Fire vs Ice vs Earth vs Atomic vs Rage

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by KidPhillip, May 27, 2016.

1. KidPhillip Well-Known Player

Best to worst Tank?
    Best to worst DPS?
    Favorite in general?
    Who you rather raid with?
  2. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

It doesn't matter as long as they do what they are meant to do
  3. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Atomic, Ice and Earth are good dps powers.

Ice, Fire and Earth are good tanks.
    Atomic is good as well but its better for tanking multiple adds with bosses just as Rage is good in that area.
    Atomic and Earth have great pull moves as well.
  4. bagofboom Committed Player

Ice Ice Baby.
    Dun dun dun duh duh duhduh dun duh. (Royalties not paid)

Long Live DCUO!!
    • Like x 1
  5. moltressagemode New Player

u mofos always treat fire like its trash its better than u think its dps is really good ppl suck as fire dps learn the power 1st than raird with it
  6. Pults Loyal Player

ice>earth>fire both dps and tank.

I like earth for SM, I like fire for raids, pvp and SM.
    Haven't played ice dps and only tanked with it on test server. Super effective and easy.
  7. Morcra Committed Player

are there any facts that u could actually declare to us. Or are just gonna throw your 3rd grade grammar at us,
    • Like x 1
  8. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

All of the grammar mistakes I see in your reply, you have no room to complain about someone else's; hypocrite.
  9. Morcra Committed Player

Well im sry sir, there is a clear difference to purposely obstructed sentences that u can still clearly understand. Then there are some things that are obviously not done on purpose. Apparently commas and a full stop are becoming less required. I got too much **** to worry about irl to decide to write perfectly for all of you. Ill keep that to my college and work thank you very much.

O and i apparently missed a "u". Or as you might want it a "you". Call me the typo lord i guess. Probably missed some on this too. O well, if it aint got a red underline it aint my problem.
  10. JeffEllis Committed Player

With all of the grammar mistakes I see in your reply, you have no room to complain about someone else's. You're a hypocrite.

I fixed that for you. It'a okay to omit a preposition in some situations in a sentence but not as the first word and "with" is not one you can generally exclude. If you're going to call someone out on grammar, you should first ensure that yours is beyond reproach. Now for your next lesson class, deconstruct this paragraph and analyze any grammar errors you may find.:D
    • Like x 2
  11. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

That's cute, because what you chose to add onto my statement can be excluded. Nice try though :)
  12. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

Yet, you have the time to worry about how perfectly written a sentence is from someone else? I'd take you serious on that if you could be the example for what you argue against; you know? Point being, everything you've said to this point about grammar has become redundant.
    • Like x 1
  13. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

Also, you do have a grammar mistake in that wonderful lesson of yours. Now, since you apparently think you're the smartest guy in this thread, I'll let you figure that out for yourself :)
    • Like x 1
  14. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

More grammar, please.

[IMG]
  15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Your signature is so disturbing, lmao.
  16. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

all tanks powers, as tanks, have their strengths and weaknesses. there is no better overall tank than the other. i have four tanks at end game content and can tell you that the best tank power for one person may not be the same for another. try them out and see how you do. as for the dps side pf things, earth, atomic, and ice are the best of the 3 for general content. rage is purely not up to par but fire only falls behind the others mentioned because of the damage being back loaded from fire burst. the only place a fire dps really shines is in SM.
  17. Morcra Committed Player

apparently my last post was discarded because i was....trolling?...........lol. God Pls enlighten my soul. Im sry for venting. didnt know that made me a troll.

Who would have thought that conversation over grammar would cause this. I think my threshold for the internet is nearing its breaking point.

ill just leave saying i like atomic the best. I hate the traditional tank when i basically just stand and block. I enjoy dishing it out while also being able to take it.
  18. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Tank.
    1. Ice
    2. (Hard One) Earth
    3. Atomic
    4. Fire
    5. (never played it, seen a few good ones but very few) Rage

DPS
    1. Earth (Damage, Ease of Use)
    2. Ice (Great Damage, getting stuck in animation... can be a problem)
    3. Fire
    4. Rage (tough to melee in raids though, and the ranged options are... very limited)
    5. Atomic

Favorite in General: Fire
    Juggling, Burst Damage, very mobile, ability to jump cancel animation, by far the most fun to me personally of this group of powers.

Favorite to Raid with:
    Ice and Earth in the right hands, doesn't matter much. Don't mind the others in the hands of skilled DPS they can all get the job done but a couple Ice and Earth and maybe a Quantum or Hard Light DPS for additional crowd control beyond the troll or tank, probably gonna be a smooth raid. Assuming 3 or more are high enough CR.
  19. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Best to worst Tank?
    Different content favors some tank powers over others, so the vague answer is: it depends. Ice seems to be the easiest tank power while Fire is the most difficult. All of them are effective, though.

Best to worst DPS?
    They're all really close now. In fact, I'd say the tank class powers are the closest in terms of in-game DPS capability from top-to-bottom versus the heal and troll powers. Still, if I had to rank them:
    1) Ice
    2) Earth
    3) Fire
    4) Atomic
    5) Rage

The constant damage from Ice's Arctic Gust spam will usually be too difficult to surpass. Earth's position could change with the upcoming weapons pass... I just don't know if it will be better, worse or essentially the same. Fire with a good tank can top all these powers, but with a poor tank (or none at all) it can struggle. I can't say much about Atomic except that it looks like a ton of fun! As for Rage, while it has been maligned by the community after the recent update, it can still be pretty potent. I've seen some amazing Rage damagers out there but they're the exception, not the norm.

Favorite in general?
    Fire, duh! :p However, I could see myself falling in love with Atomic if given the chance.

Who you rather raid with?
    I don't care as long as they're good with their power.
  20. Impulsively Committed Player

Ice is a solid all-around tank in my opinion. I'm not very experienced with Atomic, but I'm trying to get into it and am having a lot of fun so far! I like how active you can be with it as opposed to being locked down blocking most of the time.

I don't like Earth tanking at all - neither Aftershocks or pet tanking really appeal to me at all. Rage tanking is just okay. Rage crash was a fun mechanic at first, but it's something of a pain for me to time when I'm listening to music (and thus not hearing any game sound).

I have no opinion of Fire tanking since I don't have much experience with it.

As for DPS, Earth and Ice are complete dreams for damage out. Even my low CR and SP toons can top leaderboards with both at-level and even one or two tier above players. Atomic isn't bad either and is a ton of fun to play. I like having choices for my 1234 powers and the option of switching to a different damage dealing mechanic without switching my entire loadout (comboing is handy for no-Controller runs). No opinion or Fire or Rage DPS because I lack the experience.

tl;dr/in summary...

Ice = Atomic > Rage > Earth Tanking

Ice = Earth > Atomic DPSing in my personal opinion.