Assigned roles? Who says? You?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alba Eclipta, Apr 15, 2016.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

I use LFG and never blind queue unless its a duo or content way behind me. That way i shout for the roles i want and if someone refuses to play the role i asked them to in the run then they will be kicked. Its a pretty simple solution to this problem. Its like some players are terrified of LFG for whatever reason. I have said it b4, i will never understand how people blind queue for new content or content that requires certain roles, meaning maybe u need 2 tanks or 2 healers. When u form thru LFG there is an understanding among most that if i form it and shout for a troll and u respond then your playing troll. If we are doing say PZr and have a nature healer and we all agree we dont needa troll then ok switch to dps if u want. If the person says id rather troll then thats ok too. LFG means u can form the group u want, on duty queue means u are at the mercy of the queue and get what u get. Seems like an obvious choice to me.

As for being locked into a role? NO. People paid for their armories. I have 18 armories across 5 toons. U wanna lock me into my role? Then u can give me back the $100 i paid for those armories ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Minnion Devoted Player

Crazy idea time: Vote to enforce role switch. Basically if you queue in as someone who is willing to play both roles, and the group wants you to heal/troll/tank instead of DPS they can force you into your "Support Stance" by putting it to a vote, at which point you are stuck in whatever role the group believes they need most... (You can opt out of being subjected to this by simply not clicking both check-boxes when selecting which role you want to play, and only clicking the checkbox for the role you're actually willing to play.)
    • Like x 2
  3. Backseid Devoted Player

Na. That, again, goes against our freedom to switch and play however we like.

This all really comes down to Pugging. Ya get what ya get. Pretty much a non issue from that respect.

Make your own groups, or kick a person that's being disruptive. Thats it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

Oh we would still have the freedom to switch, I was just thinking that we should be "Held to our word" when queuing with the enforced role toggle flicked on...
  5. Captin Raptor Well-Known Player

Yeah having to vote to let someone switch roles, mid boss battle, when one or more players go down, and your team is already short handed sounds like an awesome idea. I personally cant see any downside whatsoever. Lets get this done devs
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

I think the only real answer is to remove the feature of queuing as a role altogether. Then there can be no expectations.
  7. TheDeuce Well-Known Player

If you want to play with stacked dps, turn ON the role optional enabler button. Fine. No problem with that. BUT ONLY QUEUE AS A DPS AND WAIT HOWEVER LONG IT IS GOING TO TAKE TO FIND A GROUP OF LIKE MINDED PLAYERS.

However, I have the Role Optional Enabler button toggled to OFF. Yes, my Queue time will be shorter...being in a PUG group with me is a privilege, not your right. I only want to be Free to Play My Way, with roles.

PS: Why is the DCUO motto filtered out on the forum. The words cut out in the line above are Play, My and Way.