Let's talk about properly healing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sage-Rapha, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

Too lazy to replace orange with yellow... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  2. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

PBR and PBE 1st boss is the perfect example of galvanize use. The entire group is bunched close together, turrets come online. I have watched my groups' health bars go from 50% or less to 100% with one galvanize. Pretty much the same thing on BD 1st 2 bosses when we would group in one spot. I actually didn't even have it when DC alert came out, and had to respec to give npc Raven big heals with all the birds attacking her. Bunched up and npcs is where I see galvanize having the best purpose for electric.
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its just a thread.

i've been healing for five years. always cracks me up when people tell me i'm doing things wrong.
    i'm open to new ideas but if i think they're bad i'm not going to listen to them.

there are tons of threads and guides in the power section for players looking for answers.

as a general rule of thumb its best not to tell people what they should be doing unless they ask.

:)
    • Like x 1
  4. tinoman Dedicated Player

I see so many healers using invocation of renewal and bloom. Which takes so long to heal a tank when he's tanking big hits or when dps are taking a little bit damage.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

If you run with two healers, there is certainly a place for those powers. When doing BD, if I was stunned, the other healer would cast IoR instead of spamming Rejuv to keep my health up. Not that Nature and Celestial have to worry about range much but IoR is one of the few ways Sorcery can touch everyone. I see a lot of healers chastised unfairly for using it when it is the right time to use it. But I rarely see a Sorcery healer popping a Soul Well when doing the adds before Superboy in BN. For the most part it comes to whether someone knows the content and knows what works best for the situation. Or possibly it's just laziness.
    • Like x 2
  6. tinoman Dedicated Player

Well mostly groups run with one so that power is useless and plus even if I ran with two I would never use that in my loadout. Takes two long even tank needs a big heal I don't spam rejuvenate.
  7. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I disagree. As a nature healer I have a loadout in which I use bloom and it works great. The problem is bloom is good for certain instances (more specifically boss fights....areas where there are a ton of adds its pointless to use). If you can anticipate when to use bloom, then its an awesome heal. Of course not everyone is comfortable doing that, but for me personally I am.
    • Like x 2
  8. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I'd also like to add that everyone has their own play style and even if their loadout seems weird to you and you think it doesn't work, doesn't mean it doesn't work for that person. So in my opinion saying a power is useless is the wrong message to be sending. Now of course there are those broken powers that truly are useless until fixed, but just because something has a long cast time doesn't mean it isn't useful.
    • Like x 2
  9. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

As Sorcery I run Boon of Souls for mobs of players or mobs of enemies. Everything that dies gives everyone in range a nice hit of HP, and it lasts twice as long as Circle. For bosses I plop down circle because it gives really good HoT(usually able to build power back between castings). Word of Power is a tiny group heal good for countering large group attacks. Rejuv is for emergencies to yourself and or the one with most damage. I also use that shield spell but it doesnt last very long. Its more of a last resort if im not abe to keep up with heals cuz to much damage is being dished out.

I dont use WM's yet (T1-3), I dont see the benefit.. if Im spamming heals that much something else has gone horribly wrong. Also dont use Supercharges (ever) they take to long to fill up and I cant replace stuff in my loadout for something I would use so little??? Do WM's fill up super charge?? Dont really know what an AM is either..
  10. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I think the person you replied to was talking about Invocation of Renewal. That power is all kinds of troublesome for raid healing. It takes too long before the first tick of healing arrives. It can be interrupted with Empowered Channeling. And the long animation is trouble with bosses who have one-shot mechanics. I gave up IoR after getting sick of boss deaths in Love & War and then NGN.
  11. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

[quote="AbBaNdOn_IGN, post: 3604321, member: 360751]"I dont use WM's yet (T1-3), I dont see the benefit.. if Im spamming heals that much something else has gone horribly wrong. Also dont use Supercharges (ever) they take to long to fill up and I cant replace stuff in my loadout for something I would use so little??? Do WM's fill up super charge??[/quote]

You'd be a better healer if you used brawling's ranged WM and timed some of your heals to get the WM ding. Supercharge builds based on high hit counts, and that brawling move builds it up extremely fast. Restoration barrels also help with getting SC when they're inside the instance.
  12. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

