Last one to post wins

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockin earth, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

2. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Where Jessie Eisenberg learned acting.
  3. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Thought it was from the back of a box of Capt crunch , them mail corespondent classes are all the rage
  4. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Read that in the paper the other day, and was agreeing about the boycott, but, then realised, don't people have the right to refuse service for any reason any more? And, as long as the vicars pass on the wedding to another vicar (unlike that other bovine), what's the problem?

Isn't being forced to marry someone you don't agree with just as bad? o_O
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The next Aliens movie (the sequel to Prometheus) has started filming in Fiordland :D
  7. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

I think it's all the same thing though really. It's not so much about "forcing" it's just about cause and effect. It's saying they have the right to refuse if they want, but it will lead to other groups and organizations turning around and invoking their right to refuse them for refusing someone else.
  8. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I'd argue that enshrining it in law is the real problem.

There is a very, very fine line between fighting discrimination and forcing people to conform to your world view though.

Discrimination based on sexual preference, race, gender, religion etc. is abhorrent. Removing peoples right to say "no, I refuse to do something that conflicts with my personal beliefs" is also abhorrent.

A case and point would be the cake baker who refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding. Do I agree with his decision? No. Should he be forced to make the cake? No...but he will have to deal with the repercussions of his decision.

Should a religious organisation be forced to conduct a marriage ceremony that conflicts with their religion? Hell no. Conversely, should a government department be able to refuse a marriage certificate based on the religious beliefs of a specific employee? Good grief....how could anybody say yes?

It's a complex issue, and I'm not articulate enough to do it justice.
    • Like x 2
  9. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Oh, and Henry....if you need water to wet the stone to sharpen your axe to cut the straw to fix the hole in your bucket...

...take the ******* stone and axe to the water.

Idiot.
    • Like x 1
  10. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

yeah, what hiney said.
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That fairly much sums it up for me as well
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

:D These macaroons taste grrrrreat.
    [IMG]
  13. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Henry?
  14. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Season finale of star Wars rebels was fantastic :D
    Osaka vs Vader , Vader's mask gets split
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

16. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Lies
    EDIT: Given the context of your post I thought i'd make it clear that I mean you articulated your opinion very well and have done the subject the justice it deserves.
    • Like x 2
  17. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, DV & Bareheiny, they was recently a referendum in New Zealand regarding whether or not to keep the current flag.....I believe you decided to keep the current flag anyway.......but upon hearing the news story I immediately thought of you two. If you don't mind me asking, did you care? have any opinions/preferences? care to share?
  18. Yaoi Pope Dedicated Player

......awkward......:confused:
    http://nashscribblings.tumblr.com/post/115991211843/how-i-got-banned-from-dcuo-the-mepps-incident

"I’ve just been perma-banned from DC Universe Online for the crime of disagreeing with them, and asking for an apology almost a year ago."

"To understand this, we have to go back in history to June 13, 2014. I was livestreaming when Ted “Mepps” Stewn decided to add some “fun” into my livestream. Basicaly, he broke his own “Terms of Service” by harrassing me in world, dropping enemies on me and repeatedly killing me. I thought it was a bug, until he admitted it to me in world chat."

"I should mention, there are a TON of videos of Mepps doing this to other livestreamers. In all the other cases, they fall all over themselves once they realized they were being trolled by Mepps. I’m guessing he was expecting the same reaction from me, and I’m not going to fanboy over his presence. Besides, he had once already peeked into my livestream before, and did not interfere, so I know he’s capable of keeping his hands to himself."

"I didn’t appreciate this, so I pursued it. I went to the BBB (waste of time, they never side with the customer), I went to Sony Online, I went up the chain of command and eventually got in touch with Linda “Brasse” Carlson, Director, Global Community Relations for Sony Online Entertainment. She assured me of a few things, one of which being that Ted (Mepps) actions were considered acceptable and appropriate by SoE, I was the only streamer who did not enjoy being trolled by the SoE staff, and that his actions were “meant to enhance the excitement surrounding the livestream.”

I'm not sure how I would feel for a developer to "enhance the excitement" when I am playing. The game by it'self is enhanced enough. That's why I play it.
    Tho I would also not go through the same amount of trouble this guy did over it.
    Id probably assume the game was glitched and just zone/log out.

*EDIT*
    I would also use spellcheck before writing a long dissertation to post on tumblr.......lot of typos.
  19. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

It was a massive waste of money.

And the potential new flag was horrible. It looked like a corporate logo.

The first referendum was to chose the challenger....at least three of the options were the same, just with different colours.

I'm not adverse to a new flag....but give us some real choices before blowing millions on a vote with a (pretty much) preordained outcome.
    • Like x 1
  20. Zuse Loyal Player

yeah i did, but i was bored so i decided to see what's up with the forums