Dcuo community! Which one Monthly or 3 Month cycle?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Replace one of the duos with open world solos or another alert
  2. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I really don't like the 3 month cycle because it makes it so most of the content created is just ignored.

However, I do miss having more alerts to complete. My favorite content to complete are alerts because I play a power that sucks in solos and duos, and I don't always want to create a raid group. Alerts are the most fun for me, and allow me to play them daily.

I miss daily open world content that I can complete while waiting on the queues of other content as well. I do not miss the bounties though because honestly it took too much work getting a group of people to complete the new genesis one. People didn't stick around new genesis long enough to really get random people to kill it, and I felt like I annoyed my league, always asking for help to complete the feat.

The part I can see people miss is enjoying their drops a bit more, I cannot say this because I rarely get lucky enough to get the drops, so constant content coming out makes me feel like I am progressing a bit more than the 3 month schedule. There is also not such a huge gap in cr between people this way.

I would much rather have a better progression system than just loot but until there is a major shift I like the 1 month content releases.
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This was my first thought.

Its a good bridge between the two. It gives more time for development and testing, it also gives a bit of space (less pressure) for players, making the gear grid less taxing. On the other side it keeps things close enough so there's only minor boredom time for those who rush through content
    • Like x 1
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

Why not replace one of the raids?
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

3 Month Gear with Best in Vendor.
    New Monthly Content with Increased Difficulty and Feats.
    Eliminate Elite as New Material is actually challenging.
  6. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

I personally enjoyed the quarterly release scedule by far. I'll take 1 week of initial instability once per 90 days over 1 week of instability every 30 days hands down. Not only that but imho the quality and depth of the content seemed better. The rush rush rush of these monthly cycles ruins any sense of game/storyline immersion for me. Lol, and the kicker is that the same folks pushed for this change who were spamming all their replays and complaining of boredom after the first month of the 90 day cycle are now doing exactly the same thing within the first week of the new 30 day cycle. However as much as I would enjoy it I really don't forsee them going back to the quarterly release scedule though, when they can now sell the amount of replays in the first week of every monthly release as they used to sell once every 3 months.
    When it boils down to it t's all about that $$$$.

TL;DR= I prefer quarterly all incusive dlc releases, but sadly I do not forsee them returning to it...
  7. krytine Loyal Player

You had said you beat all the raids in 1 day and so the monthly is better so again with you being a great beast monster of a dps you are so totally awesome that you beat these newer raids that are not as hard as they used to be but hey your great at everything and can solo everything two days after
    The game has in the last year or so has been nerf in the difficulty of the raids unlike how it used to be so after paradox wave they are epically easier then before so if the milliniums kids quit complaining on its to hard bosses hit to hard or too many adds or the mechanics suck it's again to hard that is why I have been saying to you and then there are those on test servers that learn everything about the raid beat it like it's nothing when it goes live but never mind all the work they put into it on test
  8. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Another issue I haven't seen many touch on, but all content usually have a glitch or two with it. With monthly they increase their load of fixing it for example. If you have issues that may take a month to fix then by the time a month roles around you may have another issue that may take a month or more.

That can add up meaning some issues will pile up and some be put on the back burning...as well as it limit your testing time as well. You'll have less time to have live testing from players and less time to adjust most changes becasue the player base will whine if you put things out later than a month like you promise. I suggested going back to 3 months but adding in a bunch of open world and smaller content as fillers.

This game needs most is fillers....even now during monthly there are no fillers and content is being blown through...which is making any content you do useless in the future. Most people cannot or will not enjoy you're hard work even if it lack quality its still involve a lot of hard work. Yes its cool to continue the story lines but remember this our characters are individuals....use that to progress our own story....right now we are progression the story of the main comic book characters which is cool...but that limits you more.

We Need fillers and stuff that progress our characters in-game growth as well are growth in progression. DCUO if I had to grade since Atomic drop is a D right not they are losing sight of themselves...Go back to root of the game....that is us our characters....;)
  9. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

All the have too do it take a page from Naruto (if you have seen it) and in between arks they have fillers...us open world as fillers so if you go back to 3 months then there is something to do that is the only complaint is that there was nothing to do during those months.....use the open world, use duos, solos, and alerts more....I looking at the solos and that's a damn shame really....they aren't promoting our characters enough on how important we are....as individuals. When we level up we can choose to be either in groups or solo it....nowadays its feel forced to be in groups. They need to what DC Comics does with their characters who joins the Justice League...yeah sure they do group mission but it was their solo work that got them there and continue to keep them there....
    • Like x 1
  10. Zlohsac Committed Player

I should specify. A timeline yes, but not a set one. Not, you must do this every 3 months. More like, next year you have to release X amount of updates/DLCs/episodes. The next year, it might be a different amount.

My point is, all i'm seeing is people making excuses why DCUO can't do this or DCUO can't do that.

