victory is pointless

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by stärnbock, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The comic book as we know it today, has been around since the early part of the last century. The hero story goes back to the earliest humans drawing pictures on cave walls. And you are only just noticing this never ending cycle now?.

There have been movies and books that have explained the why's of this. Sadly it's usually the bad guy of the stories that tells it (the Matirx for example), so people tend not to listen.

We need conflict, strife and evil, of any kind. Without them there is nothings, no drive, no desire, no reason to go beyond, simply boredom.

The stories we tell need a good and a bad. If the good can easily defeat and end the bad there is no conflict and the story dies. But if the bad is powerful enough to live to fight another day, the story can continue and we need the story to continue.

So enough of the logical philosophy stuff. If we were able to just finish off all the enemies, there would be no one left to fight and the game would then end. Now what fun would that be?
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

if i where darkside, i would order steppenwolf, kalibak and mantis to fake a defeat, only to get caprured into the leguehalls prison cells, where they could rest and prepair themselves for a last stand, spying on our super powers, how to use exobytes and after a month or three i would take them out with boomtubes, revealing the secrets of the exobytes and after finding a way to neglet the effects of them and using it against the enemy. immagine a scene where darkside ignorss the thank with an aggro dump, telling u something like "u must be the tank of this group, i have to ignore u and find out hwos trolling me and spends the mana for the healer! may it be the quantum user? or the mental one?" and springs right into the rest of the group, because he knows how our group mechanics work... and suddently, our heroes would need to find out a new way to defeat darkside (oh, please not in any way similar to how we defeated nekron: after a spectacular fight in wich we whitnessed the death of all lanterns and their resurection by us after we were just standin somewhere in block for MINUTES, made a coffee break, checked our emails, just for the white energy mist to spawn, someone would then inform the group through voice channel or teamspeak that the fourth mist was in the battery and that its time to start the actual fight. and that was it, that was the end of a great storyline, and boring to play...)
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

permadeath in a dc game.... ok. [IMG]
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Haha that made my day!!
    • Like x 2
  5. Senko Committed Player

Actually I could see it being done. If you don't mind a bit of fiddling they could tie it to the elite PP so as long as the elite version is unlocked the iconic's in your leaguehall cell. Less fiddly when they release new content part of the "update could be the previous one's iconic being in the league hall jails till they escape on the new cycle.
    • Like x 1
  6. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Actually, I know two heroines that are captured and one is never rescued by heroes.

Supergirl is captured by villains and heroes have to save her.

Power Girl is captured by villains and no hero EVER saves her.

So some iconics are taken down...

See? Leave KARA ALONE!

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stop-making-kara-the-enemy-please.271917/

LOL... :p
    • Like x 1
  7. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I know him too. He was trolling my RP channel and telling everyone he could kill us all, if we ever phase to PVP. He called himself I believe, "The People's Badguy." So yeah, we all had a laugh in channel, since we don't PVP, and don't plan on it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I Really Want owlman so why not i say :p
  9. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I would happily RP with him, if he would stop trolling our chats and calling us PC Peons, or stuff. In other words, if he called out my character and not me, as Owlman, I would happily RP with him.

Still not going to PVP for him though. :p
    • Like x 1
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Dude, DS9 FTW.
    • Like x 1
  11. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Not more then me haha
  12. Guy Streakerson Level 30

All we need now is a "Sisko Mode" buff to our powers!
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

You may want more of a Disney's Fable ending for these stories...
    The thing about happily ever after is there are no more stories "worth telling".

Daybreak would "need" to "close the book" on the Heroes that got their happy ending.
    Ex: Superman saved Earth. Bye Superman, "live in peace" (no more Superman stories).

Bottom Line: Each story would literally need to have a brand new casts of characters. So yeah, if you want to see reoccurring Heroes or Villains, then, they need to reoccur.
  15. Vesper Dedicated Player

The League Hall duo has exactly that. You go into the Holding Cells part of your League hall, and all of your holding cells are filled up. Each cell has 3 of the enemies you've been after for a long time, all trying to bust out. Stomp all of them until the last cell, which is holding an iconic that you have defeated before, like Huntress or Queen Bee.
  16. Controller Devoted Player

LOL I should've known that an "Owlman" would probably have a toon in the game:D

No offense meant.

I was talking about THIS Owlman, though

• Like x 2
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Im talking about iconics being in the cells at all times in our halls. Not random adds and then 1 iconic in a duo.
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I remember him. Hope he's well
    • Like x 1
  19. Vesper Dedicated Player

So the game has nothing like exactly what you said you wanted. Except that it does. Except that now you change the rules about what you said you wanted.

This is called a "One True Scotsman" ploy.

I bid you good day.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Whatever. Ive posted before in a few other threads about wanting iconic bosses we defeat locked up in our halls and they are always there. Ive posted this numerous times. Its like u are trying to start a problem. And no 1 iconic boss inside an instance in a jail cell that opens and u fight them is not the same as having iconics locked up in your league hall. Smh.