Group Chat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flair, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Flair Well-Known Player

Anyone mind explaining how a PC player joins a group voice chat channel that seems to be all the rage amongst PS players???
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i,m pc player and i don't even know this answer :(
  3. Flair Well-Known Player

No one I've spoken with does lol
  4. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

What?
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Well since Group chat has been down all day he's not joining a "group chat channel." However anyone is allowed to join any custom chat channel they wish. They don't need to be invited and can't be blocked from joining it. This is a fundamental flaw with custom chat channels that has never been fixed or addressed.

So if it's a guessable name, knows someone who was in it or was in it and switched accounts, they'll be able to join and chat easily.
  6. Flair Well-Known Player

To be clear I mean group voice chat. I get invites to join the channel from other players and accept them but I hear nothing and am told that I need to join. Looking into my settings I can find nothing that would suggest the ability to join a premade or create my own custom group chat channel.
  7. Superskull85 Devoted Player

It's under Chat Options but Group voice chat (which is exactly what I referred to; and you get both text and voice when you Group or a custom chat channel) has been down all day across the game. For future reference the channel called "Group" is a system channel when a group is created. This is NOT the same as a custom channel. A custom chat channel is not a "custom group chat channel" and is likely causing your confusion.

If they give you a channel to join simply go to Chat Options under Settings, type it into the appropriate field and select join. If you don't see this category you'll need to delete the settings under My Games if on PC or delete the appropriate settings file in Saved Data if on PS3/PS4.

Hearing nothing in the channel doesn't necessarily mean it is not working. It will simply mean they are not talking in voice or you have not switched over to that channel. As stated above custom channels are provide text options. They could want you to join for that but text channel hasn't been down at all so that would be the unlikely reason. The better reason is that they may not have been talking thus you can't hear anything.

Anyways your new post moved away from the original topic of "PC players raging against PS players" so which is the true topic?
    • Like x 1
  8. Flair Well-Known Player

Thanks for the directions Superskull. I'll try it when I log in later today. Oh btw I wasn't raging against PS players hehe. "All the rage" means that group chat is in fashion on PS. As a PC player I never even headr of group voice chat much less was asked to join one. My experience with PC was just type to explain things most of the time, or if you wanted to hang with leaguemates join a TS channel. The normal instance voice chat always worked just fine for me on PC. I guess its more of an issue on PS.