Let me tell you what DPS can do with ur 77sp...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AponaxX Active Player

Will this effect pvp to? it would probably fix the " a level 10 killed an pvp cr 100" or not?
  2. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

^ He said "sweat leather"

heh heh heh

Nasty :D
    • Like x 2
  3. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I would not say people are lazy but I do think that there are people out there that would rather have others put up more effort to carry them through content. This has nothing to do with Sp, more directed towards those 113's that wanted everyone to carry them through content so that they could get their gear quicker. It is a video game and is meant to be fun. However, people that invest more time should feel stronger than those that do the least possible. Again it is a game, but in games people do strive to be better than others, that is part of the fun. Whether you develop a better loadout, or you gain more sp, or more gear...if there wasn't some sort of competition among players we wouldn't play ANY game.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

haha. sweat leather
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This.
    • Like x 4
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I dunno,m right now I'm working on an alt who has 86 SP and a meager 126 CR, she's a complete wuss. She has been carried through some content, and i don't feel bad about it because of the amount of carrying i've done in my main without bothering to mention it... pretty much ever.

Do I think 86 SP is enough? If I did then my main wouldn't have 178 right now, so no...

Do I feel like running solos for the next three weeks until i can finally buy enough gear to get into bigger content? Again, no, not when a hop a skip and a jump will get me there in the next three days. I can contribute a lot more as a stronger character and even though she's a wuss right now what she doesn't do is hide in the corner, and if I'm really holding the team back I leave.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only player out there in this position, and to be frank, if the roles were reversed and it was a player I knew i'd have no compunctions against helping them accomplish a task, even if I was doing more than a split share of the work.

I guess my point is that now every lowbie is looking for help because they *just* want a free ride.
  8. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I agree to a point. Not every low level character is looking for a free ride, but many are. I've had people actually send me tells asking me if I'd run them through content and all they wanted to do was stand in the back while I did everything. I've honestly come across more people wanting to be carried then not. That's just my experience and in no way am I saying that the majority are like that. Just going by what I've seen. I agree it's different for people with Alts though, I don't mind helping people through instances in those cases. Hell I don't mind helping to begin with, but just going by what the thread is talking about...there are a lot of people who don't want to actually put the effort into getting their character to a higher level.
    • Like x 1
  9. Pink Revenge Committed Player

1. did you mean "not"?
    2. i'm talking about the specific case where low stat players cry that they'll never be picked for raids. when in truth, they could form their own "hey we welcome all low stat players, we don't care" raid but they won't because they require [in all senses of the word] someone else to be doing the work. making the group, doing the killing/healing/powering, etc.
  10. Unida Dedicated Player

more feats based in 'skill' and ill do them, there ain't no way im wasting playtime or sanity on collecting exobit feats, or running LPVE yawn content in every combination known to man.
    • Like x 4
  11. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

The fact that certain forum members would log in to promote that "77sp is all a player needs" is what bothered me the most. These same forum members always shed their opinions on how to "better" the game. Yet every other post they make is about dps needing only 77sp.

So they want to "better" the game, yet inform everyone that minimal effort (i wont use the word lazy) will get u in top tier content. I don't understand...

These same people almost had me convinced to become "casual " because that attitude of "minimal effort" is still good enough.
    • Like x 1
  12. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

People only think of DPS, but I want to see you be a good tank or healer only 77 SP.
    For support roles SP is much more important than the DPS only have to beat ....
    • Like x 1
  13. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

It doesn't take 8 hours a day to get SP. The content you run actually gives you feats it's crazy. And not a lot of them are particularly difficult. Only a few Difficult don't die feats. An alert and a few duos take you 30 minutes. Dedicate some time to get a feat or two a day. Or a mission that's near a feat. People think SP take sooo long to get. They actually don't. If you're 156CR you put enough time in the game anyways. I have 9 toons. Few are 156CR. That's extreme luck out of the raid or quite a bit of marks for the vendor gear. And I have 250sp or higher on 8 villains. I put time into this game. But my time is grinding, not replaying a raid 30 times.
    • Like x 1
  14. DaBeama Well-Known Player

I never said I don't try for feats. I do them. I spent hours trying to get no more no less the other night.
  15. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

And people like yourself will come out of the woodwork complaining.This was a skill based game until last year and all of the 77ers are gonna cry. Get over it and get your sp up
    • Like x 3
  16. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

If you spent hours, clearly the group didn't know much of what's going on. You should ask for assistance outside that group. It's a very simple feat. Contact in game, i'll help with what I can.
  17. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I've been "lazy" for quite a while.. darn life getting in the way.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

You know what I'm sick of this sort of garbage.

Everyone just bandying about this term "elitist" without a clue.

I'll let you in on a secret you don't know any true elitists and I can tell you why. Elitists wouldn't talk to you. You are beneath them. They wouldn't even post on the forums because as far as they're concerned we are unworthy trash.

So with that being said I'll outline a few facts.

It is not elitism to want a better game
    It is not elitism to want meaningful reward for effort
    It is not elitism to expect people to grind sp
    It is not elitism to gain joy from seeing this change.

It is arguably not even elitism to laugh a little at the people who have been making their beds for the last year who now have to sleep in them.

So just stop with this elitism nonsense.
    • Like x 5
  19. DaBeama Well-Known Player

Appreciate it. We got it though. There were other BP feats others needed. I don't mind helping people
  20. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I just read this... And agree 22019 percent.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.