Craziest idea yet: Content relevancy windows and replays.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minnion, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Msstat1c Committed Player

Ask Mepps. That's where I got it from. Technical hurdles is the explanation he uses when certain suggestions are made that are deemed too difficult to implement or are simply not in the plans.

I'm on your side, Heiny.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I run non relevant content a lot. When I'm after styles or exceptional kits or op item styles.

I am not paying any money to reset the content though because honestly it is too expensive for the potential reward.
    • Like x 4
  3. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Well then, I sincerely apologize for thinking you were being an arsehat! I shall stand in the corner of shame and consider the actions that led me here.

On a related note, perhaps Mepps could expand on "technical hurdles". Even if it's a high level "we'd have to fully re-work the queue system" or "we need to consider instances that require multiple people...such as Nexus, Khandaq etc.").
    • Like x 1
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Once a day for base items and salvage material
    • Like x 1
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

On every toon but one, I still need a ton of styles for feats. I refuse to buy those with replays because I don't get the style. Just this past weekend, I went into every "classic" instance in the game on a t7 toon to get all the briefings/investigations and to farm the collections in them.

I have 16 toons. That's a lot of style farming.
  6. Fies Committed Player

Avoiding it as much as possible bc it is just boring when overgeared (which is kind of sad since a) its a large majority of content b) lots of it was fun)
  7. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Everyday. i run it often enough. using replays on something i dont get marks on is wasteful.
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I think that we are forgetting that there is one major obstacle to this plan.

The devs don't necessarily WANT high level players in old content because it ruins the experience for many at-level players.

(See the most recent example of this kind of discussion in this 26-page thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...things-there-is-no-challenge-any-more.268581/ )

Now if we had Omni-Teleporters and Stat-Clamping things might be different ... but that's another whole set of argumentative threads. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'll raise you one better: I think all loot locks should be removed completely. Relevant or irrelevant content.

The game needs to move on from replay badges. A promise was made to revamp/add to/look at progression. Use this promise to find a new way to monetise the player base with a product that isn't essential, but highly desirable (imo, reintroduce XP based levelling, make it important and focus on XP boosters. Desirable, but not essential).

What we have now, just isn't working. It might be working from a financial stand point, but from a player engagement stand point? No way.
    • Like x 5
  10. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

The only content I am re-running over and over again is the content that drops the styles I am missing. Such as the runes of the east...its been years and I still don't have the hands. Its kind of dumb that it takes years to get something that I will wear once to get the feat and then discard.
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Once a week.

I might be inclined to run it more if I weren't loot locked though. There are styles, base items and other things that I might rerun old stuff to get.

It wouldn't be a game changing thing regardless.
  12. Msstat1c Committed Player

You mean.....like a technical hurdle? ;)

Sorry Double M's, I couldn't resist swinging at that softball.
    • Like x 1
  13. Minnion Devoted Player

Again, baby steps... Take the bottle away without teaching the game to eat solid food first is likely to cause it to wither away and die. Right now they depend too much on replay badges to pay the bills to just quit them cold turkey... (And even if they diversify, go back to XP based leveling with gear becoming secondary progression like skill-points and mods I don't see them ever getting rid of replays...) The best we can hope for is that they diversify so they aren't too dependent on just one single marketplace item...
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

If this was a Legendary perk, I'd budget around subscribing again.

I queue for old stuff and new stuff everyday at the same time. I run whatever happens to populate faster. Sometimes that means I run old stuff more during the week, and sometimes it means I run new stuff more during the week, but I let random chance decide.
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not everybody skips content though Mepps. There is folks like myself who plays old content for prestige, rare base items, and style to sell, and then theres of course feats in old content as well. Which I do go back to older content and get always. I just finished my 100 toyman missions a few days ago. CR156 / 221sp atm.
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

daily if time permits it, as I said in my other comment for prestige mainly.
  17. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

If there wasn't a loot lock some players (me included) would finish running new content on the 2nd day of release. It's not just for monetization the cost also acts as a content gate. It's a practical mechanism from a game-play standpoint, not just for financial gain.

That said the normal and elite content should not have a shared loot lock.
    • Like x 2
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I would yes, b/c theres base items, prestige ect from all old content which I seek.
    • Like x 1
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

I would run old content more often, however regardless of dps or support role I smash everything and ruin the experience for others.

I would run it more often if there were better rewards or if I could run the content solo like the Walkins in the watchtower
    • Like x 1
  20. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

[IMG]