Is DCUO Killing off the Tank and Troller roles?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheArmorsmith, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

True but it used to take a lot longer to outgear something. Prime still had SOME challenge until the start of t6. FOS2 was tough through the t4 and didn't become cake until t5. Now content is outgeared the day it's released

• Like x 1
  2. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I agree
    • Like x 1
  3. Backseid Devoted Player

Lol. Either I'm too "OP", or the game really has become easy mode. I've played it again, and still its all over before I see any thing even resembling mechanics. Its just sit back and watch Crystal pew pew.

Then again, I didn't even know Steppin Wolf was in there :eek:
    • Like x 2
  4. CS2016 Committed Player

wait theres mechanics in the new duo :eek:
    • Like x 5
  5. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

It sure feels like dps online.
  6. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Yes its called "punch 'em in the face".
  7. Lionxoft Committed Player

Crystal takes care of the fight before it starts. It's still pretty crazy how powerful pets are. It's been quite a long time now.
    • Like x 2
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I'd definitely like to see the role-less buff get removed from the game before it launches on XB.
    • Like x 1
  9. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Pets are our AM. They're supposed to hit hard.
  10. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Controllers need to be more beneficial in terms of CC, meanwhile debuffs could use an overhaul anywhere from group debuffs, stronger debuffs, stackable debuffs, maybe more mechanics in content that require debuffs.

Tanks could use defense buffs for the team maybe tied to damage buff, along with more need of cleanses, that way once overgeared and dropping a tank will still see an increase in difficulty.
    • Like x 3
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

Why can't these "vulnerabilities" be a weakness to stuns, or environmental AOEs that make the adds go down faster if you have a Tank or controller handy to stun/debuff the enemies to exploit said "Vulnerabilities"?(As in in group content running with roles can increase the burn... Sad thing is I think maybe this game would have been a fair bit better if it took a page or two out of TF2 in regards to rolls... Imagine if Healers had something like Ubercharge to help push through the toughest chokepoints of adds, Controllers taking a page from the Engineer and being able to set up turrets, respawn points, and traps in addition to their usual power return and CC abilities, Tanks of course would still be the bait/first guy in to take most of the Heat, and the DPS should be a glass cannon as per usual...)
    • Like x 1
  12. Minnion Devoted Player

And what has Daybreak been doing to discourage this? Have they been trying to balance the support roles so more people feel that they are worth playing? Have they been balancing Solo content around the abilities of the non-DPS roles? What about instances where you are partied up with an NPC so that you can practice healing, returning power, and tanking without the pressure of other players yelling at you for making a mistake or not doing things "their way"? What about scoreboards that don't rank players purely by DPS?
    • Like x 2
  13. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Well said
    • Like x 1
  14. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Remember when they buffed prime and everyone was getting one shotted by the tentacles cause no one believe in blocking or mechanics. So many ppl complain to nerf it back down. Sad thing is there was a lot low level player doing a lot better than high levels at that time.
    Me personally I still want t3-t4 raids to be T7-T8 elite raids or at least SM. If they made a elite T7 version of Inner Sanctum I would be happy as well
    • Like x 1
  15. The Doctor Loyal Player

Please stop saying to remove the role less buff. That's ridiculous. It helps the match making process speed up and let's me run pretty much anything with three friends instead of having to pug and leave someone out. It's also extremely valuable in LPVE.
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Heck yeah.
    • Like x 1
  17. Lionxoft Committed Player

Have they reduced the pet damage? I haven't noticed a difference and at one point they did say it was NWAI.
    • Like x 1
  18. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Question........

What is a tank?
    • Like x 2
  19. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I like this idea.
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have a solution to the problem, remove roleless buffs in alerts. That right that will improve the need for Tanks, Trolls, and Healers.
    • Like x 1