Vendor gear = best gear is the worst idea ever

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Apr 14, 2016.

1. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Dude, T4 vendor gear has ALWAYS been level 78. Go run Gates. There's not a single item in Gates that's over level 78, and there NEVER EVER has been lol. I equipped some pieces all right. But that's only because I was only around the bare minimum required CR when I first ran it with with a few who weren't even at the minimum required CR. That's how easy Gates was. But then I eventually replaced it with T4 vendor gear because there was NOTHING better than the T4 vendor gear until Hand of Fate with the exception of the Prime helm.
    • Like x 1
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

When best gear was in vendor content scaled off vendor and wasn't a cake walk on day 1. After Af2 and content was scaled off of 3Rd best gear all raids became a complete joke which helped further increase the population deficit and officially made 5-1-1-1 a community standard.
    • Like x 1
  3. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

As far as weapons being in vendors is concerned, the only weapons that were actually in vendors at the time were the Central City ones. That was it. Not until AF 1 came along did they start putting weapons in all the vendors like we see now. They only started putting weapons in vendors because of those who complained about never getting a good weapon that they actually wanted to use to drop for them.
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

FOS 1,2 I have seen groups wipe repeatedly at the front door let alone get to the bridge in full t4 gear trying to carry 2-3 others.

I remember shortly after T5 hit people were still scared to go into South Gotham Courthouse without a healer and most definitely needed a Troll.

Maybe those 16 players who beat SM when it was difficult struggled very little, most couldn't get the speed feat in Khandaq.

Those that started after OC was nerfed don't know what the game was really like.

Meh, they would have quit or probably came back after the Great Nerf of DCuo.

There really was no need to nerf everything, even the Pingbot couldn't beat Capt Kruel now and would wow and drool at the Capt dreaming of his OP days.

Sad really, and it was not really necessary to nerf it all either.

Not everybody is comfortable paying for a sub, or buy into the game and maintain the sense of being alone superhero/villain with no Tutorial or somebody to mentor them.

Pug groups were horrible back then,....
  5. xCelestialgirlx Active Player

I do want to have 3 months content again but for the reason that I'd like to feel the progression, also have open world, bounties, events and more time for the devs to breath and fix stuff right.
    But the Best gear and OP gears from contents is fine. There's no need to change that. You either get lucky or you don't. But you have good vendor gears, AND also another reason to keep doing contents. To get those rare stuff. Because it is fun to be lucky and awesome to have something rare most could never have. I don't understand people want to change that, they will get even more bored for doing contents. Just like chasing styles, feats, OP and elite gears are important and give a reason for players to play.

The game is fine! I agree with you. I would like people stop changing everything. I like how it is.
  6. Minnion Devoted Player

We would get the new rare styles for the feats, Pricing would be key of course... Odds are the vendor gear would be priced high enough that you would have to farm every piece of content we can get marks from every day for a month to complete a set without replays...

As for raid loot, maybe they would have to be creative? Styles everyone wants? Epic hard to do feats that are basically impossible without a full set of the best gear? Raid exclusive mods? Special pets? Cool new lair items?
  7. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Dude, I was there before Battle for Earth was released. There were groups getting FoS 2 done in 30 minutes easy. The day Prime was released, groups were managing to get the speed feat while still wearing some T2 gear. Gates was by far the easiest raid ever released that saw players several CR under the minimum required CR getting it done weekly. And the speed feat for Kahndaq was actually really easy to get at the time. I got it easily early on in a pug group as I knew no one at the time and was pugging everything. How can you say most couldn't get the Khan speed feat when, in actual fact, most actually WERE getting the Khan speed feat on a fairly regular basis. And the pengbot? Don't make me laugh. I had 0 problems with the Pengbot when I first encountered him about 4 years ago when I started on my T2 gear. All that stuff was actually quite easy. It was definitely a lot easier than all the groups I still see struggling in BN lol. There's still 150+ CR groups who are still struggling with HH, lol, and Kahndaq was definitely a lot easier than even HH. I actually almost want to laugh at those who found Kahn to be hard when it was actually one of the easiest raids ever and still remains as such. Kahn was not a struggle for even below average players then lol.
  8. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

They tried to do this in HoP I though and the community lost their minds. Then they tried to half-heartedly do with with Symbols and the community complained. You get what you whine for right?

That being said it would be great if each cycle had it's own mark, which I'm sure is what they said when they tried to do it lol
  9. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

t5 had its own unique mark

and followed the exact system you just described.

[IMG]

Also best time and when the game when ultimately down hill was post amazonian fury 2. I still stand by throne lab and halls being the best things this game accomplished.
  10. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

This feels more like a brag post than anything contributing to the discussion because

A- khandaq was changed, and stats weren't the same.
    B- fos 2 was still not a 30 minute thing for the game at large in t4, mainly because it wasn't just about raw stats but the bridge that killed many runs.
    C- Happiness home (at least I think you're referring to) easy or not is still a pretty bad raid. I felt accomplished when I beat throne the 2nd day of dlc. I felt bored when I saw that HH was trying to be throne 2 with just slapping more unclear bosses in.
    It was really simple once you looked up online what the bosses tells were. (like zoom, who everyone ever hates fighting)
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

How many T1 PvE sets were there? (trick question, T1 at launch or after they removed the mentor prerequisite?)

ok, T7 has too many sets. imho.
    I'm on board with best CR set being from a vendor per tier. I could enjoy the "chase" for a drop loot set with a chance of a gold/omnipotent/legendary rarity gear item dropping... if that gold item were a bad *** style. Repeating the content for the chance at that Omnipotent style should be expected, and for the chance of the drop style set+gold item. If you want the latest content to be more challenging, take off one or more pieces of gear... and pug it. Whether you tell the pug about your setup or not, it's up to you. Is that why some users do not use mods and/or base mods? I don't think so. Just an idea. I think most users would want to not spend a lot of time doing the content for the 3-25th time, and appreciate that others would be equipped to more or less max role performance.
  12. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

A-Kahndaq early on was really easy for most groups and most groups were getting the speed feat in it in relatively low level gear no less. That's early on, as in 4 years ago, when I was starting to run it, not now with the CR differential. Kahndaq has ALWAYS been a really easy raid, easier by far than any of the raids today even with the exception of maybe PBR. Seriously, Kahndaq 4 years ago was actually easier for most groups than BN is today for most groups lol.

