Message to all healers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Aggro is like this
    1.Tank - Any power
    2. Who's done the most damage if no tank. Healers are never targeted.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Braniacs spike one shot I believe is actually scripted to do max damage even while blocking. There's been times I haven't blocked and took as much damage as if I was blocking.
  3. seek76 Committed Player

Can I ask something? So if a healer spams, they can hit number 2 on the agro chart? Correct?
    What will put a troll number 2 on the agro chart? Is there anything that will cause it?
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Exactly
  5. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

That's why I like my sorcery in alerts and duos. Tap triangle to get fury started, then block. Aggro goes to fury ;)
  6. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

I've seen healers that didn't heal themselves. All the time. It's more common than you think.
  7. Azreaus Committed Player

Quote from my post to re-iterate my point since you obviously didn't get it....

"A DPS will only gain aggro on a NPC that he/she is actively attacking so if they generate more damage based aggro than a Healer can generate Heal based aggro (and even a useless DPS should be able to manage that) it will be higher in the NPC's hate table so the NPC will switch to him/her if Tank drops aggro"
  8. dcuobestmmo Committed Player

Only 1 thing you were wrong about. Not all heals heal healer
  9. Azreaus Committed Player

Forgot to put Trolls in the list (dang-nabbit!!) generally a DPS will generate aggro at a faster rate than a Healer will, a Healer will only be no2 on a hate table if the NPC in question hasn't been attacked/damaged by any DPS
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Cura te ipsum.
    • Like x 3
  11. TheDeuce Well-Known Player

So...

So throw a heal and
    JUMP, JUMP, JUMP
    That AOE will make ya...

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I must've been doing it wrong then because Im always targeted no matter if the tank is there or not, sans scripted attacks.
  13. Lightws Dedicated Player

Um no DPS aren't they're third. For instance if the tank dies the first person the boss etc. hits would be the healer unless someone has yielded more aggro aka doing more dps then the healing can pull aggro. So if you're in SM for instance and the other tank holding the boss on the other side of the room dies. That boss comes after the healer. Because they yield more aggro naturally. The only way the DPS gets on the aggro charts is by pushing out more dps which would only be on the target that would be focused on. So if multiple bosses the healer pulls aggro more then DPS. If a single target the DPS will pull more. That is how the aggro chart works.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

People are really talking about two different subjects. The one subject is if the tank dies who is next.... I would agree it is usually dps. The other subject is if adds/trash mobs spawn...they almost always go after the healer or controller. The dps have not had an opportunity to attack them yet, so they go after the healer and controller because they are are going to have the highest hate because they are hitting everyone with a heal or power.

Its just two different conversations here... I will say I get hit harder with lasers when I am a healer versus when I play my dps.
  15. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Who knows. I've never been in an alert or raid. Where the tank goes down, and I'm the next target. It's always the top dps. Same as when I'm running 2 DPS alerts. The top DPS is always the target. Not me.
  16. Dibrie Committed Player

One bang sir .. One bang xD
    • Like x 1
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

By preparing a HoT to go off while you are blocking then setting up a shield before you block so you can mitigate most of the damage even after you block it OR using a SC shield like CG that will mitigate 75% of the damage so you can ignore the block and use a HoT?
  18. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

I do that after the BBS change. I pop my shield and keep healing. I never block.
    • Like x 1
  19. Cyro Committed Player

Woah i can heal myself?!? why wasnt i told, we healers only use heals that heal other people not ourselves we should start using those special heals that heals the group AND ourselves. Thank you for bringing this to light we healers will henceforth use heals that heal ourselves as well. This is a brand new day for we the healing community no more will we be forced to heal ourselves through sodas and supplies, with the knowledge we can actually heal with our own powers. This truly is eye opening.

[IMG]
  20. Dack Man Level 30

I've been healing since day one and I've never used a healer that didn't heal me too.