Cosmetic items = $$$

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ProfessorKanua, Apr 8, 2016.

1. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

Amazonian hairstyles, please.
    • Like x 5
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

And soooooooooooo much more!

As I've said, hire some collage kid, pay him a couple freelance bucks, and have him pump out a bunch of stuff.

You get cheap labor, and he\she gets something cool on their resume \portfolio.

Win win
    • Like x 5
  3. Mistress of Magic Well-Known Player

More casual styles + 21st century hairstyles.

Possibly a new dance emote?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

Emote trinkets yes! :D
  5. hintofcoolness Well-Known Player

Shark head with "lazer beams" attached
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

So many different things I could suggest. Easily reach that 10k character limit. I'm tempted to try, but not tonight. I'll get the ball rolling, though:
    • Batmobile Base items:
      • 1960's Adam West TV Show Batmobile
      • 1989 Tim Burton movie Batmobile
      • Batman: The Animated Series Batmobile
      • The Tumbler
      • 2016 Batman v Superman Batmobile
    • Trinkets which turn you into a vehicle and grant you a movement power most appropriate to that vehicle:
      • All of those Batmobiles ^
      • 1989 movie Batwing
      • 2016 BVS Batwing
      • Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet
      • Joker Mobile
    • Iconic Action Figure Trinkets - Summon a miniaturised version of your favourite iconic heroes and villains:
      • Batman
      • Superman
      • Wonder Woman
      • The Joker
      • Lex Luthor
      • Circe
      • Green Lantern
      • Sinestro
      • Green Arrow
      • Deathstroke
      • The Flash
      • Gorilla Grodd
      • Brainiac
      • Darkseid (when available)
      • More available as drops in content. Lesser known characters, mostly. Like Granny Goodness and such.
    • Iconic disguise trinkets - Transform into your favourite iconic heroes and villains:
      • Batman
      • Superman
      • Wonder Woman
      • The Joker
      • Lex Luthor
      • Circe
      • Green Lantern
      • Sinestro
      • Green Arrow
      • Deathstroke
      • The Flash
      • Grodd
      • Brainiac
      • Darkseid
      • More available as drops in content. Lesser known characters, mostly. Like Granny Goodness and such.
    • Iconic comic book covers as Wall Posters
    • Iconic graphic novels as stand-up 3D models
    • Wall mounted "Mint on Card" Action Figures of iconic DC Comics characters. 6 released in a set, 3 exclusive to the marketplace, 3 exclusively available as in-game drops.
    • Casual DC Comics T-shirts the likes of which we'd wear IRL
    • Iconic gear inspired t-shirts
    • Iconic gear inspired hoodies
    • Legends character overhaul so we have to buy the character and can then buy a skin for that character at a reduced price.
      • Batman: The Animated Series Skins for all characters who were in BTAS
      • Dark Knight Trilogy Skins
      • MOS/BVS Skins
      • New 52 Skins
      • 1960's Batman Skins
      • Mist Infused Bounties Skins
      • Rebirth Skins (or whatever the new thing is called)
      • Suicide Squad Skins
    • Vanity Pet Trinkets used for the overhauled pets system:
      • Krypto
      • Teekyl
      • Dex Starr
      • Bat Cow
      • Cerberus Puppy
      • Phoenix
      • Golden Eagle
      • War Hound
      • Lion
      • Gorilla
    • Kitchen Base Items Pack
    • Living Room Base Items Pack
    • Bedroom Base Items Pack
    • Bathroom Base Items Pack
    • Indoor Plants Pack
    • Garden Pack
    • Premium Water and Bridges Pack
    • Premium Grass pack
    • Premium Lair themes with new, bigger layouts not designed for content
      • Luxurious Apartment
      • Classic Mansion
      • Mogo
      • Ranx
      • Themyscira
      • Atlantis
      • Batcave
      • Fortress of Solitude
      • New Gensis
      • Nanda Parbat
      • Shadowlands
      • Forest
    • Mad Hatter/Alice in Wonderland Base Items pack
    • Iconic Hero/Villain statues, similar tech to our league hall statues: Choose the character and the material. Includes "Resin" material which is a coloured version.
    • Iconic gear display items (if you can recall my old post, if not think Arkham Knight evidence room)
    • BVS Batman Armour Styles
    • Hairstyles
      • Modern Male & Female Hairstyles
      • Amazon Hairstyles
    That'll do for now. I barely scratched the surface. But bed is next :)
    • Like x 13
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

And win for the community as we get new MP items we been asking about for years...