They stated Bloom as well in a previous post.
  13. Castrato Well-Known Player

I use bloom as a nature healer and I use it for all content. The thing is with bloom, if you jump then cast it, you'll get the full benefit of it without the cast time. I jump and clip Savage Growth, Metabolism, and Bloom. Then when I land I cast harvest and right there I have 4 hots out within 1-2 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I gather you actually mean Soul Well.
    "That shield spell" is Boon of Souls. It's the only shield sorcery has.
    • Like x 1
  15. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

Basically this. Not saying it's not possible to solo heal I just don't like to. Especially when the group doesn't stay together .-. Mabye if people actually ran the role the game assigned them, but that's a whole other tread.
    • Like x 1
  16. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I loved using IoR for Lockdown. I would stand on the Teleporter and cast it whenever the technicians came and they would be knocked back giving more time for the dps to burn them.

It's a good health just be ready to clip out of it with rejuvenate if someone can't wait for a heal.
    • Like x 2
  17. JeffEllis Committed Player

No healers, you're responsible for everyone on the field. It's also the responsibility of the rest of the group to play smart. Anyone that won't break a rotation to block or dodge, that's not on the healer. A tank that can't maintain control of the field and adds are swarming or DPS ignoring adds they should be on, that's not on the healer. It's a healers job to heal responsibly and efficiently and do their part as long as the rest of the group is doing their part. DPS who run ahead of the tank, not the healer's responsibility. DPS and tanks who don't use colas - nope, not the healer's fault.

These issues are excerbated by an overly generous minimum CR so people who will easily get one shot by bosses and even some adds join a queue they really have no business in but that's another issue and also not on the healer when they get face stomped by an add they should be able to take a hit or two from.

Healer isn't the sole source of health in a group. Many powers have shields and self heals, white mods where applicable, supply drops, accomplice, blocking, dodging, grabbing barrels, getting adds off the healer, there are so many ways the green bars of a group is everyone's responsibility not the healer's. The same goes for blue bars and the troll.

There is an old adage in gaming. If the tank dies first it's the healers fault. If the healer dies first it's the tank's fault. If the DPS dies first it's the DPS' fault.

In DCUO we can add one more line "If there's a troll in the group it's always their fault."
    • Like x 3
  18. Acesia Well-Known Player

Completely agree with you on this. Bloom and IoR definitely have their place with a good understanding of the power AND the content you're in. As a sorcery healer (never been Nature, though I believe all channeled healer powers work the same- IoR, Bloom, Guardians Light), I keep IoR on my loadout more often than I even use the watcher - since the water is a power hungry ***hole who keeps me from using Word as a burst and constantly overwrites my Soul Aura. What's giving these powers a bad wrap is when people are using them as a burst heal rather than preemptively. If you know your bosses tells, you can anticipate when the group is about to take a good deal of damage. When you know your HoTs arent going to be fast enough, when Rejuvenating each member individually takes too long and too much power... You can use the channeled healer abilities BEFORE the damage hits, time it right, and the entire raid gets that ending burst heal immediately after the damage hits.
    I find this tactic great for specific bosses (if I remember correctly, I first started using it this way in Artifacts on the first boss), though it really all depends on the play style from person to person.

Just because one person can't make these abilities work for them doesn't make them completely useless lol. And people should stop hating on those who use them. Maybe the people you see with them just know how to use them better than you ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Oh goodness. You got riled up over a sarcasm laced post?
    you do know that the OP doesn't really tell people how to play right? If you ever ran with him... you'd know.
    All that stuff he posted is how he was treated a lot of the time in groups.. and if you know him... he's only being snarky here.
    Please take several seats.

See... healing is easily accessible as is power but the healer is a PRIMARY source of health. Those things you mentioned are tied to long cooldowns or to a random function, where as the healer has access to a lot of that with short cooldowns.

You wanna talk about minimum CR? Let's go back to Happiness Home.
    Minimum CR was 113. Now... you do know that people completed that raid with little issue at minimum CR right?

Monarch doesnt post here anymore so you're wasting your time man.
    The OP is the same person who helped with the celestial guide and helped out other players constantly but was treated like crap.
    he isn't stupid lol. Don't treat him as such even if he isn't here posting anymore.
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

As a healer I was never blamed for anything yet.

Huehuehue br br