Do the Villains see the Heroes as Villains?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Manolishill, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Manolishill New Player

After all this time, i saw that most villains are just people with different beliefs or tragic pasts that want to achieve something but the heroes follow different paths which go against them so they see the heroes as villains instead. Some big examples are Lex Luthor and Magneto they both see the heroes as the bad side and they believe that their path is the correct one. I hardly see villains who are born like that and their actions are 100% for evil reasons, those are mostly people who don't communicate at all like Galactus, the Anti-Monitor and these things.

Another proof is all the movies of this year 2016, the only mindless villain who wants just to kill for no reason is Doomsday, but still he came from the corpse of General Zod who was modified by Luthor in order to throw the alien Superman away from our planet (sorry for spoiler). All of the other movies, X-Men Apocalypse, Suicide Squad, Captain America Civil War, Deadpool and Doctor Strange have again the villains who just follow different paths and see the heroes as villains. Apocalypse is basically just a stronger version of Magneto, they believe exactly the same thing
  2. Veritech Loyal Player

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Both factions are the same.
    Decent folk and d-bags.

Brand new players in game tend to make a hero first, that's the only difference I see.
    • Like x 1
  3. Vesper Dedicated Player

Heroes? There are no selfless heroes in this game. We're all mercenaries.

Heroes are just villains being paid by WayneTech instead of LexCorps.
    • Like x 5
  4. darkscarletx Loyal Player

In dcuo, the heroes are villains, and the villains are heroes.

I'm a good hero and good villain. This is just a game. But it is fun sometimes to just do evil stuff and say muahahaha.
    Who didn't see heroes in front of little bohemia smash cars? Really heroic. lol Not to mention the shout talk.
  5. Couze Well-Known Player

There are things called antihero and antivillain

Vandal savage is an antivillain.
    Magneto and apocalypse are antivillains
    Deadpool is an antihero.
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

So far, I don't think any of the above actually read your post. Lol.

I get ya. It's like Trump. He thinks he's a hero (and to many, he is) ;)

Edit: Except for Couze. They posted while I was writing this :p
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

sorry no. my characters are super heroes.
    they do the right thing.
    • Like x 1
  8. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

Nope as a villian like being a villian and see the heroes as heroes
    They wanna do good stuff I wanna do bad stuff.
    • Like x 1
  9. Couze Well-Known Player

Lol reading is fundamental.
    • Like x 1
  10. FatherOfEvil Level 30

As Couze said, there are antiheroes and antivillains, but I think that's different. An antihero is a hero who does heroic deeds by not necessarily the most moral methods and vice versa. To answer your question, yes, I believe that most villains do see heroes as villains. But I also think there are total psychopath villains, like the Joker, who know damn well they are the villain.
  11. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

I just like to do hood eat things with my friends
  12. Senko Committed Player

Yep its a sliding scale really . . .

Superman: Hero, always try to do the right thing unless he's written by Frank Miller.
    Vigilante: Anti-hero try's to make the world a better place by killing the criminals.
    Black Adam: Anti-villain commits crimes but all for the purpose of restoring his wife or protecting his country.
    Terra (Original of teen titans series): Simply hates everyone and wants the heroes dead because normal people should do everything they can to make her happy so she wont kill them.

Then you have the outliers such as Doomsday who aren't so much a villain as a force of nature. He doesn't rob banks, ****, enslave he just destroys.
  13. Vesper Dedicated Player

Really? You only do things For The Greater Good? You only do things for altruistic reasons like "it was right" and "help the oppressed"?
    Really?

If that's the case then, you NEVER accept gear from your runs? You NEVER accept money and collection rewards?

Face it. You may have altruistic INTENTIONS. You may have feelings of helping the oppressed For The Greater Good. But if you weren't being PAID, through MONEY, GEAR, AND REWARDS, you would no longer play this game.

You're a mercenary, paid by WayneTech instead of LexCorps.
    • Like x 2
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yeah at the same time, You guys are mercenaries whom work for lexcorp instead of waynetech :p.

I really don't see us Heroes like villains, nor do I see Villains like Heroes.

I'd say something along the lines of "Bounty hunters" would be more appropriate.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

no sorry. my characters are super heroes.
    they do whats right.
    My team is funded by Jupiter Industries.
    Glam can be a little *itchy tho. Shes a little on the vain side.
  16. Vesper Dedicated Player

You can tell yourself that all you want. I hear that heroes are quite self-delusional like that. ;)

But Oracle *specifcally* tells you on your first tour through the Watchtower that you will be *paid* for EVERY mission you are sent on, through GEAR, REWARDS, & MONEY. This funding comes from WayneTech, Queen Consolidated, and Kord Industries.

You ARE being paid. You are a mercenary. :p:D:p
  17. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Oracle likes to talk, so does the Calculator. However, I don't attribute those conversations as being aspects of the main game (story wise). It's just a monologue tutorial of sorts to explain how gear, money, and rewards work within the rules of the game. The same way you would play a tutorial mode before starting the main campaign in a game. The process of acquiring gear, money, and rewards occur during the intermissions between story arcs and are therefore not considered actual activities your character(s) partake in. It's not like, say, I get an automated turret sentry base item from the Prison Break operation, and my character suddenly has to drag this thing out of Stryker's, or throw it into a teleporter for extraction. Those types of things don't actually happen in our stories.

We can debate this all day, or we can agree to disagree, but the point is people are going to view things about their character a certain way and that is their character's story. Not everyone's character is a result of Brainiac's exobytes. When I made my character, he was specifically created with the idea that he was from the war-torn future, the same time frame as Future Lex Luthor and Future Batman (his trainer). I won't go into the details on that, but suffice it to say he has his own backstory that I determined. That's really all I have to say on that, like I said, we can always agree to disagree.
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

The difference is that heroes get rewards as a consequence of their actions, and the payment is because heroes abdicate of normal lives to do their jobs, so the payment is a compensation so people don't go poor because, you know, they are saving the world instead of getting jobs. Villains get their rewards as their priority, and their missions are the consequences, and that's why most villains do what they do: power, either finantial or in a more literal sense. It's mostly a pov, I know because I'm on both sides.

Btw, I like how the guy made a question about the story and we are all interpretating it as if he asked which morality is better. I have to admit, I like being a Hero because of the story, but the villain side apparently has better gear (Most hero gears reduce power pool for DPS role, what the hell?)
  19. Minnion Devoted Player

Besides, as far as "Gear" rewards go, for heroes that isn't payment... It's equipment to better do their jobs with. Would you consider a firefighter any less of a hero because he is excited about getting new and better firefighting equipment?
    • Like x 2
  20. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

One thing i loved from MGS series is how it shows that there rarely are good and bad guys, but instead a bunch of guys usually with perspectives and intentions (rarely bad intentions).

Depending on the eye of the beholder, a person could be a good or a bad guy.
    It reminds me of that episode of JLU where Lex was building a city with free energy for poor people but superman thought it was a trap and fought with Shazam in an attemp to prove it, destroying the city during the fight, in the end, the city was indeed just a city. (Lex was luring superman into the fight of course, but at the end of the day Superman destroyed something that would have improved a lot of lives.)