Aura, hair styles, iconic stuff, new iconic related base items, etc...
    • Like x 3
  8. Fission Active Player

I would love some more emblems, I've been wanting flash and green lantern ones for years. That's gotta be easy to do since they've just made the bvs ones and I'm sure people would pay a pretty penny for those ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. Alina Well-Known Player

Don't ask them to charge you for one hair style and emotes... This stuff should be updated for free. People should be fighting against this kind of laziness. Not promoting it.

[IMG]
    Just no...
    • Like x 1
  10. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

That gif is of a 24th century hair style. Just sayin' :p
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

See the thing is, I think the OP is operating under the assumption that what we want to happen won't happen unless Columbus Nova thinks they will be able to turn a profit from making it happen. (And we constantly have the worry in the back of our minds that Columbus Nova will flip the table and leave if they don't turn a large enough profit and leave us with no game to play at all... Fans of City of Heroes/City of Villains already had this happen to them and don't want to see it happen again so they want the game to be a consistent financial success.)
  12. Kuno Loyal Player

Been asking for more customization, hairstyles (MP packs or free I dont care at this point) new skins with HD faces... Heck we still waiting for that "alleged 4th" like is actually a thing when we should be able to chose every color we want from the palette.

Devs dont care about this. Even if they'd make tons of money it would mean work and design so they prefer having this loot system that promotes their easy income=replay badges.

Im tired of waiting for them to put cosmetic items, you know what? Their loss. Game could be much bigger and rich.
    We dont even get cool styles lately :(
    • Like x 4
  13. Alitain1 Well-Known Player

I wouldn't mind more female hairstyles, and yeah modern ones. Looking at the seller in the base majority of them are male. Also, you'd think they'd be able to realize that the schoolgirl hairstyle looks horrible! I mean the hair looks like curling ram horns on the side of the head. I assume they meant for pigtails but how did they fail at it so miserably and never fix it?

More skins would be nice, or else change how they're done. Instead of having one skin with tattoos that can't change, just have an option to add tattoos to your character. Yeah yeah, that'd be an overhaul of the CG which wont happen, but it'd be nice.

Wouldn't mind if there were more options in CG in terms of styles. Like shoes. You either have boots, formal shoes, or sneakers with socks or superhero boots which most of them are meh. I think they could take a page out of the books of superhero costume makes for the moves/TV shows. Modernize from the spandex. I mean I don't really want all leather and thousands of buckles/straps, but you know what I mean.
    • Like x 1
  14. Alina Well-Known Player

I know it's tempting but don't give in. Wait for CoT and buy that. It's Buy to Play with everything you are asking for but better. And there is no replay badges and no charging you every dime for emotes and hair styles. Plus your opinion matters to them, even if you don't pay them right away. You can sign up there for free.

[IMG]

Only one problem with that comparison. CoH was doing well, before the plug was pulled. The fans raised $678K to make NCsoft keep the game online. I can't say the same for DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  15. Minnion Devoted Player

You mean the Rhino and Boar heads that were probably implied by Rock-steady and Bebop?
  16. Pults Loyal Player

Higher detail skins with better facial expressions.
    • Like x 1
  17. Viola New Player

This game is just in need of a cosmetic overhaul and a new outlook on how people will actually buy cosmetic items that are asked for, not just low level costumes with random skins thrown over them, etc.
    • Like x 2
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It's not "laziness".

I'd rather pay for vanity than pay for replay badges. Replay badges are crippling this game and have removed all integrity. I'd rather buy a hairstyle or an emote that I don't need but want than have all content made ridiculously easy so that people can easily beat it and are enticed into spending time and money replaying it.
    • Like x 4
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Well at least this is coming.....
    [IMG]
    Its not the hairstyles and other stuff everyone is asking for. But its pretty awesome. And yes this is either next cycles vendor or raid gear it seems :D
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

U see the thriller dance emote in destiny? Or the MC hammer u cant touch this dance emote? So wish dcuo would do stuff like that. The thriller dance emote came with their halloween event iirc and there was a buncha people doing videos for it. Pretty awesome imo. U can find multiple videos for it on youtube. Stuff like that is what we need.