are almost always needed for every content and because they are needed, so are healers and support classes for CCs. You make these changes and BOOM we actually have a game that is fun and engaging, instead of the burn fest that's been happening. I have literally ported into a dungeon and by the time I repaired my gear and made my way to group, 2 bosses were down. Come on... where is the fun in that?
    • Like x 1
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

REMOVING THE ROLELESS BUFF will help bring back the support roles.

I mean let's look at PZR first. If roleless buff is not there, Zod hit would do much more damage when no tank is present due to all players having less defense. This in turn would make the group want a tank to hold aggro and ads. Next is troll, no power regen, well now you would want a troll to get that power back. Last is healing, and this like power, will be removed making a healer important again.

This would improve the support roles greatly and help the game move from where it is to where it should be. More support roles and less of this 4 DPS in alerts. This would than trickle over to raids where the devs than could continue to have content require 2-2-2-2 as more players would be be incline to play their non-damage roles.

I would also point that a duo where support roles make it easier is also a push for more support and less damage roles.

All of these minor changes can help.

The thing is though, they need to make BEST GEAR IN VENDOR or get rid of CR differential that way stats is what would impact us and not a stupid CR that make it so we are squishy when in fact our stats are only slightly lower than our counter parts who are say 2-3 CR higher than us.
    • Like x 2
  8. Real2TM Well-Known Player

You can thank the way content was set up. Advanced mechanics basically made it so you only need 1 troll instead of 2. Some bosses and Ads hit so damn hard that there is almost no need for 2 healers. I heal, I troll, I tank and Dps. The game set up those changes and the community adapted to it. Not really the best thing but it changed regardless. I love 2 trolls and 2 healers setup but you also have many Dps that reach end game content with barely any sp, mods or skill that more dps = higher chance of getting 1 good dps. Not saying that low sp means you suck but more than likely means you only know how to do 1-2-3-4 instead of having knowledge or experience with running in raids.
  9. Guy Streakerson Level 30

The main reason why the current setup of 1-1-1-5 is because folks want/need to get through the content as fast as possible due to time constraints!
    Players simply don't have the time to be in a raid for longer then 20-40 min, they have other stuff to do aswell!

Now, i understand some just don't have that much time on their hands and they still want to play, get gear, marks etc, but they also have to realize that if they play that content, it will take longer then what 30min, either accept that or move on!
  10. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

I dont see what the problem with 5-1-1-1 is. There are MUCH more dps in this game. Everyone is actually adps, but I'm talking about main role. I would venture to say (with no evidence) that 75 percent of the community is dps. So I'm not opposed to raids needing more dps. And honestly, I know you said 1322, but I rather them have the need for a second tank over second controller. If it were 1322, I wish it would be 1 troll 3 dps 2tank 2heals
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

forcing raid setups is good on paper but in reality it doesn't work
  12. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I’ll have to agree on this, at one point before the merge, I switched to tank because tanks were close to extinct on the PC side and all I managed to do was find the reason why they were gone, for duos and alerts you were non-existent, trying to go as a tank on an alert was offensive to players apparently, but for raids you were expected to solo everything regardless of healer and trollers or even DPS performance AND out of raids you kept being bombarded with ninja invites that would transform into insults when declined.

To this day there's people that seem to treat support role as if wanting to be full support instantly turns you into second rate citizen, their reason being that "it's called support for a reason"...until they need you to support, then it's ninja invite combo time x.x

rant over.
    • Like x 1
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I used to feel that way about healing. But, then I realized we're two outfielders trying to make the same catch. If it's two of the same kind of healer, we're wasting power trying to do the same thing at the same time. The only time it's really helpful is if a healer needs a healer; it's nice to have a counterpart keep me alive while I'm trying to get out of an AoE. Or, if two different healer powers are working together.

After WM and power recovery, I used to feel the same way about trolling. Everyone was sitting on a full power bar, the boss was debuffed multiple ways, and the strays were getting stunned. But, that didn't last very long before Tanks and healers started starving for power the boss would have a defensive debuff at most while incompetent trolls ran around stunning things randomly instead of throwing PoT. Content also made it so healers couldn't heal reactively, they have to anticipate and spam (even if there are two of them with HoTs and all). There are also more pickups that require strong shields. Further making it so that PoT troll and a debuff/controller would be preferable.

I'm glad that content is trying to push two tanks. But NPCs are spending more time in scripted attacks than they are on the tank. Sure the tank has their attention, but even when they come out of the scripted attack, they stay where they are, and attack the tank at range while still doing splash damage. to the nearby group and everything between them and the tank. Wouldn't be so bad if we weren't cramped into a small arena or hallway with no place to go.
  14. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Idc if it is 2-2-2-2, 1-1-1-5, 2-1-2-3, or 1-2-3-4. I'll do whatever is necessary to finish the raid. If you cannot play both roles, youre limiting yourself. With all of the trash gear that drops, there is no excuse for not playing both roles. If you want to cling to the past 2-2-2-2 or 1-1-1-1 and take longer, go ahead. If I can beat alert/raid X faster by excluding support roles, I'll do it. They wouldnt have to worry about exclusion if they played both roles.
    • Like x 1
  15. supalova20 Well-Known Player

I see a mind is a terrible thing to waste....gtfoh noob
  16. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

The masses of this game are so bad when it comes to this soloing thing, it is near impossible to run as a support role in older content if you arent close to the new max CR.

I took a hiatus on my troll right after BD dropped, and i just returned to it. With ~210 sp on and 138 CR somewhere near 6.1k vit I was told i was gonna be carried and I didnt know the mechanics enough to run the raid with experienced groups as a support role (both my healer and tank are 167 and 168 respectively)... :confused: this idea that CR = Skill for support has tainted leveling up an alt unless you have friends or a league to run things with. ( i do but sometimes i get annoyed pestering people to help me) But this is absurd. This is also very demotivating if you are trying to play support and told that you can get carried as a dps, but not support. Makes you wonder why even play the role at all.
  17. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

I agree... except one thing. Grinding 2 sets of gear on multiple alts. (especially if the alt's power is crap for dps) kinda hinders you.
  18. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I know thats just emotion *Drake voice*
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

5-1-1-1 is the primary way for them to sell replays. And thats what they need to make money
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

That's why DWF was released with the booster bundle, to make up for the replay loss.