Devs PLEASE listen! Rotate monthly content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

I'm not even asking for the 4th color palette, more hairstyles packs, new HD regular skins and better customization LIKE I ALWAYS DO HERE (and get ignored).
    But why they don't rotate the monthly content yet?
    I'm having a raid overload! We don't get enough alerts. I know tiers don't matter anymore for gear but it still matters for content.
    T7:
    Dailies/Bounties: 1/1 (New Genesis)
    Solo: 2
    Duo: 8
    Alert: 3 (4 if we count Exams but they moved that to T6)
    Raids: 7
    I think this is unbalanced and wrong. We are getting to many raids. I know raid RB are more expensive but come on this isn't good for the game. Raids are harder to set up and to be honest the loot doesn't feel rewarding.
    We need more alerts, some dailies/open world missions like we used to have. Its been a damn year!
    Maybe more solo. Not as many duos and raids.
    Please shake up and rotate the set up for upcoming months because this is boring. Examples:
    Duo/Raid
    Solo/Alert
    Dailies/Raid
    Duo/Alert
    • Like x 21
  2. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

In all honesty, I gave up.
    • Like x 6
  3. Senko Committed Player

I agree with you and its going to be worse if your trying to do it later because trying to get 7 players for a raid that's not the latest is a pain in the neck, for one that's not end game marks it can take weeks of work for one run.
    • Like x 3
  4. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

You only want alerts do to the simple fact raids offer a weekly lockout and alerts offer a daily reset it's not going to happen they have to make money to survive and resets is the honey pot want more reset the content or wait for the reset to take place.
    • Like x 2
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

the reason theres so many raids is because they cost the most replays to reset
    • Like x 4
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

only one point i got to say there are 3 solo's the hal jordan mission is a T7 solo.
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

Same.

At this point, I'm almost afraid of them changing things up. I don't want to be strung along anymore. I'm at the point where I've pretty much accepted that this game is no longer for me. All my friends left and I'm too old to make new ones...
    • Like x 2
  8. krytine Loyal Player

Ok I have to say something. Your saying this game only makes money off of replay? This game has been around for over 5 years in it current format and still some of the devs that were here at 5he beginning are still here today. Now in a capitalist economy where business is ran off of Maki g a profit this game would have be shut done not only if it wasn't making a profit but if it was not making an exceptable profit margin now it's clear they are not making the margin they want but it's clear that they are making money on the game replays and total recoveries are probably their big revenue makers but there is no way shape or form that this game w old still be operating 8f for 5 years never making a profit American based companies will not do something like that unless they can get either government money bail out or subsidize somehow to make up for there lose. That being said more and more players are getting burned out on raids running less and less of alts it is to much of a grind in the current month content and you only have the one new event each month. Myself I now use less replays then ever because I won't do the rat race any more elite raid content is a joke in the fact that when 6ou beat the normal one you are automatically lock from the elite drops which is wrong so the so called 2 week progress point is actually just 1 unless u spend replays to unlock
    Then you have the replay kings out there that play hard core for a week maybe 10 days then 5hat are gone off to other games and it gets harder t9 run the newest content but in the old way 3 month cycle you had about a month with the replay kings so you have them still and new players would show up I and my league had 5ime to master any content then spend a month tracking down any feat we wanted not so much now
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Your never to old my friend. Now go and party.
    • Like x 2
  10. UltraVillain Committed Player

Fix the cause not the symptom!

The real solution is best gear in vendor and an end to the absurd restrictions of mark relevancy. The current reward system is crippling the ability of the game to seem fresh, interesting and fun as it obsessively focuses the player on a tiny fraction of everything that could be enjoyed, magnifying repetition and burdening new content to an impossible degree.

The real world provides the perfect model - Price items according to their relative value to the player and reward content marks in proportion to the challenge level. This is how all real currencies work, it is a system that allows for the widest diversity in content consumption, widest freedom in story fulfillment, it is the way the game can and should best market itself to all people....everyone can advance the only difference is in the rate.

The person that came up with content and mark relevancy has no place in the gaming industry, it is a concept fundamentally in opposition to any form of lasting entertainment.
    • Like x 5
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

Precisely.

I honestly couldn't care less about power balancing or whether or not Electricity is a good DPS.

What does any of that crap matter if no one feels like playing?

The wile Mark system, over use if RNG and heavy Raid content did sooo much more damage to the game than anything else.
    • Like x 2
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i'm pretty much done with this game as well ,sad really because i used to love this game but i don't want to play the lottery for gear anymore
    • Like x 6
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

What ppeopl in general want, is to be paid for their time.

That doesn't necessarily mean currancy. It can be any form of gratification.

BUT, they want to know for sure what they're putting their time in for. Random, lottery, type situations are fun and exciting on occasion. Basing the entire game on that concept was a very poor idea.

Adding more Marks to content is a step in the right direction, but we still have always to go in order to have any sort of system that will appeal the the majority.
    • Like x 3
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

To me T6 had a good balance of dailies, solos, duos, alerts and raids. Gear overall was better as you could go with vendor or dropped.

Getting into content was easier due to players willing to buy vendor gear as it was almost as good as dropped gear, meaning players wanted to earn marks.

Content design - content was more engaging IMO in T6 than T7. Alerts required a bit more from the players, last good alert was Fatal Exam, right before we went to monthly content.

Duos, we had less duos in T6 and they were there to help but not be the main way to gear up, today many players in T7 use duos and the small amount of alerts we have to gear up.

