Nature and Electric improvements

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, Apr 7, 2016.

1. SkullGang Devoted Player

Not really no.
    • Like x 2
  2. L T Devoted Player

I'm thinking... maybe. It sounds like the weapon revamp is more than just tweaks, and by some of Mepps' comments it seems like Weapon Mastery is getting an overhaul, so that if you don't like clipping with your AM, the WM combos will be viable again.

I never really liked WM. I fling my dual-wield swords and then take out my bow? Huh? Maybe if there's a broader range of weapons/combos that I can use to do decent damage I'll like it... no probably not.
    • Like x 2
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Im wondering how the weapon pass is going to work. Will melee weapons produce the most damage or will ranged weapons be able to do melee damage when close enough ? If melee weapons/combos produce the most damage then we will have the same problem as HL and Rage. Being countered and losing damage.
  4. L T Devoted Player

I've never been able to get as much sustained damage from a ranged weapon as I could from a melee one (with the exception of a few attacks that were bugs and corrected). I'm guessing that's going to continue... but I think the strong ranged attacks will get a buff when inside 13m. So melee will be stronger point blank, then they'll be about the same from 7.5-13m, then range will take over at 13+ meters for the weakest damage.

My big questions:
    • will getting weapon mastery continue to nerf certain weapon combos?
    • will any weapons be good both close up and at range?
    • Like x 1
  5. Maissie New Player

I just wish i could go back when the am didnt exist and play fire again doing wm dual wields, i love using weapons and wm's, it feels so smooth doing wm and putting out the dots. Now we see someone else is doing 200k dmg in 3 seconds ( looking at my mental and other gadgets). Ill just wait and see how midrange is going to effect weapon use and hope nat/elec get some love. I dont like the burst type no build up time AM that is taking over dcuo.. It all started with ice...
  6. Jim Berry Well-Known Player

As an Electric healer on Xbox One now, I am greatly enjoying it. I just need to get used to the changes in the animations for my heals. For example, Ionic Drain used to be an electric beam in a straight line. Otherwise I'm cool.
  7. DaBeama Well-Known Player

The animation ionic drain is different fir healer and dps.
  8. Couze Well-Known Player

My stance remains the same as it did months ago. Better setup times better use of buffs, and more damage from using DoT resets once all are at maximum and better SCs. I refuse to reiterate as many players around these parts do not know how to maximize DPS potential and compete with other powers in all scenarios. Truthfully, the only way to make electric in its current state compete in 5-1-1 or 3-1-1 scenarios is to overpower it in 2-1-1 or 2-2-2-2 scenarios in proper hands. I will return to this game only when these powers are competitive. Until then I shall watch. I have been a nonsub for the first time in 5 years.
  9. Rammy Well-Known Player

I had an idea for a change to wolf form. A lot of people complain about how long it takes to use it. Other people complain about having to use weapons as a nature player. Since Roar and Serpent's call work differently in wolf form why not make Harvest work differently as well?

Instead of refreshing and spreading poison spore dots, when in wolf form Harvest could remove poison spore dots and do extra damage based on how many poison spores it removes. This basically makes wolf form a 1-2-3-4 am that works similar to how Blosom works on the healer side of the power. This would eliminate having to switch forms repeatedly to get the best out of nature dps while giving those who complain about weapons a new way to play the power.

If no one likes the idea at least this thread got the bump it deserves.
    • Like x 2
  10. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

It would be neat if each form of nature had one of the different Am's.
  11. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

this is the only way i would enjoy playing wolf form. other than that, i have always preferred mixing weapons in with my dps. lupine darts doesnt quite feel the same imo.
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Just wanted to add a few things to this..

With electric more things need to be added to the AM list and power back mechanic. If you want to play a polarized loadout you can't cause your out of power super fast. A loadout consisting of static push and electrocute as your main moves is good for fast add damage but its simply unusable cause of the power back.

I hope all the moves in the electric power trees are included in AM damage and power back so you can use a variety of different loadouts and just not be stuck to one set loadout like many other powers. It was fun back in the day when you could use things others didn't and still do well but now days thats gone cause the powers are so restricted to just running only 6 powers. Heck theres 2 trees full of powers and we're stuck using the same 6...ugh lets get out of that trend and bring some variety back.
    • Like x 3
  13. Guy Streakerson Level 30

I think that Electricity is a too complext power and they have no idea as how to fix it, hence the reason why it hasn't been touched in what, 3-4 years now?

They'll either just leave it the way it is, or remove it (in order to completely rebuild the power)!
  14. Midnight Malice New Player

They just need a faster setup for DOTs and a slightly higher dot damage... that could be considered a 'hotfix' and at least make the power usable right now. Instead of bio-electric charge stacking on enemies, stack it on the player... boom, fixed. You still need your 1 2 3 egen, arc, voltaic to start the charges, have voltaic also add a dot if used with a WM and keep the charges on the player for a few seconds... 6-7, whatever makes sence... this would go a long way to fixing the slow startup time. It would also allow dots to spread to new adds when they join the fight, just need to VB again. Make it so VB has to hit an enemy to refresh charges. Limit VB to only ever allow 1 charge so you can't just VB/WMx3. Increase arch, egen damage slightly when fully charged, maybe add a slightly longer cd to VB, you get dots out fast, and have a real rotation.
  15. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

to add to this, and to keep things somewhat simple, while keeping all powers relevant, i was thinking that while in worlf, serpant call, roar, and voracious plants could be used a set up powers. thorn burst could be used similar to emp/mass terror and harvest would be the paralyzing dart/mass lev equivalent. carnage could be used to activate the power back am. this would obviously be used for adds while dots and weapons on bosses would eventually edge out the burst approach in the end.
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

The power regen for electric is terrible. Even only using the AM powers, you will be completely out of power after setting up DoTs and casting electrocute. I'm fine on my fully modded main, but on my CR 129 villain I run out of power with just 1 rotation. The power regen doesn't even allow me to clip VB with a very fast weapon attack (like dual throw). I have to use something slower like scissor kick in duos, or flip slash. I even have infinite power on my level 25 atomic villain doing the 1234 AM.

I agree that all PI powers should do regen when either the electrified OR polarized PI is in effect. Plus improve the power regen to match other powers so you don't run out of power in solos and duos.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Most important things for fix
    1. Loadout size. You have to choose between setting up max dot in 1 rotation or setting up max dot in 2 rotations and have a supercharge. Its dumb how you need 7 spots to set up max dot in 1 rotation and have a supercharge.
    2. Set-up time. The first rotation should be a 1-2-3-4 burst that sets up dot in 1 rotation. Then clip weapon attacks while sustaining dot. This is the only way dot powers will be able to keep up. I know that devs say that they balance according to bosses, but this is what makes dot powers fall behind in solo and duo content as well (time a mental dps vs an electric dps in a solo).
    3. Increase power regen from weapon attacks.
    4. Have voltaic bolt spread max dot, whether enemies are electrified by wired or arc lightning.
    5. Grace period. We were extremely patient wating for out update and some powers got updated twice with a grace period, so lets do it right the first time around. Other powers have shortcuts. Once adds die, our max dot dies with them and we have to start over again. Add a 3 second grace period for casting max dot.
    • Like x 1
  18. SkullGang Devoted Player

Or just keep the max dot on us. Fire got changed to volatility was on you instead of the adds so i don't see how that can be changed for Electricity.