Funny, not so funny run

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Menelaos, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Menelaos Dedicated Player

*I know its a bit long, if you have ADHD dont bother reading..

Had the unfortunate luck to be asked to help Troll HH on Saturday and I observed some of the most outrageous behaviour by a self-proclaimed “OP player”.
    I have to share this story…no really, I have to.

So a Leaguemate, Draksar, asks me if I would mind coming in and helping Troll last bosses in HH. He tells me the troll they had left but would like to give it 1 more try.
    Naturally, I accept and go in to see a group filled with high CRs 150s+ and 2 players with 124 and 127. Both are DPS but since I see we have 159 and 160 DPS, they more than make up for it right?

First impressions make me laugh.

Turns out, the issue were not the low CR’s but the tank who was on the mic shouting and instructing everyone to do the absolutely wrong thing and the wrong time.

Follow me on this one…

This tank was chasing Stompa around and letting Lash go free. According to this super “OP player” Lash will follow the tank around because of his Dom and he didn’t need to tag/taunt her.
    “Trust me bro, been doing this for years” he said. Needless to say, Lash is killing the group and the tank is yelling at them to block when she does her “spinning attack”…now, anyone who actually knows about that raid knows even a fully geared tank doesn’t stay in there blocking…so DPS…

Anyway, we actually manage to pick everyone up, Drak is healing his heart out and I’m pumping the power. This is when I notice this tank’s bar is not going down. You see, I do believe I am a good Troll, but I’m not that good. At some point, while I’m picking up or something, even with 609 POT, he should lose power right? Nope, not this “OP player” cause Stompa will “agro better if I use weapon bro”.

About this time that he starts blaming the lower CR DPS for everything (mind you, the higher CR guys are going down to reflect and the lower CR guys are picking them up) but this tank is all about laying blame and being loud, rude and just plain stupid.
    So we wipe and one of the lower CR guys asks what they are doing wrong. So I start answering that the mechanics of the raid are as follows…”Don’t tell me how to tank, I know the mechanics” he interrupts. Mind you, I wasn’t talking to him or about him/tanking. I was letting them know about reflect and when to pick up after stompa kills someone. This tank tells me “I got picks ups around stompa, you stay the hell’away”.

Now I know what you are all wondering, was this group a queue? Nope, it was formed.

Well it was about this time I told Drak that I was sorry, but even if the rest of the group wanted to actually work together, this tank clearly was to full for himself and would just keep getting us killed so I was leaving. On the way out I heard him say “I’m adding that ignorant newbie to my ignore list”. I gotta tell you, I had a good laugh with the guys when I told them about this “OP player”. I should have known the moment he called himself this that we were going nowhere fast.

Regards,

M
    • Like x 6
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah newbie, you should know that all you need to do is weapon combo and everything gets done!

On a serious note it's sad that even 160s are struggling with HH and we lost relevancy for it at 148..... I can garuntee that tank was carried to his cr .
    • Like x 3
  3. Menelaos Dedicated Player

I get that anyone can die with reflect, but the issue was the tank 100% and yet he did all the trash talking and blaming.
    Ask Drak about it, he was even apologizing from bringing me into that LOL

The thing that struck me the most, this dude honestly thinks he knows it all and is "OP".

Regards,
    M
  4. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

This is why the darkseid fight will be a letdown
    • Like x 2
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Skills points and Knowing the mechanic's are a big factor in the game.
    • Like x 2
  6. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Especially the mechanics.
    Hard to explain that to a tank who believes:

1. Dom = Aggro
    2. Weapon damage = better aggro

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 3
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

you forgot the 3 major part of tanking! always listen to you're team mates ;)
  8. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Unless you are an "OP player" LMAO

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

Didn't you notice, mate? When he said he was "OP" he actually meant to say that he was "Obnoxiously Pathetic" :D
    • Like x 5
  10. Ichiro Loyal Player

LMAO good read. It's funny the raids with a lot of good mechanics to prevent high burn still trouble the top CR players that never bothered to learn them. It why HH and UMR I still see groups struggle and wipe, while BD, BN, and PBR are just run and burn through.
    • Like x 2
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i still see wipes in BN lol
    • Like x 2
  12. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

This is my new favorite quote.
    • Like x 2
  13. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

sigh...guys, please get it together.
    If i was a Stompa, and someone hit me with their weapon, i would get mad, therefore it only stands to reason that weapon=OP agro.
    • Like x 3
  14. Menelaos Dedicated Player

UMR.... seriously anything with 'reflect' is going to kill raids because people don't learn.
    One of the many reasons to NEVER do HHE or UME without it being a 100% League run.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  15. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Oh snap! I literally spit out my coffee...no, I mean for real...HAHAHA

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  16. Shapiro Well-Known Player

That's all I've needed to be an OP tank is my weapon and a crappy attitude?!!? Why didn't someone tell me I've been doing it wrong?;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Delta796th Loyal Player

Fixed that for ya!;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Ha! Skill points will always matter, nice try.
  19. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

I definitely had to read this. I really do find it funny when ppl consider themselves "OP". Giving yourself this title just means your the newb and u should shut it and listen to ur group members.

Skill points do matter and will be even more in the future. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Delta796th Loyal Player

Well....kinda sorta
    But after something around 160 or so it was diminishing return on value. Even without CR scaling you take a player say a DPS with 170 vs 220. They can get 4.5 more bottom rows filled..

That's 25might and precision X 3 X 4.5 = 337.5 total or a whopping plus of 48.2 DPS
    How's that matter that much?

I agree they DO matter to an extent, as you'll get a bit more health or power (and I mean a small bit)
    But it's not going to make much difference in the end.

Edit. Please.don't reference idiots running around at 159+CR with 40SP.
    You can't fix stupid