Raids use to be a good challenge 30-45 minutes or longer and took a bit more team work, well other than Necro that is. Now it is not much better than Necro and most can be done in around 30 minutes and that is with pug groups.

I have pointed this out back when the monthly content design and release schedule was announced, almost a year ago now.

This game has potential to be great, but the devs are making it fall flat on its face.

The community doesn't help it by spamming replays and you know who you are if you are sitting at 164 and played BBS more than 2x in less than a week on one toon. Yeah, these players only help support the current system.

I'm just waiting to see what the devs plan for next month and if it is not better than what we have now, well I will select and delete DCUO off my system and go play ESO.

I don't care if they release any power, once I'm done, I'm done.

I stuck around to see Neckron (disappointment). I heard we were going back to Brainiac Ship, disappointment. I heard about more Zod content, disappointment. So far, the only content I'm now looking forward is Darkseid, because the duo has piked my interest in that content and I'm no fan of the HoP content.

I have an old friend that wants to see the AF content finish off and go up against Zeus and other gods. He told me he would be back if that happened. I told him if I'm around I would let him know.

Like I sated, has potential, but every game does, it is a matter of the devs developing the game to hit that potential and right now it is not living up to the potential, it is falling and man it is falling fast.
    • Like x 4
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

What it comes down to for most is entertainment value, do you as a consumer feel you are getting your money's worth for the entertainment medium you selected?

I watched Batmant vs. Superman. I paid for one ticket and got 4 people into the theater. I got my money worth, even with everyone getting a drink and popcorn, popcorn was all free. I paid roughly $25 with tax to go see the move with my wife, daughter and one of my daughter friends. I consider that worth my time and money. I liked and enjoyed the movie. In fact, I liked it enough to consider buying it on disc when it releases.

Now let's move over to DCUO. I pay $30 for 3 month. The last 3 months this has been my experience....
    Month 1: GU57 - Light got upated but still missing a melee range option at 4-7M. Game had multiple issues when new content dropped results in me not being able to play the first 2 days (lost some loot as I could not log on day 1). Over the course of the month I got annoyed as most of my toons running content was not getting any good gear. I used what I could to buy vendor gear. Got bored and took some time off the last week prior to next month content.

Month 2: GU58 - Like the prior GU I could not play the day the content dropped; however, this time around I did get my loot for both roles within a short time and even got my first OP item and towards the end of the month I got my 2nd OP item in BN. I was bored very quickly but I was able to work on other toons and all toons got to max CR before month 3.

Month 3: GU59 - WTF...seriously no voice limiting communication that resulted in players quitting after second boss. Raid was nerfed and the game was up and down all weekend.

This game is 5 years old but each update it feels like I'm playing BETA. DBG, hire professional to test your product. I mean how many server issues do you need to see that the method you are using is failing.

This is impacting my entertainment value as I am seeing less value in your product if I cannot play it. I do not care if I'm paying $10 or $15, if your product is not available to me as a consumer during the expected windows after the daily restart I'm going to look else where.

This impacts your reputation and right now with three months of bugs after releases your reputation is going down the drain. The thing is though, this is a reoccuring issue. Back in August - October we had issues around loot drops, than server, prior it was other issues. Your ability to deliver bugs when you release an update is almost 100%. That is how the community feels.

If I log into today, it is not even to play with your product, it is talk to my league mates.
    • Like x 3
  16. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Likewise... i've even been thinking about buying a cape just so i can hang the cape and then just lurk the forums until Darkseid is here, go kill him and then call it quits...tbh, these past months, the game has felt like it lives in a state of recursion.
    • Like x 3
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

Well here is a crazy idea... Make everything cost the same number of replays to reset. (Or you know, make end game content the most expensive to reset and then anything outside your relevancy window costs a bit less sense people are expected to replay the most recent content for the latest and best gear drops anyways...)
    • Like x 1
  18. Senko Committed Player

Actually i stopped using replays on any alerts/raids/duos awhile back becuase it just wasn't worth it with the RNG drop system. Nowaday's I mostly use them to reset either seasonals or LPVE where I know I'm getting marks that are useful for my time. Seasonals I can buy base items/styles I want and LPVE I get fairly regular base item drops I don't have and marks towards character purchase. Raids well I'm not spending real money to buy replay badges for a 90% chance of green rubbish I'll just sell.

I want to do alerts because when they drop out of end game content and I'm trying to get feats I only need to scrape up another 3 people rather than 7. Its stil not guaranteed took me several nights getting people who'd que so I could collect the first lore from one of the T3 ones (can't remember which off the top of my head).

So no I don't want alerts because they're a daily rest I want them because they're a bit easier to get into and besides the elite alerts for gear are also a weekly lockout not daily.
    • Like x 2
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Id like to see them do 4 months instead of 3. And SM drops in that 4rth month. 4rth month is also used for people to catch up and for them to take their time and fix any bugs from the previous 3 months. I can live with only SM in that 4th month. We used to go 3 whole months with no new content. Oh and 4rth month could also have open world and bounties added in along with SM.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Well we are supposed to get an alternative progression system remember :p I gotta say im not holding my breath tho. May is fast approaching and thats 5 months in already and nothing from that announcement stream is even on test yet. I keep saying it, why announce stuff that either never goes live or takes 10 months to do. If all that stuff hits live in say october or november then sadly i wont be around to see it. U just cant announce stuff and make people wait a year for it. People lose interest that way. That would be like samsung saying check out our galaxy 7 phone on a commercial but it doesnt hit stores for a year. People 4get and move on when that happens.
    • Like x 4