Batman vs Superman Style Items

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SingingTurnip, May 13, 2016.

1. SingingTurnip Active Player

Why are you treating paying and none paying gamers like this?
    I really don't understand...because if it was the actual cause of this then why wait until now to say something?

Why not say on Twitter that it was the issue when I and others asked about it time and time again?

I was excited when I heard DCUO was coming to Xbox One and got more excited when I could actually play it. Since then I have been less excited because all you have been bothered about is the state of USA servers...you told me on Twitter that we would have the Name validation issue sorted in the week of the 3rd May, you even made a post to say so https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-all-game-versions.272561/page-4#post-3680075 ...yet we are still waiting.

Now you remove items most of us were saving up to purchase with ZERO warning of them being removed, and even stated on Twitter that they were here to stay. Also, if it was indeed a licensing issue then surely you should remove the items entirely and refund players??

So I'm sorry but I kinda think this is an excuse to fob us off.
    • Like x 2
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Or being broke or adulting! I should just spend all my money on games! I don't need electricity or internet, right? :O RIGHT?

In a more serious note, I'm am saddened by this fact, actually was going to get them. If there is a licensing issue, I know it's not in anyone's control. But dang, it does bite.
  3. SingingTurnip Active Player

You need the internet to play DCUO :p
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

:O

Hmmm... Wonder how long starbucks or mcD would be before I get kicked out...
    • Like x 3
  5. SnowStar Committed Player

I too was hoping to buy these. I hope this can be sorted. If it is some license issue I hope those imposing it come to their senses as this is fairly confidence-shattering. Reputation is important.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

It's not that simple in a copyright debate, which is what this appears to be with Supergirl moving to CW, owned by CBS and WB and WB owning almost all DC rights etc. etc.

Someone is seeing a "technical" copyright or deal breach and is working to resolve it, as with all these things they can take time and whether they resolve themselves at all is the question, it also comes down to how much the parties involve genuinely care.

Daybreak would have had no choice but to comply, so it isn't a fob off, it's just a cold hard fact.

The customer is stuck in the middle and ultimately pays the price for it, but such is the world we live in where copyright and intellectual property rights are protected with extreme vigor.
    • Like x 2
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i"ll be honest think kinda upset's me, as for the first time in a long time i got a job, a full time and i get paid friday, i really wanted to get some of those BVS posters. this just sucks well ty for the news.
  8. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

So, safe to say, we're not getting the logo pack if we already don't have it, huh?

Fantastic.
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

So basically screwed by the lawyers for the foreseeable future.
  10. metalfenix Committed Player

Can we get the classic batman, superman (and maybe flash) comics logos at least? Ugh, it's incredible that in an official DC game we have these issues (I know, I know, these are from the movies, but still....)
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Releasing the movie emblem pack was one of the better moves made for the game in terms of the license, I do admit that. Even though I already got my emblem pack I do hope they can work it out so that other players can get them. I'd really like to see others have access to that again.
    • Like x 3
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The DC movie division seems to be under some sort of restructuring.

Could that be in part why the Emblems and Posters are no longer available???:eek:

;);)
  13. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

I didn't even think of this. Either way, it still sucks that we're caught in the middle of WB's corporate incompetence, if that's the case.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Can't blame you for not thinking of this.
    I did not even know of it until a few minutes ago.
    Just saw the Geoff John's and restructuring announcement .
  15. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

I actually stumbled upon the story for it this morning, and didn't even put two and two together.

It's just so weird, we have a game that has DC logos and characters all over, but there's copyright legalese that prevents us from using those logos some ways? So strange.

Sometimes, I wonder if the game wouldn't be better without the DC branding.
    • Like x 1
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

Its just money. DC doesn't really care if we make characters, in a DC Universe game, that look like iconic characters.

As I've pointed out a million times: you can have exact iconic symbols on... diapers, Slurpee cups, t-shirts (all clothing), stickers, rings and other jewelry, etc.

I mean, really? Just about any object ever made can be sold with any of the iconic symbols or images, but not in a game based on DC characters?

L
    O
    L
    • Like x 4
  17. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Your prediction may end up coming true if they end up as the mystery prize in the upcoming Booster Bundle. :eek:
    • Like x 1
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

I might actually die laughing if those emblems showed up in the stream tonight. I'm so glad my wife just went through CPR training for the Girl Scouts so she can save me.
    • Like x 3
  19. Backseid Devoted Player

Ha!

My actual Booster prediction is quite scary!
    • Like x 1
  20. Backseid Devoted Player

I'd like to get CPR training for Girl Scouts.