Dev Discussion Episode 22: "Phantom Zone" 4-Player operation feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I don't understand. There are hard stuns in Lab, in UM, BD, BN, and elsewhere. Figure Vindictive/Ferocity is supposed to take care of that ... is there something I'm missing about rage tanking?
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I've had tanks tank to place him between the group and the ravine. I've had groups yell at that tank for being in the way because they wanted to walk it.
  3. TestReporter Loyal Player

They don't want rage to use a specific power to survive a mechanic, because none of the other powers have to, its like the hell's hatred in UM, ice could use shatter/winter ward and had defense, fire had heals/health, earth had the mitigation, while rage could die if they haven't gave it the immunity, making it completelly a luck thing.
  4. mexmex Dedicated Player

EASY EASY both regular and elite, but elite is FUN FUN
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And man, was I hungry when I got out.

Also, the smell had become terrible.
    • Like x 1
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

But, what you said is contrary: rage should not have to use a specific power, but ice has to use one of two specific powers, just like rage. Winter Ward/Shatter Restraints, Vindictive/Ferocity.
  7. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I have all feats and here are things that might need to be fixed.

The crystals are a little hard to tell what color they are. I cannot tell which colors are Blue, Green, Purple. Yes, I myself and a few others ended up thinking Purple was Blue etc before. Guess we're color blind. o_O

On PZE (elite) the 2nd boss fight is a pain when going for the first attempt feat. This is because the blue fire will start damaging you before they even appear on your screen. Others have said this too and noticed it. I don't think it's intended for the blue flames to be hurting you before you get a chance to react. I seen this kill people and I even died by this before.

That is my two cents for the whole thing and I don't see anything else.

The shoulders have a low drop rating and that is my last elite piece I'm missing from the alert. I doubt I'll get the head as I don't have any luck. :(
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Well, my last thing is throwing the crystals. It's bad to throw them and you move slow while carrying them. Maybe make the crystal carrier move faster like in BN? That's optional but I would sure love to move much faster while carrying the crystals.

Throwing them is bad because they don't count when you throw them or they get thrown at the adds/boss.
  9. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Well if the tank is doing their job, Jor-El AI should not be near the crystals, and the adds should be destroyed beforehand. No interference from throwing that way. I throw like a basketball champion when I do it. ;)
  10. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Not when you're speed running them, but yes I kill the adds before grabbing them. :p
    • Like x 1
  11. Princess Zero Well-Known Player

I see a few people who get near the chasm the throw it back at Jor-el, because they forget they still have him hard locked or players who don't know how to pass to another player downfield.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeFrost Active Player

"Well if the tank is doing their job, Jor-El AI should not be near the crystals, and the adds should be destroyed beforehand. No interference from throwing that way. I throw like a basketball champion when I do it."
    Thats the thing no one wants a tank in this alert. It lasted 1 day as 111, now 3 or 4 dps. Easy to get feat with tank done it a few times but now can't get into any group and everyone wants dps and speed instead of easy run. EU server can suck at times, no one likes support roles. After re-set not going to bet able to get into the elite one which groups want a tank for because can't get into a group for the normal one. Everyone either leaves the group saying need more dps or they kick the tank.
    • Like x 1
  13. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I definitely prefer tanks in there with me. Lump all the trash targets in a nice group for me to DPS. :) I laugh when I do a 3 DPS pug run, and people wonder why they're dying. Cause they don't block is why. :p
    • Like x 2
  14. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Even with 1-1-1-1 in my league run, we're in and out of there in about 20ish minutes? Give or take. I see no reason to go any faster than that, really. But I certainly don't judge people who like to challenge themselves like that. ;) So long as it's not a pug, where not everyone is aware of someone doing a speed run. :p
  15. bagofboom Committed Player

Yes. Maybe I'm just a crappy tank but I had trouble holding aggro on bosses in elite. I tried the Mass Provocation Agent consumable and it helped a bit but they still got away from me at times. Not sure if it's a Dom issue or just me. Also, I've been tanking it @ cr 154 (Equipped. My over all cr is higher) so maybe that's my problem. We got it done, but I definitely see what you're saying.

Long Live DCUO!!
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

Its normal for them to be running all over the place, Dom doesn't affect aggro.
  17. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Dominance has nothing to do with aggro. But yeah, it's tricky.
  18. bagofboom Committed Player

What do you mean "Dom doesn't effect aggro"? (Seriously, that's not sarcasm)
    I was under the impression that Dom was related to CC effects, aggro, etc. The higher our Dom the easier it is for us to grab and hold aggro and have control over adds and bosses, right?
    If that's not the case WHY do I invest so many sp into it? (Again, this sounds like I'm being sarcastic but I'm genuinely seeking knowledge here)
    I've been playing for 2 years (only tanking for about 1 though), I was "trained" in tanking by some VERY experienced and knowledgeable long-time DCUO'ers (no need for name dropping, but many of us know them) and that was the impression I was given and worked under this entire time. I was being a bit facetious calling myself a "crappy" tank, I can run all content at the highest levels with no issues (after learning proper mechanics of course).
    And, AGAIN.....not sarcasm. :) Please explain!

Long Live DCUO!!
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

CC effects yes but grabbing aggro as a Tank no. Dom helps with the strength of shields and healing abilities as a Tank. Not sure who told you Dom affects aggro but it doesn't.
  20. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Your aggro is determined by the abilities in your tray. For example, you are in tank role and you throw out a power, ANY power from your tray, the bosses will focus on you till they dump aggro. At which point, you pop another power. Dominance affects your shielding and self-heals in tank role, as well as your ability to pull mobs on you, which is Crowd Control, not aggro.

Aggro is determined just by you using the powers in your loadout. Any of them gives you aggro while in tank role.

That better? :)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.