Dev Discussion Episode 24: Darkseid's War Factory raid feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

It's because live is a nerfed version of what was on test before release. We had it hella rougher for 2 weeks xD
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I don't know how nerf it was we couldn't get past the 1st boss no one was happy given that most of us had full sets of 164 elite gear I'm not giving up my elite 164 gear for some duo or vendor trash to beat the regular version of the raid.
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

The Elite version will be even worse than the regular one.
    Tip. Nature bug and Rage tank helps tons
  4. BlueThunderLight New Player

Hello guys , don't you think you went to crazy in creating a mod , asking 39 exobytes per gear it's to much what do you want as to farm all day? , the Raid it's to crazy to much stunts here in there in the space for those rooms are to small going mad , I like the game but this it's to much.....
    • Like x 2
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

We talked about that in league today and now one is a fan of these need this power or that to run a raid .
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I know lol.
    Have you tried a set up other than 5111? I only ask because a lot of people are trying it that way and are epic failing
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

No we ran two of each role but we had a fire tank and an ice dps that had to be close and a celestial healer that kept getting knocked down by the adds so it went down hill fast.
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

What bosses?

If you take a celestial healer, make sure they know how to move through the combos and make sure they know when to combo. Lots of them dont know how to.
    Plus they should be running life drain or Consecrated Ground at the current cr. Sacrifice's mitigation aint gonna cut it unless y'all are good at pick ups.
    with the adds, kite. Kite your *** off. Or recognize where to stand.

Fire is bad in the first room. Just telling you.. let them isolate the other boss.
    Ice isn't bad in this raid but Mental, Earth, Sorc, and Gadgets are AoE monsters. HL Atomic and Celestial if played right can do exceptionally well here too.
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

We couldn't even get past the 1st room nobody was happy I don't mind hard stuff but at the very least when there's a full group over 163 cr and most of them are full elite gear we should be able to get past the 1st boss.
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Hehe. Seems like no one's figured out the timer on the adds. It might be broken though.
    • Like x 1
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I had this issue on the PS4, too. I was standing there, then started taking damage and was like "wtf is that?" then a giant pool of fire rendered.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if anyone had disassembled that fire pit mechanic in the first room? I noticed that I become Terrified and a glow appears around my head. Muscle memory made me break out immediately and a fire pit spawns beneath my feet.

I noticed a second time this happened that if I didn't immediately break out, I kept the glow on my head for a short while and the pit appeared when I broke out of the control effect.

Does anyone know if it's possible to prevent the fire pit from spawning, simply by not breaking out of the Terrorise effect?
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Kinda shows ya elite gear really dont make ya elite now does it? :p Seriously tho the 1rst room isnt that tough. Split the bosses on opposite sides of the room. Whoever u think is the harder boss then take them out 1rst. It helps if u have run the HoP content before cause all the bosses are the same from the other instances. If u know their attacks then its not as hard as people are making it sound. At least imo its not. Like i said our 1rst run today we had stompa/mantis as 1rst boss. Wiped once got it on next try. People will have to learn the boss attacks and the room mechanics and obey them to finish the raid. Its the start of t8 and its darkseid. It should be somewhat difficult.
  13. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

We were able to beat the raid, several times at 164. A lot of it is just being aware of your surroundings and communication. It can definitely be done.
    • Like x 3
  14. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

You league and the people you play with are in the top level of players most of us aren't that lucky we just want the regular version to be a little easier then it is now.
  15. mikeluthor2nd Well-Known Player

Raid isn't hard, at least not as hard as test guys made it seem, I Pugged it and yeah we didn't finish it, but it was on Darkseid and it was just lack of a strategy, but I'm sure I'll get it this week.
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

O yes because everyone is as skilled as u and your lg :eek:
    • Like x 2
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I know a few other than BRITTENY's group that have done the Raid too and then went back for a second/third time. Not to say the Raid won't be nerfed but it can be beaten by more than just BRITTENY's group and league.
    • Like x 1
  18. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Not saying everyone has to be top tier players to beat it. I've watched a few streams of people running and failing at the first boss. The problem is the lack of coordination with the group as well as communication and just plain awareness. But complaining b/c you can't beat a raid just b/c it's "too hard" isn't really a good reason to complain. If there were major issues that made it too hard, sure. But the fact that people can't one shot the raid, does not mean it needs to be nerf'd. Maybe people need to buy some vendor gear first. Maybe people need to pay attention and see how the fights work.

But to sit here and blame it on the fact that it's too hard and only certain groups can beat it, is BS. People are beating this raid. We're not the only ones. I never said it was a cake walk. We had our fair share of wipes. However, we were still able to complete it, multiple times with different groups.

But thanks for the snarky comment. I appreciate it.
    • Like x 2
  19. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Agreed, majority of the player base will not beat this raid, as I said in another post I ran with my league and we are good players, far from elite but we couldn't get past first boss room. I'm a believer in the fact the normal raids should be beatable by the majority of people and the elite raid, they can make it as hard as they like. I play games to have fun, not get frustrated.
    • Like x 3
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Its hard. And its fun. Sometimes it can be a little frustrating, but not big deal.
    Ive been testing it today for a while.
    Early with pug groups. Out of 5 groups (i think) only 1 group beat the first boss and then disbanded at the second.
    After that, i run it with league mates and we beat the first boss at first try. Second boss we struggle a little until we figured out the best (at least for us) way to do it. And then we wiped and wiped and wiped over and over again at Darkseid. When we finally knew what to do (i mean...the right way), it was late and people had to leave. We didnt beat it, we were close. But i really enjoyed the (long) run.
    Its been a while since we got a raid like this. And its understandable, weve been getting easy raids for a long time. People are not used to this kind of things. It reminds me (kinda) the jump from T4 to T5 Nexus/Paradox.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.