game crashing constantly

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gruntsmith, May 2, 2016.

1. gruntsmith Level 30

the game will run for about 2 minutes before it freezes and makes a loud buzzing noise.
  2. gruntsmith Level 30

game stopped freezing after daily maintenance...too bad i have to leave for work now that it's finally working
  3. danpen98 Level 30

To start with have you tried to restart the game?
  4. gruntsmith Level 30

Yes, I restarted the game several times. Within 1 minute, the game would just freeze after I selected my character. I had a 2nd character that wouldn't freeze the game, only my main character caused the issue. The daily maintenance seemed to have fixed the issue, but I had to leave for work by the time the servers were back on
  5. WinningAxe New Player

This happens to me aswell!
    It happens when I use my 1st Character
    When I Use Others it doesn't happen
    My Main is level 23 And I don't wanna restart!
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Are you in South Gotham??? Or is your character Linkdead??

There on PS/PC the game crashes when you are in South Gotham making your character Linkdead.
    And then the game crashes again if you try to log in with your Linkdead character.

Might be something similar??
  7. gruntsmith Level 30

I do believe I was in gotham, but I warped rally to run in burnley safehouse at one point. Then i warped hq, which didn't help either. I switched from ps4, so I the strange errors that can happen in game lol
  8. Lightws Dedicated Player

This is a issue that occurs on the PS3 a lot. You need to make sure to restart your game every couple of hours. The more you play it the more the game will be prone to crash/freeze. So if you play for 3 or more hours make sure to restart the entire game. Maybe even the system to be on the safe side. Until they fix this issue.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mantoe Well-Known Player

Started a new character on Xbox to try it out, it's the same as PS4,PC, PS3, the only difference is the login queue, there was login of over 8000 but that has been reduced with recent updates, the server has super lag on it, where sometimes your attacking adds but nothing is happening no damage absolutely nothing, then you walk away and they die. On some of the side quests it gives you and asks to kill a certain amount of adds say ten the count will stop at nine and say that you still need to finish it but will not close out even though you killed 50 of them, if you have completed the main quest it will finally count as it being completed. Then there is the all popular DISCONNECT problem, where for no reason you get kicked completely off the game, love that DC brought this one over, all in all it's ok same as the rest of the consoles.
  10. WinningAxe New Player

I already made a support ticket... No answer
    Forum Post... No Help
    This problem with my Main Hero is starting to get me on my nerves...
    I don't want to restart my progress with another Character yet.
  11. danpen98 Level 30

I understand how you feel, but they will help you as soon as, they can im sure!
  12. gruntsmith Level 30

I wouldn't delete the character. I assumed there would be hiccups with porting a game on a new console. I'm also confident that this will be fixed, because my year of experience from ps4 taught me the devs care about this game. Disregard the negativity some people spread. Play on that 2nd character that is working. You're in for a good time if you stick around in this game. Trust this random stranger on the internet lol
  13. WinningAxe New Player

I Shall xD lol
  14. SideShowFr3ak New Player

Game crashes every time i try to join or leave a mission or area
  15. G0DR3AP3R New Player

Does this game crash a lot? I just started playing, about a week now. & would like to purchase the membership but it crashes a lot. Also when I select my player. It stays loading for waaay too long. Have to turn off my Xbox and sometimes it doesn't work. So I see it like pointless to buy the membership if it does this a lot. Waste of money if you ask me.
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Another thread, another necro.

If it's an issue relating to Xbox, you're better off submitting a ticket or making an updated thread.
  17. Endorolf New Player

Yep, still freezes. They really need to update their servers.