Weekend restarts and hot-fixes on US server

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darksied112014, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Darksied112014 New Player

Can someone tell me who the GENIUS is who thinks it is a good idea to schedule server restarts and hot-fixes on weekend days? I stopped playing this game a long time ago because I couldn't play it enough to merit spending the money for a premium membership and I don't like free to play limitations. Now I have some more time to play so I have renewed my premium membership. Yet every day this week when I tried to login in the morning, I have been unable to play do to maintenance, updates, server restarts, and hot-fixes. Now during the week I get it because everyone has school and work so that makes sense. But on the weekends too? I can only play early in the morning and late at night so If this is going to continue then I am just going to let this membership expire and give up this game for good.
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???
    There is a restart everyday between 7 and 8AM (East).
    ???
    • Like x 2
  3. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, if you're trying to play at those early hours, that is just bad timing. The server restarts are good because they help with stability. In order for the game to run as smoothly as possible, it needs a break for an hour or so.
  4. VariableFire Loyal Player

Maybe so, but the restarts this week have been much longer than usual.
    • Like x 1
  5. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Possibly to get ready for the St. Patrick's Day event to drop, potential hot fixes? Lag issues? Who knows? The point, is those early hours are when they do their restarts. It's up when I'm ready to play, usually anytime between 10AM-12PM EST, so I don't usually think anything of it.
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Usually what happens after a new Update.

We just got a new update and an episode.

Longer restart is to be expected for a while after that.
    • Like x 1
  7. EP Ice Loyal Player

I will admit that the restarts have been longer than normal the past week. Understandable with the new content out and some glitch issues that need attention. I'm all for the game running as smooth as possible, so, they can take as long as they need.
  8. megamanzero Loyal Player

there's a premium membership now?
    • Like x 2
  9. bagofboom Committed Player

Down longer than usual, yes.
    But I'd rather it be down a bit longer and have smooth gameplay than having the opposite.
    I do like the early morning playtime though while my kids are still in bed asleep but it is what it is.
    Like, right now I'd usually be on line but im typing mindless drivel here instead. ;)

Long Live DCUO!!
  10. VariableFire Loyal Player

Yeah yeah yeah. Problem is, with the switch to monthly updates, instead of having to put up with a week of this every 3 months, now it's a week every month.
    • Like x 1
  11. Carnal121 New Player

Also it says scheduled restarts, yet when they schedule downtime its in the announcement tab, why are these restarts not?
  12. Pharaoh Dedicated Player

I'm confused sir. Once your premium you stay premium I thought. You don't have to spend anymore right? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. And I know the restarts are the point of your post. Everything has to go down sometimes. It's really better to shut off your cell phone once a day. A necessary evil I am afraid.
  13. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

So in other words, you weren't around the time they stopped daily restarts.
  14. Darksied112014 New Player

Look, I totally get why the servers need to be restarted from time to time. I started playing this game when it first came out and I suffered through all of the glitches and freezing so I completely understand that. That doesn't help me when half of the time I have to play the game is while they are performing these maintenances. There has to be a better time frame to perform these actions. I realize that it is run at 4am PST but that's 7am EST. They can't move it to 3am PST so the EST players will have access by 7am at least? Especially on Saturday and Sunday. Just seems like poor planning to me.
  15. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Interesting that you say that, because Mepps just mentioned the other day that the time is chosen because it is the least populated time and it impacts the fewest people.

They can't run their schedule around you specifically.
    • Like x 5
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

LOL!

It's bad timing for YOU. They chose that time cause it's the least populated.

I get that it sucks for YOU, but do you know how sound saying they should change the time just for YOU?

Who the hell is playing any video game at 7am anyway? :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Tyrranus Well-Known Player

Me... but Ive always been a vampire and even work overnight so 7am is my 'got home time to chill' zone but unlike the OP I dont mind the 1 hr break there. Course I have XCOM2, Fallout 4, SWTOR, STO, ya know other choices
    • Like x 1
  18. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Ahhhhh.... title said "weekend restarts and something" and I just used up my weekend and wanted to see about the restart.... can you possible imagine how disappointed I am with this thread ??????????????????????
    • Like x 1
  19. Backseid Devoted Player

Hey, I get it. I bartended for 15 years. 4 -5am was my happy hour for many years. lol