But i'm telling you, i've witnessed it done better.
  11. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

3 Months DLC hands down...
    For one reason it would revitalize crafting exo based mods for armours.... no way I mod my armour monthly... grinding exos sucks, I prefer buying the mods.

Also content was more "rich" in terms of story and gameplay. Monthly DLC's packed with bugs and exploits are crap on my book.
  12. JeffEllis Committed Player

Seems to be a no-brainer to me. 3 month cycle allows for more creative design, testing and stability of DLCs. This 1 month cycle is buggy and creates rushed, half done content. I prefer vendor gear.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I'm sure there are ways that can make it better. The biggest would be hire a larger CS team. The downsize hurt. No devs were laid off, that I know of, from the actual development team of DCUO. Only people that were part of the corporate side. (Like Larry.) (Of course a few left later on their own.)

In DCUO's sense, they actually explained their game dev workflow back when WotLp1 was coming out. During that time, they said it took over a year from conception to release. There are a lot of steps involved. It's not an excuse to let them keep doing it. That's a word that I see a lot. "You are giving them an excuse." When it's just realistic. A bigger team wont make a huge difference on quality of release. Inversely, a huge team WOULD make a difference of amount of release. As there can be dedicated teams to projects that were added on seperate to normal. (Like how SM and LPvE were done solely by Loche.)
  14. xCelestialgirlx Active Player

I don't know which one to choose. lol

All I'm gonna say is I'd like more open worlds, SM, events,other stuff than only contents.
    And also give the devs some breathing so they can fix everything right and not rush. Improve also.

I don't know about the 3 months, maybe. I just want we get more stuff, improvements, less bugs, crashes, etc.
  15. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

well when i posted about this everybody was like "no no" but three months wait system with in between off content during the off months in between so we can fit more characters in like potentially a watchmen content. also best gear in vendor but instead add different gear types so the mission gear is different but some types of gear will be better than vendor gear (ex. 160 tier gear gear , 162 vendor gear, 164 elite gear, 166 legendary gear)
  16. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

QUALITY IS BETTER THAN QUANTITY
    • Like x 1
  17. Zlohsac Committed Player

I don't think a larger team would help in this case in terms of quality. As i've said before, i've witnessed it done better by a dev team that was passionate about their game. It showed in their work. That's not to say this one isn't but I don't know, i'm not sure what theproblem is. The quality of content has steadily gone downhill for quite some time. Thus, people leaving and all that.

If all a larger team would do is allow them to release more of the same rushed and crappy content, i'm not sure that's any better then now. The current group they have seems to be content with putting an iconic character in new content, reskinning the instance from an old one, and calling it good thinking we'll be satisfied. This has become increasingly apparent as the months go on.

Maybe DCUO is doomed to fail. Who knows. But one thing is fore sure, the potential this game has is staggering and you can only hope someday they reach that potential. Otherwise, when the real competition comes, they could have some serious problems.
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

You're making it sound like I'm bragging about it, or saying that those raids were harder than the earlier raids, when all I'm doing is making a general blanket statement about the community and the state of the game at the time. During the 3 month cycles, people weren't gearing up to run the raids and hadn't been for years (as you had claimed) when they had made the switch to monthly content releases. A vast majority of people were going into the raids on the first day and beating them. Because of this, the usefulness of other content (solos, duos and alerts) was unbelievably minimal after you had finished the feats (a task that generally didn't take very long). Additionally, because raids (and raids alone) were the only thing people had to run for gear, they got very dull very fast. You were waiting months for new content, and spending a majority of your 3 months in the same 2-3 pieces of it.

So again, I'm not bragging about me personally being able to beat everything day 1, I'm just laying out the facts. Regardless of the difficulty of content, players were taking the raids (the only content that rewards you with anything) out on day 1 and spending almost no time in any other content. Those raids became all we had to run for 3 months at a time, with nothing else to get excited about, nothing else to look forward to. If you didn't like those raids, or you got tired of them quickly, or were too easily able to beat them on day 1, the rest of the 3 months were brutal (see: AF 1, WoTL 1, HoP 1, WoTL 2, HoP 2).

This is the last I'll respond to you. If you don't get my point at this rate, I don't think you ever will.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

What really failed was forcing the system, not the interval of content. Which they are changing this year. (At least they promised to change.) I think at the moment, it's trial an error. That is a problem, as if it is error, they have to back track. The monthly release allowed them to link more with DC. Which is a HUGE bonus for a game that is heavy involved in the IP's Lore.

I'm with you on seeing a different passion from other games, but really, it's the players that show differences, not the devs. Hanging out in any other game's forums you get the same kind of responses you have here on these forums. I met a lot of devs from the 2 SOE Lives I went to. They really do enjoy their game. Loche even mentioned that DCUO's community is no where near as bad as his previous game.