B-FoS 2 may not have been a 30 minute thing for the game at large, but that's only because of the bridge. Like I said, the ONLY thing remotely hard about FoS 2 4 years ago was the bridge. Most groups were able to get past the first boss quite easily. Most groups were able to make it to the bridge no problem. The issue came with all the adds that spawned while carrying the crystal. That's what most groups couldn't handle. However, once groups managed to pass the bridge, they actually had no problem whatsoever getting to the end because there was quite literally nothing else hard or challenging about FoS 2.

C-HH, as easy as I think it actually is, is actually harder for most groups today than Kahndaq was for most groups 4 years ago. There's full 150+ CR groups that are still failing in HH today lol. 4 years ago, most players, even undergeared ones, were more than able to get Kahndaq done each and every week.

Call it a brag post if you want. But I'm sick of people with their rose colored glasses saying content in the past was actually harder than content is today, which simply is not really true at all. Kahndaq, Outer, and FoS 1 were actually EASIER for most groups 4 years ago than a lot of the raids we see today are for most groups today. Gates was by far the easiest raid ever put out when BfE was released and even with the ease of PBR it still holds that title. There were groups where at least half the group was at least 5 CR BELOW the minimum required CR to even queue for Gates who were finishing it weekly. I was in a few of those groups myself. Yes, content was actually that easy. It's simply not true at all that content in the past really was harder. Relatively speaking, difficulty of content just has not changed. Content will be hard for some and easy for others. It's always been that way, and it will always be that way. What's different about today is how much easier it now is to carry players with how the CR differential is. I bet there's some players out there who can actually solo HH now at 164 CR if the run I did yesterday with just 2 other pugs is any indicator lol.
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Your experience is certainly your experience, but it was not the same for everyone.

I remember groups who couldn't get past the Vases in Khandaq. Really. I remember groups who took an extra 15 minutes to properly stack the Vases because they didn't have the burn to take down the adds before they killed the rock. I remember people falling over the side and being eaten by zombies during the first boss fight. I remember people unable to hit switches at the same time. I remember people 'holding hands' at the gate of the Black Adam fight to glitch the door because they couldn't survive his Giganta phase or his Zatanna phase.

Your experience is totally valid. Just remember that everyone else's is too. :)
    • Like x 5
  14. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Not saying it was the same for everyone. However, most groups were finishing Kahn regularly in relatively sub par gear. That's definitely what I do remember. There were certainly more groups finishing Kahn in sub par gear 4 years ago than there are 140+ groups finishing HH today, and 140+ is a bit more than sub par gear as far as HH is concerned lol. I'm just tired of everyone and their rose colored glasses claiming that content was so much harder in the past than it is today, which simply is not true. I have forgotten nothing of the difficulty 4 years ago, and as far as difficulty between then and now is concerned, it feels exactly the same. Content difficulty isn't the actual issue of the game. The issue is deeper than that and goes beyond content difficulty. Content depth is a much greater concern to me than content difficulty. Game needs more depth and imagination in my book. Kahn, the BC raids, the FoS raids, Prime. Those had depth of story that is lacking today and didn't all fit the same old 3 boss mold we see in every duo, alert, and raid today.
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

Were you here from T1-T4 ? Doesn't seem like you were...
    • Like x 4
  16. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

When best Gear was in the vendor you only had raids to get marks from in order to buy them. For example for T4 you had gates and prime and that was it no solo no duos no alerts. So the best gear STILL CAME FROM RAIDS!!! Everyone forgets that fact when they say best gear needs to be in the vendor but forgets that running raids was the only way to get vendor gear. I personally hated the T4 days because it took 4-5 weeks worth or raids to purchase a single piece of gear.
  17. lanternknight Committed Player

Vendor gear was the best. People complained about being ninja looted because the raid or alert drops were step bellow the vendor gear. T1 vendor gear was the best gear compared to the alert drops. T2 vendor gear was better than the drops from Batcave and Khandaq. If you actually played the game back in the old days you would know all this. You works the drops gears were supplemental gear until you got the vendor gear. That's why people got upset for getting ninja looted.

And don't count the green gear that had low stats except for certain stats. Ex: Glass cannons. That is why vendor was the best. Higher all around stats.
  18. lanternknight Committed Player

Really? You earned the marks to buy the Vendor gear that was the best gear. THE VENDOR GEAR WAS THE BEST. Gates dropped you a step down from the t4 vendor gear. Prime dropped you the best weapon. Because each tier raid back then dropped the best weapons, rings, and necks. That along with earning marks is why you ran the raids.

Taking 4 to 5 weeks to earn a piece was fine. Way better than this crap that is going on now. People spamming replays to level up in a couple of days. Than complaining about being bored. While also asking for CRs for raids that only those that spammed replays would reach. Making it harder for those that aren't spamming to get into groups. This game has become garbage because of replays and best gear not being in the vendor. Unfortunately, this game will never return to its glory days.

Replay spamming has control over the game and devs. Which is shown by having monthly content. Only the spammers benefit from monthly content.
  19. Kenshin Level 30

Is anyone else having issues with not getting legendary after paying for it??
  20. Doctor Nova Devoted Player