Seriously, 7 minutes for membership, and almost 20 minutes for premium?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NuclearQueen, Apr 17, 2016.

1. DarthJafo Committed Player

I have 4 toons I do regularly. One does t7 stuff, one does battle for Earth duos, one does God, and the last (troller) does whatever he can at t7 when I get a partner to stay in duos. I HATE gadgets dps. I do most of this early morning before work

After work I do legends pve and alerts. Switching on each one to do legends adds a pointless and unnecessary wait.

I still don't understand how adding content can cripple login. It's not like we've seen a massive spike in new members.
  2. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

That has to be my only problem with it, switching alts. Like you're playing a new alt and league needs you for something, they're all waiting a good 5 minutes or so for you. If it was just a one time wait thing upon first login it really wouldn't bother me. I get why the devs are doing it tho so just gotta soldier on.
  3. DarkB Well-Known Player

I am legendary and wait 4 min, that is nothing if it will work. When I go, I have lag even in my duos, and my mechanics are paralyzed in a half to testing with sparring partners.
  4. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Has the server limitation number increased since the merge between PC/PS? It should increase. It would be nice to have tons of people to play with especially on the villains side.. Im not referring to Q'ing up. I mean actually people in LFG. Q'ing up is for last minute or being desperate and LFG is for more smoother runs..
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The number has decreased, temporarily, for this week as we sort out the server stability issues.
    • Like x 1
  6. NuclearQueen Active Player

Thanks for the info Mepps (And the other people who were kind enough to actually answer my question)
  7. akaivy Dedicated Player

Okay I'm sorry. I don't want to be one of THOSE people but I find myself in that position at this time. It's gotten so that I can even hardly play the game. I get on, wait to queue, and then I and I start doing something and I get kicked out. I know you're having stability issues I sympathize with that but I have issues too. One of those issues is that I have not been able to play, yet I'm going to have to spend marks to replenish items base mod items. Granted 7 marks is not that much but it is when I can't play to earn more. It's just a little frustrating. Not asking this to be a permanent solution but if you can please extend our base mod items deadline I would appreciate it and I'm sure others would too. In addition you can extend our Trinket spa 3 times as well
    • Like x 3
  8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Probably took some servers offline to tweak or some such and to set up the Xbox server platform for the incoming Xbox One DCUO-nians. Whats left is tweaking and stress testing the pc and ps players with what servers are left, who knows. Could be why the wait time we're dealing with now.

...And it could be used as a marketing strat. "Our game is so huge and wildly popular... players have to wait in que to play"
  9. NuclearQueen Active Player

Mepps already explained earlier in the thread why this is happening. It's not a PR stunt.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

It's not a marketing stunt. It's the game is broken and they have a temporary fix until they find a proper solution. I'm not going to log in until it's fixed. People are still reporting disconnects after login which is a big waste of time
    • Like x 1
  11. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I just wish they would focus more of their energy on fixing this instead of whatever they are doing on the xbox. It seems like they cannot focus on more than one task at a time....Cross play took all the attention and now xbox... The part they are not understanding is the problems we have currently, forget the stability of the servers but all the other issues will cause many people to lose interest in the game, that are new to it. Such as being able to level to the end of the game in less than a week and be bored because SP aren't important enough yet....or the fact that the game is only dps.
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

am I the only one who isn't noticing a huge login wait? I mean, granted, maybe it's due to my time of day online, being 'the middle of the ******* night', but still...

additionally, though I did run into a 3 minute queue time a couple nights ago, I didn't notice any requeue time when switching between my alts (which I was doing with the rapidity of squirrel movement in order to consolidate some cashish towards my Fire Tank's radiant orange...)

at any rate, my condolences?
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Game will continue to be dps oriented. It's not team based. You have SM for team based content.

All other content is dps oriented as that is part of their business model
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Mepps 3 times today my screen just freezes then im kicked off the game and get the "u must start the game from the launchpad 0x3309 error." Wth is this? Why is this happening? Because then with the long queue its a huge pain in the butt.
  15. Minnion Devoted Player

Hasn't it been stated before that the model is flawed? I still think this game would be better if they put some time into balancing the rest of the roles and not just DPS... (As in I believe that the Imbalance between the rest of the roles in DPS is a key factor in why some people have decided to leave, and why so many chose to play DPS)
  16. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

No I am not noticing anything real differences unless I try to cue after 5 pm EST here otherwise switching and running content has been fairly seamless
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

I don't think they have the budget for other roles. Which is why their adjustments got put on the shelf. I think they used too many resources on dps than they anticipated and other resources are going to xb1 and new content
  18. akaivy Dedicated Player

I've been doing housekeeping feats. Gathering bits, crafting, solos for salvage items, vault visits, stuff that won't make me angry if I get kicked off. I was trying to do legends pve stuff, but kept getting kicked out of the game, so I stopped that.
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, I mean, unless they've ease up the server restrictions, I waqs on tonight from 7:30 CST until 10, only disconnected once and no queue times.