Man who the heck designed the "Breaking Steel" mission?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AbBaNdOn_IGN, Mar 27, 2016.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I know it's hard to believe, but the Home Turf missions were once a new DLC.

And there was more than a single person around then.
    • Like x 1
  2. MyrVell Committed Player

I did the hero side Home Turf missions first, and remember Ace being the harder of the two. This was also the time I learned to take DPS more seriously. Later on I took a villain through and found the Arkham missions to be the easier of the two, but the Steelworks part was very doable.

For a player like me, who basically raids out of necessity, home turf was a solid DLC.
  3. Wildboy Committed Player

The Steelworks and Ace exterior missions are the most claustrophobic in terms of how densely the ads are tucked into the area. As far as difficulty, I'll give the hat tip to Steelworks because of the aforementioned forced transformations and the movement limitations therein.

As far as interior missions, I still believe Ace to be the most difficult. It seems the spawn rate of ads is far more withering than the Steelworks counterpart which, to me, seems far more manageable. The Stryker's and Arkham interiors seem pretty balanced in difficulty to me.

The Home Turf reward, I feel, have always been pretty generous. The dailies have a chance to drop an item level 75 utility belt and the solo gives a neck, ring, or un-attuned weapon plus a piece of gear of your choice. Some of the better designed content, I believe.
    • Like x 2
  4. Jim Berry Well-Known Player

I only did this once back when it was hot. Ended up focusing on the ones on Arkham Island (I believe). Waste of time for some, but it's a good way to keep busy while waiting on those PvP queues (and this is coming from someone who don't PvP).
  5. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I remember both loving and hating those missions. LOL! Good times. So much has changed...
  6. Gimpy Loyal Player

This is the problem with the game now.

People wanting it to be easier. People do not want to put the smallest amount of effort to gain SKILL.

If you had actually followed the journal missions this would have been something you would have done long before now.

BUT people wanted it easier so now a player can level up WITHOUT doing JOURNAL content.

It is a SOLO mission not a group mission and it isn't HARD to beat.

I couldn't beat it the 1st time either and I wasn't 112CR but after paying attention and then doing what the mission is telling you it went rather quickly.

Tell you what, go grab the poster on the wall where the NPC's are the 1 for the MORROW BOT on Arkham Island. You will need a group for that and you will see Steel's mission is a piece of cake.

The same goes for the Stryker's Island missions and OBOT. The TOYMAN missions from the WT will be IMPOSSIBLE for you if think that Steel mission is hard. LOL

Quit crying for content to be nerfed, if you decide not to RB it fine. If you don't want the FEATS associated with it then DON'T DO IT.
  7. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

50 days is a guaranteed number. Beats killing obot daily for 2 years hoping for the last piece of useless gear for a style feat to drop. Or waiting for that final mission to complete all the random quests then finally getting it and realize that for some reason it didn't count maybe because you're too op and glitches it out with a range tap 1 shooting everything.
    • Like x 2
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

'If Only I Had a Heart' is too difficult to do solo at-tier.
    Up to this day, I still find new players that need help with 'If Only I Had a Heart' and the Steelworks mechanic one. Those missions are duos :mad:

And being higher CR doesn't help that much, since in the mechanic one you can't attack at all. We have only a power that is supposed to stealth us, but does nothing at all.

'If only I Had a Heart' is well doable solo at CR 90 o_O. Surely intended?
  9. Nodens Dedicated Player

Um, hello??? I never said they weren't. I said that the MECHANICS of the mission and loot were the same. -meaning that a person must first run daily missions several times before being allowed to go inside and earn one piece of new style gear, and then repeating the process. How was that so hard to understand???
  10. Gimpy Loyal Player

The 5 daily missions for Steelworks at ACE Chemicals and the 5 daily missions at Strykers Island that have to be completed before you are allowed to do the content on the inside ARE ALL SOLOS including the content on the inside. None of those have ever been Duos.

The BOUNTY POSTERS for OBOT and MBOT at that TIER's CR require a GROUP and can't be soloed until later when you are strong enough.
  11. megamanzero Loyal Player

hi. you said the mission was the same not the mechanics of the mission. you said loot mechanics though. i just wanted to clarify that the mechanics of the missions themselves (the goals and how they play out) are not that similar, nor the boss fights. the 5 day then unlock a boss thing is the same though, sure.

if you disagree with me though, you can say it without being rude. also, the way you phrased your earlier statement was very vague, leaving room for multiple interpretations. it's not my fault that you weren't clear in your wording. :S